Author Topic: British Bulldogs Thread:  (Read 182878 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: British Bulldogs Thread:
« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2011, 06:22:24 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2011, 06:22:58 PM »
2 classics:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2011, 06:23:21 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2011, 06:24:23 PM »
A while back, someone asked me about current photos/news regarding Dynamite.
I believe these pictures were taken some time in 2010 while WWE was touring England.
And yes: that is D.H. Smith with Dyno.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2011, 06:24:52 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2011, 04:15:19 PM »
Time to end the suffering
October 27, 2000

By RICK BELL -- Calgary Sun

Davey, give me a call. Give somebody a call. Please.

I've always been in your corner, Davey.

Yes, I've heard the stories about you. From those who defend you and those who wish the worst.

A muddle of fact and fiction.

But I don't care about the stories. This isn't about stories anymore. This is reality, Davey.

No raised arm in victory, no cheers from the crowd now. No rehearsed moves or stage roles. This is real life. And now it's time.

Time to get it together, Davey. To get help before you hurt yourself or someone else.

I've always liked you, Davey. I've watched you and compared you more than once to Rocky, hoping for the heroic Hollywood ending.

I cheered you when you worked out at B.J.'s Gym and vowed you'd return to the wrestling ring.

Even though your back had been slammed against a trap door in a match. Even though discs in your back dissolved in a sea of infection. Even though you suffered great pain. Even though World Championship Wrestling canned you while you lay in bed at the Rockyview.

And even though there was the death of your mother, your sister and your tag-team partner, Owen Hart.

"I'm not finished," you said.

Yes, I cheered when you spoke of your life.

How you got into wrestling, a working-class English lad delivering fruit and vegetables and jumping over the fences of your customers to stay in shape.

Your dad figured it was a lot better than breaking windows. And boy, it was.

You came to Calgary. You became a star. The British Bulldog. I remember how you spoke of your victory over brother-in-law Bret Hart in front of a capacity crowd at London's Wembley Stadium.

Lennox Lewis, now boxing's champ, carried your Union Jack into the ring. A long way from jumping fences.

And I cheered again when you signed with the World Wrestling Federation. Our headline writers dubbed you The Comeback Kid.

"I'll never quit. I never have. I never will," you said.

But, dammit, there was no Hollywood writer to make things work just right. No Robin Williams' character with inspiration and insight. The comeback didn't happen like in the movies. It was real life.

I remember the phone call from a pay phone in a hallway in a rehab in Georgia. You'd been on painkillers. You wanted to get straight.

But you came back from drug rehab. Things were not going well. In a column, I tried to tell your story as best I could. You didn't like the column. You haven't spoken to me since.

Davey, I'll admit I'm the last fellow to give you advice.

I've documented enough woes on this page to make Jerry Springer slink away in disbelief. A loser's litany -- the bar fights, the drunk driving, the handcuffs and the jail cell, the boozy battle with the bottle.

But, maybe through that, just maybe, I came to realize there comes a time when enough is enough.

When it's time for real life.

I met real life in Les, my previous publisher, when I finally promised to quit the sauce. I met real life in my friend B.J., when I woke up and decided to quit being a fat guy. They were there. All I had to do was ask.

And Davey, you are not alone either. There are a precious few who'll back a guy when he's down.

"If you put yourself down, you stay down. I get back up." You said those words, Davey.

Please don't forget them now. Dial the phone.

credit: http://www.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBritishBulldog/bell_00oct27-sun.html

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: November 26, 2011, 06:56:36 AM »
Davey Boy Smith arrested twice in two days
October 27, 2000

By PETER SMITH -- Calgary Sun

Davey Boy Smith, the British Bulldog of the wrestling world, was arrested and charged yesterday after his estranged wife allegedly received a death threat.

Smith, 38, an international wrestling star, had been arrested and charged Wednesday night with two counts of threatening to kill Diana Hart, his estranged wife, and her sister Ellie, said Sgt. Mike Lamore.

Police allege that after being released, he made another threat on Diana's life when she arrived at his house yesterday, and they arrested him again last night after he turned himself in.

Police say they have been to the home several times for domestic disputes over the past few months.

Diana said yesterday she was scared for her life, and others around her.

"I'm absolutely terrified and everyone in my house is," she said.

Diana said after Smith was arrested Wednesday night, she went to his house yesterday to fetch her daughter, expecting he would still be in custody.

"Imagine my surprise when he was there," she said.

"If I thought for a moment he was going to be there, I wouldn't have gone."

Diana said she was intending to be in court later today where her lawyer was hoping to get a restraining order against Davey Boy Smith.

