Author Topic: Where is manfred hoberl now a days?  (Read 12207 times)

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
Re: Where is manfred hoberl now a days?
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 03:22:52 PM »
I completely agree. He competed in the 1991, 1993 and 1994 WSM competition and it never looked like he had oil in there. Just a HUGE 6'5" 300 pound strong man who had genetically gifted arms.. If the man hadn't been in a MAJOR car accident in Germany and lost 100 pounds, he would have DEFINITELY WON the WSM in 1995 or 1996. He was also really entertaining to watch.

though the photo on the DB looks like oil,,,I agree though back in the day it looked like no oil at all except that one picture from above.

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
Re: Where is manfred hoberl now a days?
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 08:16:19 PM »
i liked it when flex used to run pix of him crushing soda cans like they were nothing

they said it required 600lbs to do so ... so he was creating that force with his hands

no matter if oil or not, i saw him curling a 280 pound dumbel for at least 7-8 reps with "good form" around 1993

his armes were huge (over 23 inches even without "oil") and extremley strong

maybe he startet oil or someting like that when he went for the 26 inch guns (but stil very strong there no comparison to the synthol arms of valentino)

even though he didn’t win any of the contests in the 1994 WSM … he  mamged to finish 2nd to Garry Taylor who won by ˝ point … yes 0.5 point

if no the accident he could have easily won it in 1995 … hw was an ex-bber so he looked very good compared to the other competitors … kinda of an early generation Marius

his arms never looked bad at the shows … they always looked like muscle …

Wow that takes me back to when I used to believe that everything the Magazines told me was legit, even his 25 inch guns. I almost bought his arm course that promised massive arms in 10 minutes lol.

that didn’t mean ten minutes in the gym or 10minute training session … the actual training/workout time was 10 minutes …