Author Topic: The "HOMELESS" Billionaire  (Read 5696 times)

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
Re: The "HOMELESS" Billionaire
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 12:15:34 AM »
how old is true adonis? my guess is 25

Try closer to 30 and still unemployed and proud of it

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 12:25:46 AM »
adonis is a thinker.

Chevron427

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 05:54:01 AM »
It must be a fu*ker of a life to have to only live in hotels, sure he doesn't own anything but with a billion dollars I'm sure he still indulges in the best of everything

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 06:35:18 AM »
My condition of sucess in the society.

1, Having good health in mentaly and physicaly.

2, Having enough money to do what you want to do.

3, Having plenty of free time.

These three are essential. None of them should be racked.

io856

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 06:40:30 AM »

lol ESL

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 06:45:08 AM »
she was more like a beauty queen on a movie scene, i said dont mind but what do you mean i am the one?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 07:20:57 AM »
That's not Hetty Green.
Inherited money.   ;)

jack_ftype

• Getbig II
  • Sans Peur
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2009, 07:30:23 AM »
That's pretty interesting. Most people can't really understand that type of thinking. Most people I've encountered are the "all about me" and "what can you do for me" types. It's a shame our world puts so much value into material things.

Perspective is a funny thing. No matter how bad one has it, someone else has it worse. In the end, it's just stuff...stuff we can't take with us upon our deaths. How many people will really remember you for for being a good human being?

I suppose I could be doing better "financially", had I allowed myself to subscribe to the selfish way of thinking, that has taken over society these days. I can't imagine being motivated by wanting a bigger house, a fancier car... et cetera.  I don't think I could live with myself.

In the end, there really is what we need...and then there's everything else. To each his own...I guess.
Well said.  If you aren't happy where you are, you won't be happy where you're going.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2009, 07:33:34 AM »

LOL. And a good sense of humour!   ;D

affy

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 07:50:14 AM »
this guy still owns a private jet an a multimillion dollar art collection

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 07:53:30 AM »
Its a brilliant move really...Try suing a guy who has no property...
HOW IDIOTIC ARE HYOU AGAIN,,,he has money hence called, "a billionaire" not a zeroionair  ::) he has more cash to flow to suers,,,in fact easier to get frmo him vs people who have assets in money not cold hard cash,,

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 07:58:32 AM »
HOW IDIOTIC ARE HYOU AGAIN,,,he has money hence called, "a billionaire" not a zeroionair  ::) he has more cash to flow to suers,,,in fact easier to get frmo him vs people who have assets in money not cold hard cash,,

Hardly...How could you possibly prove he is actually a billionaire if he has no personal assets? His company is trusts and what not...You would be chasing a ghost if you tried to sue him personally...He's even a mystery to Forbes who don't have him listed in their top 400 riches people...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 08:00:14 AM »
Brilliant how?  He still has lots of a$$$$$$$$$$etts. 

Says who? He may have nothing in his name...

jack_ftype

• Getbig II
  • Sans Peur
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 08:00:59 AM »
he has more cash to flow to suers
lol

what crime did he commit again, or what is the compaint?  and in who's jurisdiction?  

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 08:01:36 AM »

Donald Trump also claims to be a Billionaire but many people say he isn't even close...

bodybuildermdpitt

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »
The Homeless Billionaire

When I first met Nicolas Berggruen, I was struck by two things. First, he was a multi-billionaire I’d never heard of — the most interesting kind. Second, he didn’t own a home.

“I stay in hotels,” he told me.

A billionaire without a home? This, I figured, was worth a story. My article about Mr. Berggruen in today’s Journal focuses mainly on his investing life and his push toward socially responsible investing. But what interested me most was his unconventional personal life.

After making his billions, Mr. Berggruen, 46, lost interest in acquiring things: They didn’t satisfy him, and in fact had become something of a burden. So he started paring down his material life, selling off his condo in New York, his mansion in Florida and his only car. He hatched plans to leave his fortune to charity and his art collection to a new museum in Berlin.

