Author Topic: AJ hammin it up on Letterman, and scaring him a bit.  (Read 4828 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: AJ hammin it up on Letterman, and scaring him a bit.
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 07:52:38 PM »
He seemed pretty psychotic to me.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 08:43:02 PM »
Hahaha, gotta love the AK47 with two cardridges taped togheter for "quick reload".

Not an AK but extra for noticing the mag configuration.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »
M-1 Carbine in aftermarket "Enforcer" configuration.

Jones lead a neat life, just a few years before he died he remarried a girl 1/2 his age and hot too. While he's pretty much known for the Nautilus machines, The Med-x line was awesome because of the micro adjustments that could be made in poundages. There was a bio about him a bit back, I'll see if i can find the name*.

* Younger Women, Faster Airplanes, Bigger Crocodiles.

Here's a old Q/A that was interesting too- http://www.playboy.co.uk/life-and-style/interview/79184/1/20Q-Arthur-Jones/ .

Nicely done! Very nicely done! And you even threw in the "Enforcer" configuration. You know your firearms. And you know A. Jones.

I believe that if he were still alive A. Jones would not dislike you as much as the others. Again good job!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 09:29:41 PM »
Hahaha, gotta love the AK47 with two cardridges taped togheter for "quick reload".

I swear if he was alive, he'd probably invent the 3 barrell shotgun. With "Nautilus Action"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 10:43:42 PM »
Arthur was a genius so most wouldn't appreciate the ability he had. He gave concise, accurate replies to questions. He never considered himself an expert but he knew no one else was, either, and that gave him a huge advantage.

Ray Mentzer told me a few stories about Arthur. The most amusing was a time when Joe Weider was visiting. Apparently Arthur would fly some guests in then leave them for a long time on the runway with no air conditioning on. When the people emerged all sweaty and uncomfortable they would be taken past cages and pits with crocodiles and other animals there. Finally, they were brought to a place where Arthur would receive them. On one such occasion Joe Weider was there and I think he asked a question. Well, Arthur tore into Joe about the non-existence of his 'Weider Research Clinic". When Arthur was finished with his tirade, Joe meekly asked if he could go to the bathroom! According to Ray, Arthur didn't like paying taxes because they gave too much to welfare and the undeserving. So he spent all he could on research and didn't pay many taxes. Smart guy. What a pity that extensive research isn't available to everyone. I am not sure what has happened to it.

In the early days of making Nautilus equipment, Arthur got requests for clearer drawings and photos of his equipment. Some unethical people had equipment copied. Arthur stopped sending such material to people and reportedly said, 'The next person who copies me is a dead man!"

I read an article about Terri who he divorced. Apparently she acquired the property with the airfield, etc., and it was later sold to others. He stayed with Inge Cook in his later years. She took those amazing photos of Sergio in 1971-2.

He clearly was the most intelligent individual ever involved in the Irongame and certainly building gym equipment. Ironically, he never did change the practices of muscleheads because they still prefer free weights. Arthur would have washed his hands of these people long ago. A pity he didn't dominate in the sport and change everything for the better.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 01:00:27 AM »
Arthur was a genius so most wouldn't appreciate the ability he had. He gave concise, accurate replies to questions. He never considered himself an expert but he knew no one else was, either, and that gave him a huge advantage.

Ray Mentzer told me a few stories about Arthur. The most amusing was a time when Joe Weider was visiting. Apparently Arthur would fly some guests in then leave them for a long time on the runway with no air conditioning on. When the people emerged all sweaty and uncomfortable they would be taken past cages and pits with crocodiles and other animals there. Finally, they were brought to a place where Arthur would receive them. On one such occasion Joe Weider was there and I think he asked a question. Well, Arthur tore into Joe about the non-existence of his 'Weider Research Clinic". When Arthur was finished with his tirade, Joe meekly asked if he could go to the bathroom! According to Ray, Arthur didn't like paying taxes because they gave too much to welfare and the undeserving. So he spent all he could on research and didn't pay many taxes. Smart guy. What a pity that extensive research isn't available to everyone. I am not sure what has happened to it.

In the early days of making Nautilus equipment, Arthur got requests for clearer drawings and photos of his equipment. Some unethical people had equipment copied. Arthur stopped sending such material to people and reportedly said, 'The next person who copies me is a dead man!"

I read an article about Teri who he divorced. Apparently she acquired the property with the airfield, etc., and it was later sold to others. He stayed with Inge Cook in his later years. She took those amazing photos of Sergio in 1971-2.

He clearly was the most intelligent individual ever involved in the Irongame and certainly building gym equipment. Ironically, he never did change the practices of muscleheads because they still prefer free weights. Arthur would have washed his hands of these people long ago. A pity he didn't dominate in the sport and change everything for the better.

Great post I actually visited the Nautilus Facility in Florida in the 80's and trained there the man was a genius.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 04:52:37 AM »
M-1 Carbine in aftermarket "Enforcer" configuration.

Jones lead a neat life, just a few years before he died he remarried a girl 1/2 his age and hot too. While he's pretty much known for the Nautilus machines, The Med-x line was awesome because of the micro adjustments that could be made in poundages. There was a bio about him a bit back, I'll see if i can find the name*.

* Younger Women, Faster Airplanes, Bigger Crocodiles.

Here's a old Q/A that was interesting too- http://www.playboy.co.uk/life-and-style/interview/79184/1/20Q-Arthur-Jones/ .

Great interview, here are my favorite parts:

I don't know if this is just the driest humor ever or if he is being serious or what but: Q15 Playboy: Is there anything Nautilus machines can't do?

Jones: They cannot develop the female bust. They can develop the muscles underneath it. They can strengthen those muscles, and it will have an effect upon the bustline. But as far as the breast itself is concerned, they can do nothing for that.

Q17 Playboy: Your inventory of TV-production equipment appears rather large. Do you intend to penetrate the nation's living rooms with programming the way you've penetrated its gymnasiums with Nautilus equipment?

Jones: I'm going to try. I'm not greedy. I just want it all. We own the largest television-production facility in the world. It makes NBC's look like a shithouse. That's not my opinion, it's theirs. They've been here and left in a state of shock. I'm sure we own more video equipment, more electronics than anyone else in the world.

Q19 Playboy: So there is life for Arthur Jones after Nautilus and crocodiles.

Jones: My balls are not crystal. As far as I'm concerned, when I'm dead, it's over. There is no longer a universe; it doesn't exist and it never did. So I would like to live as long as possible and mind my own business and do things that matter--younger women, faster airplanes and bigger crocodiles. That's the bottom line.

Q20 Playboy: "Younger women" places first among that trinity. Would that be a reference to your 20-year-old wife?

Jones: Yup. Certainly is. I'm living one of my fantasies. Terri has obvious attributes. She would certainly be on anyone's list of the most beautiful women on the planet. People notice her. About three years ago, we walked into a restaurant in Las Vegas, and Terri was all spiffed up, of course--and you know how people glance around a restaurant when other people walk in--well, about 100 men stood up and gave her a spontaneous ovation. I don't think they even noticed me. Later that night, we went to one of the big shows, and there were 50 stark-naked women--no dogs--prancing around up on the stage, and half the male members of the audience were turned clear around in their seats looking at Terri: turning their backs on the 50 women on the stage! I take great pride in my wife's appearance. But I don't have her as something to show off. She's got a fine brain.

She drives me, she encourages me, she gives me the motivation to keep doing things that perhaps otherwise I wouldn't.

Jones was litterally an OLD man when he found a this hot ...probably around 17 year old.  He is a great man folks.