Diana's brother, international wrestling star, Bret (The Hitman) Hart, was worried about the situation.

"If the police take him seriously, then I take him seriously," he said.

Bret said he hadn't spoken to Smith or his sisters since the death of his brother Owen in a wrestling tragedy, when their reaction to Owen's death upset him.

"I don't have anything to do with the three of them. I don't talk to them," he said.

Bret said he was sure his sister wouldn't need his protection.

"Diana can get help from the police," he said.

In the past two years, Davey Boy Smith, a one-time delivery boy from Manchester, England, has admitted he was battling a difficult painkiller drug problem, and had spent some time in a rehabilitation centre in Atlanta.

credit: http://www.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBritishBulldog/arrest_00oct27-sun.html

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #308 on: November 26, 2011, 09:44:37 AM »
sad...dynamite kid had incredible build as kid,,ripped,agile,and great duo power/speed/in ring guile.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2011, 07:11:42 PM »
The Harts distressed and in turmoil
October 28, 2000

By LYLE HARVEY -- Calgary Sun

The head of Calgary's first family of wrestling says he worries that a son-in-law's brush with the law might further fracture his once closely-knit clan.

Grappling legend Stu Hart said the arrest Thursday of Davey Boy Smith -- a pro wrestler known as the British Bulldog, who is estranged from Hart's daughter Diana -- has been tough on him and wife Helen.

"My wife, especially, was distressed about it, because we've never had any problems with any of our kids," Stu said.

"It's an ugly thing -- you don't even like thinking about it, and you don't quite know how it's going to end."

Smith, 37, was arrested and charged Thursday after Diana allegedly received a death threat.

He had been out on bail after being arrested and charged Wednesday in connection with a death-threat incident last September.

The former WCW star, who has admitted to battling a painkiller problem after a back injury, made a brief court appearance yesterday on the death-threat charges.

Smith, who was kept in custody, will be back in provincial court Monday, when government lawyers will seek to have his bail revoked.

Diana Hart's lawyer was also in court yesterday to seek a restraining order against Smith.

Diana, 37, has been separated from Smith for a couple of years, and they share custody of their two teenage children.

She said the last few years have been hard, not only on her, but also on her parents and her nine living siblings.

Brother Owen Hart died at age 34 after falling 15 metres during a WWF event in Kansas City on May 23 last year. Arsonists struck the family's guest house last July and brother Bret got fired by the WCW last week.

Diana's brother, Dean, died in 1990.

"Things are really taking a toll on our family," Diana said.

"Every family has its problems, but in this situation, everyone is very emotional."

Stu said the public attention paid to his family is something he and his wife still find hard to get used to, especially during such difficult circumstances.

"We've been fairly quiet all our lives, but I think we've had 20 or 30 police cars here in the last 48 hours," he said.

"It's hard to believe all of this is going on in one family."

credit: http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingHarts/harts_00oct30-sun.html

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: December 04, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »
Davey Boy in court on threat charge
October 30, 2000

Wrestler Davey Boy Smith will be in court today on charges of making death threats.

Police charged the 38-year-old British Bulldog of the wrestling world last week after allegations he threatened to kill both his estranged wife Diana Hart and her sister Ellie.

Until his arrest, some relatives say the international wrestling giant was on the road to recovery after a long battle with a prescription drug addiction.

Smith, a father of two teenage children, was held in police custody over the weekend and will be in provincial court today.

-- Calgary Sun

credit: http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBritishBulldog/court_00oct30-sun.html

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: December 14, 2011, 04:20:54 AM »
Davey Boy Smith to enter drug rehab
October 31, 2000

By MIKE D'AMOUR -- Calgary Sun

Wrestling superstar Davey Boy Smith said he has no drug problem, yet agreed to check into a rehab program as part of his deal to get out of jail yesterday.

"He's not admitting he has problems with drugs, but will (enter a drug rehab program) to satisfy the Crown prosecutor's terms for his release," Smith's lawyer, Jim Lutz, said outside provincial court.

Smith, known to his millions of fans as the British Bulldog, spent the weekend behind bars in Calgary's Remand Centre after being charged with allegedly telling his estranged wife, Diana Hart-Smith -- sister of another wrestling superstar, Bret (The Hitman) Hart -- he would kill her.

Police allege Diana's massively-muscled 38-year-old husband first uttered the threats to kill her and her sister, Elizabeth Niedhart -- wife of pro-wrestler Jim (The Anvil) Niedhart -- Wednesday night.

Police said Smith made a similar threat to Diana on Thursday and he was arrested the same day.

