Author Topic: Marilyn Mach Vos Savant.  (Read 6191 times)

spinnis

Re: Marilyn Mach Vos Savant.
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 11:33:27 AM »
The Old Iq tests was very inaccurate.. :)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 11:44:03 AM »

according to . . .

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 11:53:14 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »
according to . . .

LOL. Very reminiscent of FDR's Brain Trust. Eerie similarities abound, especially the jewelery and vacant looks.   

suckmymuscle

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 08:47:03 AM »

The very old IQ tests had too many questions that required knowledge and were culturally biased to some extent in the way that many questons involved knowing objects places and ideas that those outside Western Civilization might not, but this hasn't been the case since the 1940s. Furthermore, a rich vocabulary and knowledge of historical events and scientific/philosophical terms do correlate with intelligence, so the fact that IQ tests still include them doesen't mean that the test is measuring only specific knowledge as this knowldge is something that usually only brillian people acquire in the first place. It is amazing how much you guys want to deny that Marilyn is incredibly smart. You'll come up with whatever excuses to try to argue that she's really a dumbass and not the obvious genius she is.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

spinnis

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »
she probably couldn't cook, so whats the point?

Bast175

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 09:19:20 AM »
'Marilyn vos Savant (pronounced /ˌvɒs səˈvɑːnt/; born August 11, 1946) is an American magazine columnist, author, lecturer and playwright'

way to do nothing productive to society with her intelligence.   ;D

spinnis

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2009, 09:21:15 AM »
I wonder if she does anal

suckmymuscle

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 09:40:57 AM »
'Marilyn vos Savant (pronounced /ˌvɒs səˈvɑːnt/; born August 11, 1946) is an American magazine columnist, author, lecturer and playwright'

way to do nothing productive to society with her intelligence.   ;D

Hm...maybe she is doing something that is satisfying to herself? No one ever said that every smart person should try to cure cancer or solve the World's energy crises. And the most intelligent people like top physicists and mathematicians dedicate their lives to solving problems and underastanding things that are completely useless to improving Society. Solving Fermat's last theorem probably gave Andrew Wiles enormous personal satisfaction, but it didn't increase life expectancy for the Human Species or made everyone richer.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 10:39:14 AM »
Instead of sanctifying a handful of especially clever people, we should be exploring how to help everyone reach their potential.  How different would things be, in the US for example, if people actually got paid to go to school and complete degrees instead of rewarding inactivity with welfare?

My brainy capacities are totally average but I try to find the time to learn new things despite the constraints of daily life.  As with exercise, most people simply can't find the motivation, and we've all seen what happens to the physique of someone who does zero exercise for 30, 40, 50 years. 

In summation, everyone should be a lot more like me.  Hop to it.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 11:20:20 AM »
one bukkake video of her and all her smarts would go to the shitter.

fuck her.
Deep Tissue Massage

spinnis

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 11:34:24 AM »
She probably cant park

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »
honestly....so full of herself and out of touch...........personal ly i would define intelligence as the sum of two parts............learned knowledge and real world application. i.e. "streetsmarts"..............one without the other is almost compleatly meaningless............. in my opinion she is brimming with booksmarts, but in the other she is found wanting..............and in any real life situation that can spell the death of you.............im not just talking about streetsmarts in the sense of does she know how much an 8 ball should cost, i mean does she understand people, can she read a situation, can she see what an individuals true motivations are by taking cues from the enviornment around her??

haha..the comedy, the comedy

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »
I agree. Intelligence is merely a capacity / potential that doesn't always translate into wisdom over time. IQ tests are good as a tool that lets you measure and compare your brain's processing capacity (and even then, within a very limited framework), but there is a huge difference between being able to analyze a pattern and picking the right answer in a test to analyzing the patterns successfully enough to predict the possible outcome of something much more complex, such as economics or human migration trends, to give an example.

My own father was a triple masters and a PhD, but it didn't do him much good in his later years, cause he wasn't very streetsmart - he was extremely successful in his field (banking / economics) but he was very poor at reading / judging people (he was very naive and simply believed everyone was noble and honest to a fault) and lost a colossal amount of our family's money in ventures that never succeeded. That's one of the reasons I developed a severe contempt for formal education and never finished either of my two degrees, although I'm sure my laziness played a much bigger part ;D

So yes, you can score 200 in an IQ test, but if you are going to be working for someone your whole life and let them absorb the majority of the benefit of your efforts or don't accomplish much in life in measurable terms beyond publishing theories and books that are of no use practically, what's the point? Anyone who uses their IQ score to try and flaunt their intelligence is clearly not what they make themselves out to be.

amen

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 11:56:26 AM »
emotional intelligence is the important thing

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 12:01:15 PM »
3 in a row.  Is there something?

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 12:08:36 PM »
3 in a row.  Is there something?

no, mein little whore.  sorry to disappoint you.  just bored

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 12:13:34 PM »
mein little whore

Tee hee, you make me feel like Eva Braun.