Author Topic: Alcohol affecting physique?  (Read 6493 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Alcohol affecting physique?
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2009, 09:09:05 AM »
i only drink in the weekends and never get real drunk, in fact i hate getting drunk and i hate drunk people.

What other kinds of people do you hate?
I hate the State.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2009, 09:09:43 AM »
Oh stop.  Every college kid on the planet has 20 beers over a weekend.  I'm sure all the steroids you take are much more healthy ::)  Bodybuilding for recreation should be about looking good and having fun.  Drinking 12 beers a weekend is not going to impact you much.  I used to be crazy strict with my diet...didn't drink, all that shit.  then I realized I was unhappy as fuck.  I eat pretty clean and I have some beers on the weekends from time to time and there is MAYBE a 5% difference in my physique.  Still train just as hard.

I don't take steroids. However I lived the college kid drinking 20-30 drinks a weekend lifestyle. I didn't end up so well. So because college kids binge drink its ok to do and has no serious health impacts? Whats with all the subjectivism on this board? Not to mention most college kids are slobs. My point is it's not harmless. Alcohol effects every single system in the body. I eat what I want and train 3 days a week and I'm happy. Would you smoke cigarettes on the weekend because kids in college do it every weekend?

body88

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2009, 09:42:21 AM »
I don't take steroids. However I lived the college kid drinking 20-30 drinks a weekend lifestyle. I didn't end up so well. So because college kids binge drink its ok to do and has no serious health impacts? Whats with all the subjectivism on this board? Not to mention most college kids are slobs. My point is it's not harmless. Alcohol effects every single system in the body. I eat what I want and train 3 days a week and I'm happy. Would you smoke cigarettes on the weekend because kids in college do it every weekend?

You said that 20 drinks per week is a "drinking problem".  If that was the case, every college kid in America should be in AA.  You're missing my point, I outlined how drinking on the weekends has had a minimal impact on my physique, and I believe that if you train hard and eat pretty clean it will make less than a 5% impact on most peoples physiques.  Having a 12 pack of beers over a weekend is not going to do much.

Forgive me for the steroid quip....the name BigNBloated would lead one to believe that you are on steroids.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
Alcohol is extremely toxic to your body. It converts IMMEDIATELY to estrogen.

Do you really believe that alcohol literally turns into estrogen?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2009, 10:40:42 AM »
Do you really believe that alcohol literally turns into estrogen?

guess i'm a bitch then!!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2009, 10:45:50 AM »
guess i'm a bitch then!!

If only we knew earlier.  HCO2H + Everclear = testosterone.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2009, 12:02:32 PM »
You said that 20 drinks per week is a "drinking problem".  If that was the case, every college kid in America should be in AA.  You're missing my point, I outlined how drinking on the weekends has had a minimal impact on my physique, and I believe that if you train hard and eat pretty clean it will make less than a 5% impact on most peoples physiques.  Having a 12 pack of beers over a weekend is not going to do much.

Forgive me for the steroid quip....the name BigNBloated would lead one to believe that you are on steroids.

Maybe they should. If your social life revolves around going out and getting drunk you probably should be seeing someone because it clouds out natural social interaction. People become dependant on that icebreaker, the alcohol. There's many levels of alcohol dependancy. Not every addict is a panhandler. Hence the term functional alcoholic. If i took 6 xanax to be able to go out and have a conversation you probably would see it a little differently.

BignBloated was designed to lead one to beleive that I'm somewhat of a permabulker. Not bulking really. I stay in the 15% bf range and dont do anything to get leaner. I don't deal with things that can result in felonies.

I don't think I missed your point. You sound like a responsible drinker. I agree with there being nothing wrong with some beers on the weekend. However, the person who started this thread should probably cut back.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2009, 12:04:47 PM »
If only we knew earlier.  HCO2H + Everclear = testosterone.

Lol, I remember one time my uncle told me to make him a cup of water and I poured Everclear in the glass instead....he ended up spitting it out all over the coffee table.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2009, 04:33:43 PM »
most of the times i feel like shit after drinking, dehydrated , midly depressed, and worst , i have pimples poping on my face after 48 hours. Just for these reasons i drink like a half beer or a full one once every month . I always regret it. Not that i hate being a bit drunk, it's just that the cons in my case are quickly taking over the pros.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2009, 04:47:29 PM »
Wade Boggs would polish off a 12 pack on the plane in between cities from one game to another everyday...He is now in the history books as one of the best baseball hitters that ever played...Would he have been better without the booze? I doubt it...