Smith admitted in the past he was addicted to painkillers, a dependency brought on by back problems and had spent some time in an Atlanta rehab clinic.

After languishing in the pokey for the weekend signing autographs for other inmates, Smith appeared yesterday in Calgary's domestic abuse court where Judge Bill Pepler granted him bail on five counts of uttering threats to kill.

Smith, shackled at the legs, sat quietly in the prisoner's dock with his hands folded in front of him.

The judge released him on the following conditions: He must pay $2,000 cash for each charge or a $20,000 surety.

He is to have absolutely no contact with his wife, sister-in-law or two others named by the court.

He is not allowed to drink alcohol or take non-prescription drugs.

Smith must also enter an addiction treatment program within 48 hours of his release, either in Alberta or in the U.S., where his lawyer said he is soon planning to visit.

Smith is also barred from going near five residences, including that of his wife and Stu Hart, father of Bret.

Smith will make his next court appearance Nov. 8.

credit: http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBritishBulldog/release_00oct31-sun.html

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2011, 05:04:21 AM »
Bulldog denies threats
November 15, 2000

By NOVA PIERSON, Calgary Sun

Wrestling star Davey Boy Smith is "adamant" about his innocence against allegations he threatened to kill his estranged wife.

Smith's lawyer Jim Lutz appeared in provincial court yesterday to enter a not guilty plea for his client and set a trial date.

Smith, who is estranged from wife Diana Hart-Smith of the Calgary wrestling clan, has been charged with four counts of uttering threats, as well as charges of failing to appear and failing to comply with court conditions.

Police allege the 38-year-old wrestler known as the British Bulldog threatened to kill both Diana and her sister Elizabeth Niedhart.

"He is adamant it has nothing to do with him being guilty, but has to do with other matters," said Lutz, hinting at the marital strife the couple is going through.

A divorce has been filed in Court of Queen's Bench.

Smith was arrested in late October and spent a weekend behind bars before being released.

credit: http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBritishBulldog/court_00nov15-sun.html

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: December 22, 2011, 04:51:33 AM »
Bulldog freed from allegations
December 8, 2000

By NADIA MOHARIB -- Calgary Sun

Ten minutes after giving an encouraging wink to his girlfriend, Davey Boy Smith won his courtroom battle and opportunity to return to opponents in the wrestling ring.

The Crown agreed yesterday to drop four criminal charges against the burly 38-year-old wrestler, including an allegation of death threats made to his estranged wife, Diana Hart-Smith of the Calgary wrestling clan.

"I'm really happy, just glad it's all behind me," the man known as the British Bulldog said outside provincial court.

His lawyer Jim Lutz said his client has a one-year peace bond that orders Smith to keep the peace, report to a probation officer, have no illicit drugs and no contact with his ex-wife.

Smith, who has no criminal record, said the bogus threats came in the midst of a bitter ongoing divorce.

"It's a dysfunctional family, to put it mildly," said Crown attorney Edna Konik.

Smith, a father of two, faced four counts of uttering threats, including allegations he threatened to kill both Diana and her sister, Elizabeth Niedhart.

"I was involved with the Harts for 20 years. It was the worst 20 years I've ever had. I have no intention of having anything to do with them," he said, as girlfriend Andrea Hart beamed at his side.

"I've got a new girlfriend and there is a lot of jealousy in the family. I knew this would never see the other side of the courtroom. Someone was going to get caught lying."

His "tough" ordeal included three days spent in police custody, being inundated with autograph requests and a suspension without pay from work.

"I want to step into the ring again or open a new wrestling school.

"I'm disappointed I was incarcerated for something I didn't do. But I guess that's the justice system," he said.

credit: http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBritishBulldog/bulldog_00dec08-sun.html

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: December 26, 2011, 09:33:43 AM »
Some pics of Davey & the Smith Family:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: December 26, 2011, 09:42:31 AM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: January 01, 2012, 07:28:40 AM »
Here's a rarely seen Japan match with Davey & a pasty-white, flabby Bret vs. George Takano and Fujinami:

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: January 02, 2012, 07:45:32 AM »
I was watching WWE roundtable. Brett & Pat Patterson spoke about a confrontation betwwen Rougeaus and Bulldogs. Said Dynamite was a real Bully and no one ever stood up to him. Well Hennig played a rib on Dynamite and said Jaque Rogue did it.Put a lock on his bag So Dynamite started bullying Jacque. Well one day Raymond blindsided Dynamite in a venue hallway, punched him in the mouth and knocked out a bunch of teeth.Pat did say he had a roll of coins in his fist. Needless to say, Bull Dogs were shortly gone after this.