For him, wealth is about lasting impact, not stuff.

“Everybody is different and I think that we live in a material world,” he told me. “But for me, possessing things is not that interesting. Living in a grand environment to show myself and others that I have wealth has zero appeal. Whatever I own is temporary, since we’re only here for a short period of time. It’s what we do and produce, it’s our actions, that will last forever. That’s real value.”

When I pressed him on why he no longer got much enjoyment from acquiring more “things,” he said this: “First, I don’t need it. Secondly, maybe in a bizarre kind of way, I don’t want to be dependent on it or have the responsibility. I don’t get that much enjoyment out of saying ‘I own it.’ ”

Mr. Berggruen makes clear that his philosophy is his own, and he has nothing against those who want to enjoy their wealth by having big homes, cars and all the rest. And of course it’s easy for a billionaire to say “money and things aren’t important.”

But his perspective seems to be increasingly common among today’s superwealthy — and even wealthy — who are looking for more lasting meaning in their lives beyond their possessions. I’m not saying they’re right or wrong or that possessions are inferior to other measures of wealth — people should use their wealth however they choose. Yet for all that, Mr. Berggruen’s personal downsizing may be a sign that the voluntary simplicity movement could be moving up the wealth ladder.

This is actually a very well thought out tax scheme, which a lot of people do. You can tax deduct any business expenditure, INCLUDING HOTEL STAYS. There are a lot of people that live this way. At his level of income, and even mine for that matter, it is better to itemize your deductions. I actually know of two physicians in Houston, that rent out hotel rooms for a year at a time, while at the same time maintaining state residency in another state. There practice is just one big tax deduction. As I am hitting almost 40, I should tell you one thing, you will never achieve billionaire or even millionaire status without abusing the poor. Unfortunately, or fortunately, that is how society works.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 08:18:57 AM »
Its a brilliant move really...Try suing a guy who has no property...

We'll take it you said this cause you are just dumb.  Obviously you dont know what BILLIONAIRE means.  Having cash assets is probably easier to get than property.
No Worries 4 me

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 08:20:18 AM »
We'll take it you said this cause you are just dumb.  Obviously you dont know what BILLIONAIRE means.  Having cash assets is probably easier to get than property.

Next to MattT, he's arguably the dumbest person on Getbig.  :-\

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 08:25:28 AM »
i actually think that guy has a much more interesting life than all these uber rich people who settle themselves in huge mansions and  surround themselves with cheap empty luxury.
spoken like a truly jealous individual........you figure everyone should live like you.......WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 08:35:14 AM »

I understand that...The problem is you would have a hard time pinning down what he actually has in cash...All his art is going to go into museum's...Untouchable...

Two words for you

Bernie Madoff...

I don't think he has to many houses hidden from the feds at this point but he has enough money unaccounted for to buy a small country...

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 06:13:52 PM »
I understand that...The problem is you would have a hard time pinning down what he actually has in cash...All his art is going to go into museum's...Untouchable...

Two words for you

Bernie Madoff...

I don't think he has to many houses hidden from the feds at this point but he has enough money unaccounted for to buy a small country...

So are you saying he keeps ALL his money in his matteress.  I don't think so.  He has bank accounts with LOTS of cash it.  Courts will just seize his accounts after you get the judgement and go through the process of collecting.  Pretty sure he probably has some stocks, bonds and mutuals you can grab too.  If he is living in hotel I bet you he isn't paying in cash but with credit cards.  Those cards are being paid.  It is alot harder to secure physical property than cash.  Every collector is going to lien his property and then you have to stand in line.  At least with cash they can pay off the debts as they are filed. 
No Worries 4 me

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 06:47:12 PM »
if he is rich and can live in hotels I do not consider that to be a "homeless person".

Bast175

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 06:51:06 PM »
Guys buy luxury items to attract women, mostly.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »
the dude probably owns a shitload of realestate

there are alot of people who own 500 and 1000 units= millionairs even billionairs
A