Alex23

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »
Well alcohol is a dehydrant and muscle is made up of a lot of water so obviously its no good for you
Never drank alcohol,never will

LOL an Irishman who never drank = I'm calling bullshit...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2009, 06:03:59 PM »
Just read Groinks post. How much does alcohol really affect the physique? I have about 20 drinks a week. Will it really make a difference if I cut it out? Serious.

Yep!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2009, 04:37:01 AM »
its not real either.

there are alcohol addicts, but not "people with alcoholism"

Agree, I don't buy into the whole alcoholism is a disease way of thinking.

And yes 20 drinks a week will make you a mess.  But of course most of the delusionites think their 24% bodyfat bodies are some kind of impressive, in their minds they are mass monsters.  ::)

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2009, 06:58:46 AM »
LOL an Irishman who never drank = I'm calling bullshit...
Never drank or did recreational drugs and I never will
Id imagine id be violent with alcohol in me so I cant chance it

Stavios

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2009, 07:14:52 AM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2009, 07:17:14 AM »
hahaha

Je plie devant ton pouvoir, seigneur des gonzesses....
I hate the State.

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2009, 07:19:06 AM »
Just read Groinks post. How much does alcohol really affect the physique? I have about 20 drinks a week. Will it really make a difference if I cut it out? Serious.

Talk to NZmusclequeen, you and him can set up a Getbig Alcoholics anonymous, together.

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2009, 07:26:26 AM »
funny the morals of some on here........ sure one of our finest anit steroid members mentioned doin a bag of blow???

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2009, 07:46:30 AM »
yes
DAWG

Stavios

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2009, 11:21:05 AM »
Je plie devant ton pouvoir, seigneur des gonzesses....

Comment ca va, mec ?  :D

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2009, 07:00:13 PM »
Never drank or did recreational drugs and I never will
Id imagine id be violent with alcohol in me so I cant chance it

You must be the life of the party :D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2009, 07:07:55 PM »
What if you mix vodka and Nitrotech?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2009, 11:26:29 PM »
Alcoholism isn't a joke, dude.  Both of my grandad's brothers died of it.  One put a shotgun in his mouth, and the other a .357 in his temple.  Some shit shouldn't be kidded around about on here, and this is one of them.

You're a joke FAG. Too bad your bisexual grandada didn't do the same. They we would have one less filthy fag that sees gay imagery in every post.

Since your grandpappy and your child molesting father who turned you into a cock craving homo didn't have the guts to end their worthless lives maybe you should do the world a favor and do the shotgun in the mouth route.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2009, 11:51:42 PM »
You take a drink. As the alcohol enters into digestion, it is split into two
compounds: fat and acetate. The fat is taken through the bloodstream and stored
wherever you tend to deposit fat. The acetate is taken into the bloodstream and
used as your primary energy fuel.

Acetate is used as your primary energy fuel. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....this means that rather than burning
carbohydrates, protein, or fat as a fuel, your body relies on the acetate for
energy. It completely stops burning anything else. Suddenly, you have a surplus of
carbs, protein, and fat circulating in the body with nowhere to go. So where does it
all end up? You guessed it...it's converted to fat and deposited on your waistline.

But that's not the only effect on your body. Alcohol also acts as a potent appetizer. Ever
heard of an apertif? It's an alcoholic drink taken before a meal to increase the
appetite, and many restaurants realize that this is a great way to get you to order
more food! Several studies exist that show a sharp increase in caloric intake when
an alcoholic drink is consumed before a meal (compared to a glass of water, or even
a soda!). So now you want either: A) another glass of wine or B) food (probably
something salty or greasy).

That's not all! Let's say that you succumbs to your appetite and finish the bottle.
Just a single bout of heavy drinking will vastly increase the levels of the hormone
cortisol, while significantly decreasing the levels of the hormone testosterone. In
addition to a headache, here's why you may be concerned: cortisol causes the
body to breakdown muscle and suppresses recovery from exercise, while low
testosterone makes the body less likely build lean muscle or to burn fat as a fuel. So
your getting a big belly, and skinny arms and legs.

Or maybe you already had a big belly, skinny arms and legs...

Isn't acetate used in your nail polish?

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2009, 12:00:30 AM »
You're a joke FAG. Too bad your bisexual grandada didn't do the same. They we would have one less filthy fag that sees gay imagery in every post.

Since your grandpappy and your child molesting father who turned you into a cock craving homo didn't have the guts to end their worthless lives maybe you should do the world a favor and do the shotgun in the mouth route.

LMAO OUCH...cruel and cynical but I laughed...