They said Ray was a quiet guy but was a genuine badass you didnt want to mess with.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: January 02, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
I was watching WWE roundtable. Brett & Pat Patterson spoke about a confrontation betwwen Rougeaus and Bulldogs. Said Dynamite was a real Bully and no one ever stood up to him. Well Hennig played a rib on Dynamite and said Jaque Rogue did it.Put a lock on his bag So Dynamite started bullying Jacque. Well one day Raymond blindsided Dynamite in a venue hallway, punched him in the mouth and knocked out a bunch of teeth.Pat did say he had a roll of coins in his fist. Needless to say, Bull Dogs were shortly gone after this.

They said Ray was a quiet guy but was a genuine badass you didnt want to mess with.

Yes, although the initial part of the story happened the other way around, you're right: Ray was a legitimately tough guy (boxer - maybe Golden Gloves; can't remember), and it is generally accepted that Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington was a bully in AND out of the ring..

Hennig actually pulled the rib on Rougeau’s and told them that the Bulldogs were behind it. Jacques ran his mouth and thumped his chest to the agents about how the Bulldogs had better watch their step, etc.
Well, when word got back to Dyno, he went looking for the Rougeau’s, and - in typical Tom Billington fashion - walked up behind a seated Jacques, who was engaged in a card game, and cracked him on the head hard enough to knock him out of his chair. Tom then proceeded to slap him around a little bit more while yelling threats.

Ray was on crutches at the time and pleaded with Tom to stop. Billington then turned his aggressiveness to Ray. He didn’t do anything, but I still think it was a dick move to taunt someone on crutches.

Anyway, a few weeks later, Rougeau’s were standing in the hallway talking to Pat. Tom came walking by and Jacques blasted him in the mouth a couple of times, knocking out some of his front teeth. Though, the only one who claims there was no "knuckle-duster" used was Jacques.
Bad News Allen intervened and broke things up.

Vince held a meeting with the Rougeau’s and Bulldogs shortly thereafter ordering all parties to shake hands.
Both teams would be on opposing sides at the 1988 Survivor Series, and Vince told Tom, specifically, that if he didn’t cooperate, then Vince would withhold his last several weeks worth of pay, which included house shows, merchandise royalties, and pay-per-views.
Tom agreed, and as soon as Rougeau’s were eliminated during their SS match, they bolted straight out of the arena, and headed back to Canada.

Tom & Davey then left the Fed, which was primarily Tom’s decision; based on “principle.”
Davey soon regretted it, the cousins had their final falling out, Tom went through that whole thing with his wife and moved back to England.

Diana copyrighted the British Bulldog image & likeness for Davey to use exclusively, and they threatened Tom with legal action when he began using it himself.
I don’t believe either cousin spoke to the other after that.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: January 02, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »

Yes, although the initial part of the story happened the other way around, you're right: Ray was a legitimately tough guy (boxer - maybe Golden Gloves; can't remember), and it is generally accepted that Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington was a bully in AND out of the ring..

Hennig actually pulled the rib on Rougeau’s and told them that the Bulldogs were behind it. Jacques ran his mouth and thumped his chest to the agents about how the Bulldogs had better watch their step, etc.
Well, when word got back to Dyno, he went looking for the Rougeau’s, and - in typical Tom Billington fashion - walked up behind a seated Jacques, who was engaged in a card game, and cracked him on the head hard enough to knock him out of his chair. Tom then proceeded to slap him around a little bit more while yelling threats.

Ray was on crutches at the time and pleaded with Tom to stop. Billington then turned his aggressiveness to Ray. He didn’t do anything, but I still think it was a dick move to taunt someone on crutches.

Anyway, a few weeks later, Rougeau’s were standing in the hallway talking to Pat. Tom came walking by and Jacques blasted him in the mouth a couple of times, knocking out some of his front teeth. Though, the only one who claims there was no "knuckle-duster" used was Jacques.
Bad News Allen intervened and broke things up.

Vince held a meeting with the Rougeau’s and Bulldogs shortly thereafter ordering all parties to shake hands.
Both teams would be on opposing sides at the 1988 Survivor Series, and Vince told Tom, specifically, that if he didn’t cooperate, then Vince would withhold his last several weeks worth of pay, which included house shows, merchandise royalties, and pay-per-views.
Tom agreed, and as soon as Rougeau’s were eliminated during their SS match, they bolted straight out of the arena, and headed back to Canada.

Tom & Davey then left the Fed, which was primarily Tom’s decision; based on “principle.”
Davey soon regretted it, the cousins had their final falling out, Tom went through that whole thing with his wife and moved back to England.

