Author Topic: Depression ... Does this exist?  (Read 7217 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Depression
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 07:48:21 PM »

Or they could just become a Xanor/Xanax addict! :D

Xanax is also superior to SSRI's.  Unfortunately, Lexapro, Paxil, Prozac et al are the first things docs reach for, and in 80% of the cases, they're not the right answer.
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 07:50:39 PM »
Xanax is also superior to SSRI's.  Unfortunately, Lexapro, Paxil, Prozac et al are the first things docs reach for, and in 80% of the cases, they're not the right answer.

What triggers your Depression George? Seeing this in your bedroom?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »
What triggers your Depression George? Seeing this in your bedroom?

I'm not depressed.  I was dealing with stress and being pissed off all the time until I got on test cyp and occasional xanax.  Now I'm good to go.  First quack doc tried to put me on Lexapro... I lasted two weeks on that shit before I said "fuck this" and took myself off.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 07:56:27 PM »

I'm not depressed.  I was dealing with stress and being pissed off all the time until I got on test cyp and occasional xanax.  Now I'm good to go.  First quack doc tried to put me on Lexapro... I lasted two weeks on that shit before I said "fuck this" and took myself off.

Sure you are not ::)

If anything, you're a freakin' drug addict :D

And you said something about not having taken test for a long time in another thread. How is life threating ya? :D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »

no they are not. while xanax is unique among benzodiazepines with potential anti depressant affects, most benzodiazepines worsen depression. They are anxiolytics, not anti depressants, SSRIS are antidepressants and anxiolytics that take a while to work.Benzos are immediate, they also a terrible addicitive, with xanax being the worse with long term consequences.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 08:02:22 PM »
Cure:

i have no idea what this is but St johns wort is superior to pharms for depression.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 08:04:41 PM »
i have no idea what this is but St johns wort is superior to pharms for depression.

That is OPIUM. It's a natural plant that has been used for thousands of years.

St. Johns wart has been proven useless.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 08:06:50 PM »
no they are not. while xanax is unique among benzodiazepines with potential anti depressant affects, most benzodiazepines worsen depression. They are anxiolytics, not anti depressants, SSRIS are antidepressants and anxiolytics that take a while to work.Benzos are immediate, they also a terrible addicitive, with xanax being the worse with long term consequences.

SSRI's only "work" on a percentage (less than half) of patients who try them, and no one, including the developers/manufacturers can demonstrate a mode of action or explain just exactly how they "work".  Sounds like hit or miss voodoo medicine to me.  :-\

Benzos are fine if used appropriately.  There is potential for addiction, but if you can use them responsibly and don't have addiction issues, it's no big deal.  If you find yourself popping them every day, it's time to stop.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:04 PM »

SSRI's only "work" on a percentage (less than half) of patients who try them, and no one, including the developers/manufacturers can demonstrate a mode of action or explain just exactly how they "work".  Sounds like hit or miss voodoo medicine to me.  :-\

Benzos are fine if used appropriately.  There is potential for addiction, but if you can use them responsibly and don't have addiction issues, it's no big deal.  If you find yourself popping them every day, it's time to stop.

What about morons taking them 3-4 times per week to deal with stress while taking test and a ton of other drugs as well? :D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
What about morons taking them 3-4 times per week to deal with stress while taking test and a ton of other drugs as well? :D

You're just pissed off you can't get any of this shit from your "enlightened" socialized medicine over there.  :D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »

You're just pissed off you can't get any of this shit from your "enlightened" socialized medicine over there.  :D

Debussey = fed more than enough meds in the mental asylum >:(

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 08:23:06 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 12:12:57 AM »
life sucks...

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 01:22:10 AM »
Does this exist?

I cant get my head around the whole idea of it.

Or is it exaccerbated by medication other factors etc?

are you serious?

does it exist?

its as real as the holocaust was.

to write such a thing to me is blasphemy in its purest sense. Try telling those loved ones of those whove taken their own lives that depression doesnt exist.

The fact is that unless youve suffered it, you'll never be able to get yoiur head around it. Even those who have been treated cant "make themselves" think about suicide and cant fathom how they were like that before..

you obviously dont know anyone who suffers from it.

its real, its serious, and it can be fatal. its a shame ppl like yourself still have to ask. until it gets recognised as the danger to life that  the statistics show it is, then its never going to get the funding to prevent it..

the sad thing is, that steroids and hormones like the ones BB athletes use, are very potent activators of one's propensity to be depressed as it hogs receptors in the brain that would otherwise be used for transmittal of endorphins...yet we still insist that steroids are soft drugs...

i could go on and on.

hey, tell me why a new mother kills herself and her 7 month old babies after living a blessed life and having evertything to live for?...and what about the guy that decides to kill his schoolmates one day?

fact is that you dont just catch it...all the pieces need to be present..for some its purely genetic..i.e. they could be destined to get depressed..for others they may have some trauma that sets it off, for others they may need several tragic events..and so on..

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 01:35:39 AM »

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 01:43:07 AM »
actually you might be joking, but opiates are certainly an intervention for those on suicide watch.

the problem with opiates is that they require higher and higher doses, and eventually the doses are so massive that it manifests as psychotic symptoms and the come down/detox is horrendous.

buprenorphine is another intervention type drug..but despite the documented mild comedown, it is still hell on earth..dont let anyone tell you it aint.

still, for those where nothing else works, these at least give some life.

alcohol is another story as its a nasty depressant...you should not use it even for intervention..if you want tio kill yourself now, you'll porobably do it after leaning on alcohol for self medication purposes...

also, this crap in this thread about one AD being better than another, and AA's being superior to ADs, and SSRIs> SNRIs,and MAOIs,and tricylclics and so on, is, well, complete crap.

the problem is that noone has mapped the brain well enough to be able to work out exactly how these things work- which is why some people can and others cant be fixed...no one really knows..maybe in 100 years when we've mapped it a little better..

no one mentioned deep brain or vagus nerve stimulation..apparently DBS give immediate and marked relief to those in despair...they effectively turn off, or turn on parts of the brain...its the modern form of removing chunks of brain tissue.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 02:36:24 AM »
Clinical depression exists
to others it seems you have everything you want like looks,money,muscles and pink t-shirts yet you sometimes feel worthless and that there is no point to life

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 02:47:13 AM »
Yes, it exists.
I hate the State.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 03:41:15 AM »

Superior for what condition? Benzos are well known to worsen depression over the long term. For rapid anxiolytic effect they are of course superior.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 04:18:22 AM »
Superior for what condition? Benzos are well known to worsen depression over the long term. For rapid anxiolytic effect they are of course superior.

QFT
I hate the State.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 04:23:52 AM »
Word of advice to anyone over 30 who develops "depression":  before you let them put you on an SSRI or other b/s, get your testosterone levels checked, and try test replacement first.

Totally agree good advice.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 04:26:02 AM »
Totally agree good advice.

You're pretty honest, honest.
I hate the State.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"