Author Topic: gh-15 Question - saving receptors  (Read 10240 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: gh-15 Question - saving receptors
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2009, 11:57:07 PM »
Well, maybe you should try it.

If a guy that megadosed for ten years likes it, it cannot be that bad.

I don't want to miscredit you, but the poster was the gh15 of a famous german board, he ran a famous german underground lab (maybe the most hyped UG lab in Germany ever) and looked quite decent.

i didnt say it w2ouldnt work i just said it was crap as far as possibilities go.

of course itll work, its juice!   :)

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2009, 03:42:23 AM »

where do you come up with this stuff, woman?

AFAIK test slighty decreases myostatin...

as far s insulin resistance, yes, however bodybuilders dont really get this as they are constantly depleting glycogen stopres through training which re-sensitizes them to insulin.

What is AFAIK testosterone?

This is where I got it from.

: Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009 Apr 10;302(1):26-32. Epub 2009 Jan 21. Links

Measurement of myostatin concentrations in human serum: Circulating concentrations in young and older men and effects of testosterone administration.

Lakshman KM, Bhasin S, Corcoran C, Collins-Racie LA, Tchistiakova L, Forlow SB, St Ledger K, Burczynski ME, Dorner AJ, Lavallie ER.

Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Nutrition, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, 670 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, United States.

Methodological problems, including binding of myostatin to plasma proteins and cross-reactivity of assay reagents with other proteins, have confounded myostatin measurements. Here we describe development of an accurate assay for measuring myostatin concentrations in humans. Monoclonal antibodies that bind to distinct regions of myostatin served as capture and detector antibodies in a sandwich ELISA that used acid treatment to dissociate myostatin from binding proteins. Serum from myostatin-deficient Belgian Blue cattle was used as matrix and recombinant human myostatin as standard. The quantitative range was 0.15-37.50 ng/mL. Intra- and inter-assay CVs in low, mid, and high range were 4.1%, 4.7%, and 7.2%, and 3.9%, 1.6%, and 5.2%, respectively. Myostatin protein was undetectable in sera of Belgian Blue cattle and myostatin knockout mice. Recovery in spiked sera approximated 100%. ActRIIB-Fc or anti-myostatin antibody MYO-029 had no effect on myostatin measurements when assayed at pH 2.5. Myostatin levels were higher in young than older men (mean+/-S.E.M. 8.0+/-0.3 ng/mL vs. 7.0+/-0.4 ng/mL, P=0.03). In men treated with graded doses of testosterone, myostatin levels were significantly higher on day 56 than baseline in both young and older men; changes in myostatin levels were significantly correlated with changes in total and free testosterone in young men. Myostatin levels were not significantly associated with lean body mass in either young or older men.

CONCLUSION: Myostatin ELISA has the characteristics of a valid assay: nearly 100% recovery, excellent precision, accuracy, and sufficient sensitivity to enable measurement of myostatin concentrations in men and women.
PMID: 19356623 [PubMed - in process]

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2009, 03:45:02 AM »

Measurement of myostatin concentrations in human serum: Circulating concentrations in young and older men and effects of testosterone administration.

Lakshman KM, Bhasin S, Corcoran C, Collins-Racie LA, Tchistiakova L, Forlow SB, St Ledger K, Burczynski ME, Dorner AJ, Lavallie ER.

Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Nutrition, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, 670 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, United States.

Methodological problems, including binding of myostatin to plasma proteins and cross-reactivity of assay reagents with other proteins, have confounded myostatin measurements. Here we describe development of an accurate assay for measuring myostatin concentrations in humans. Monoclonal antibodies that bind to distinct regions of myostatin served as capture and detector antibodies in a sandwich ELISA that used acid treatment to dissociate myostatin from binding proteins. Serum from myostatin-deficient Belgian Blue cattle was used as matrix and recombinant human myostatin as standard. The quantitative range was 0.15-37.50 ng/mL. Intra- and inter-assay CVs in low, mid, and high range were 4.1%, 4.7%, and 7.2%, and 3.9%, 1.6%, and 5.2%, respectively. Myostatin protein was undetectable in sera of Belgian Blue cattle and myostatin knockout mice. Recovery in spiked sera approximated 100%. ActRIIB-Fc or anti-myostatin antibody MYO-029 had no effect on myostatin measurements when assayed at pH 2.5. Myostatin levels were higher in young than older men (mean+/-S.E.M. 8.0+/-0.3 ng/mL vs. 7.0+/-0.4 ng/mL, P=0.03). In men treated with graded doses of testosterone, myostatin levels were significantly higher on day 56 than baseline in both young and older men; changes in myostatin levels were significantly correlated with changes in total and free testosterone in young men. Myostatin levels were not significantly associated with lean body mass in either young or older men.

CONCLUSION: Myostatin ELISA has the characteristics of a valid assay: nearly 100% recovery, excellent precision, accuracy, and sufficient sensitivity to enable measurement of myostatin concentrations in men and women.

Stands for "as far as I know".

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2009, 04:01:54 AM »
Stands for "as far as I know".

LOL, ta.

I thought it was some molecular biology term for one of the proteins, genes or receptors like mTor, bax, p53.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2009, 04:10:08 AM »
LOL, ta.

I thought it was some molecular biology term for one of the proteins, genes or receptors like mTor, bax, p53.

Do you know what YEM means.  ;)

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2009, 04:24:50 AM »
Do you know what YEM means.  ;)

Yeast extracted mannitol.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2009, 04:26:17 AM »
Yeast extracted mannitol.

lol no..
You excite me  ;) :-*

Your number 1 online stalker  ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2009, 06:32:51 AM »

ahahhaaa, True Adonis on a copy paste spread again.