Diana copyrighted the British Bulldog image & likeness for Davey to use exclusively, and they threatened Tom with legal action when he began using it himself.
I don’t believe either cousin spoke to the other after that.

Spot on my msn!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2012, 08:28:25 AM »
Not a whole lot in the way of wrestling going on in this match, but I like it because it really shows how much the Japanese fans liked Abdullah the Butcher and the Bulldogs.
Also, I think it illustrates the respect Butch had from the other wrestlers.
Watch how both Bulldogs sell for him:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »
Davey Boy positive about his future
December 20, 2000

By RICK BELL -- Calgary Sun

Davey Boy Smith, the man better known as the British Bulldog, is now weighing whether to return to the rough-and-tumble of professional wrestling.

And Davey says he is definitely off the painkillers he'd been on after slamming his back into the trap door of a wrestling ring, a battering blow landing him in the hospital, dissolving discs in his back and leading to his dependence on the drugs.

"For now, I have no intention to go back into the ring," says Davey, who is no longer under contract with Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Federation.

"I feel pretty good. Every day I just keep getting better and better and better. With my time off, my injuries have started to heal up now. I've still got back pain, quite a bit. But not as much as I use to have."

"My weight is up. I'm 260 pounds now. My strength is up. Both my kids live with me. I'm not on any drugs. None. The last time I took any drug was in July and that was a painkiller given to me by a doctor in the Rockyview Hospital. I was getting surgery done on my shoulder. "

"My head is really clear. I haven't been clear for a long time. My everyday life has changed. I'm like a totally different person. I'm not even taking aspirins. I was messed up for a couple of years but I don't have to worry about drugs messing up my head now."

Davey recently booked into drug rehab as part of a deal to get out of jail on bail. The grappler recently faced four counts of uttering threats but, earlier this month, the prosecution did not go forward with the charges.

In exchange, Davey must keep the peace, report to a probation officer, have no contact with his estranged wife, Diana Hart-Smith, and use no illicit drugs.

On the issue of drugs, Davey says he did stay a week in a month-long drug program in Grande Prairie but was released early.

"I'm not the first athlete or the first entertainer who's been in rehab. I'm not embarrassed. I wasn't taking drugs to feel good. I had a broken back. I was medicating myself and did what I felt I had to do to keep wrestling and put food on the table."

"After a week in Grande Prairie they kicked me out and said the program was not for me."

While Davey decides whether or not to return once again to the ring, he definitely plans to take a course in personal training and hopes to open a wrestling school in the new year.

"I'm looking forward to this school and being my own boss in Calgary," says the wrestler, who once wrestled in front of a capacity crowd at London's Wembley Stadium but has not performed on TV for almost a year.

"I don't want to get the average Joe off the street and just take his money. I want to train people who have the real potential to be a pro wrestler. I want to give my experience to other people."

"If you want to learn to wrestle, I've done that. If you want me to teach you how to get in shape, I can help people get in shape in a couple months. That's all I've ever really done is train."

Davey is heartened to hear that despite his difficulties there are still many fans throughout the world who are in his corner and recall his many triumphs.

"I'm really glad the wrestling fans are still behind me," says Davey.

"I'm glad they still look at me as a human being.

"If they spent a couple hours with me they'd know I'm a true and good-hearted man. I'm just David Smith, the delivery boy from England. I may have been a name but I'm really just a regular guy."

And as for drugs?

"We all can make mistakes. But I'm not getting back on that track. It's the loser's track."

credit:  http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBritishBulldog/future_00dec20-sun.html

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: January 31, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »
Bulldog drama heads to court
January 31, 2001

By KEVIN MARTIN -- Calgary Sun

Pro wrestler Davey Boy Smith will face a trial in July for allegedly threatening his brother-in-law, the estranged husband of his new girlfriend.

Prominent defence lawyer Alain Hepner appeared briefly in provincial court to set a hearing date of July 17.

Smith is accused of threatening Bruce Hart, the brother of Smith's estranged wife, Diana Hart-Smith.

Similar charges alleging Smith threatened his ex-wife and her sister, Elizabeth Niedhart, were dropped by the Crown last December after he agreed to sign a peace bond. Smith claimed those charges had come in the midst of a bitter ongoing divorce.

When Smith's was last in court, the burly city man appeared with Andrea Hart, his alleged victim's ex-wife, by his side.

Hepner said his client denies threatening his brother-in-law.

credit: http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBritishBulldog/bulldog_00jan31-sun.html

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: May 06, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »