Author Topic: 2009 NPC Los Angeles Pictures  (Read 4286 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2009 NPC Los Angeles Pictures
« on: July 21, 2009, 11:37:29 AM »
I wound up taking a lot of pictures, The quality of the athletes were good, and the contest itself had a record breaking turnout, with 180+ competitors.  Here are the links to the pictures from the contest, about 1,200+ pics.

Total list..

http://www.getbig.com/pics/pictures.htm

Men's Bodybuilding

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/6982/event/1/

Misc Pics

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/6982/tag/5/

Bikini

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/6982/event/6/

Figure

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/6982/event/3/

Women's Bodybuilding

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/6982/event/2/

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • http://www.sickipedia.org/
Re: 2009 NPC Los Angeles Pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:45:18 AM »
 ::)

All Woman!

thanks for the ammo Ron!

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:47:35 AM »

This pic says more than anything I can put into words, needless to say all of these "Girls" preserved their femininity.

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/6982/event/2/

can't post pic for some reason

ta ta
Ta ta nerds!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:48:03 AM »
what's the pt of the bikini division?  you already have figure.  those girls dont even work out.  i'm assuming entry fees and some xtra booty for the judges and promoters to pick up on.  bikini in the pros next? 
Oh...Monica!

Reign Down

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:51:19 AM »
Ta ta nerds!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 12:08:33 PM »
what's the pt of the bikini division?  you already have figure.  those girls dont even work out.  i'm assuming entry fees and some xtra booty for the judges and promoters to pick up on.  bikini in the pros next? 

Yeah they all pretty much look the same. And it's funny how nobody knows exactly how they are supposed to look like.  :D (talking about figure mostly)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 03:47:57 PM »
Why's that bloke wearing a bra?

Use your eyes, that's a beatiful lady.  ::)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 05:09:04 PM »

Lets just say that some female bodybuilders are not the most pleasing in the eye, but the overall winner of the show, Rebekkah looked great.

As for Bikini vs. Figure, Isaac wrote up something a while ago about the differences.

As you can see the Figure women have more muscle and the most noticable difference are the capped delts. The bikini women are fit, toned, athletic and carry far less muscle than the Figure women. I wouldn’t say the Bikini women have no muscle, they do but it’s a softer, toned look. A tan definitely helps and in my opinion is necessary for a bikini competitor. You’re under hot bright stage lights if you’re not tan your muscle tone will get washed out. The two biggest things that don’t translate in photos (and are crucial to the bikini division) are presentation and suit selection. Bikini competitors who wear a competition suit like they would in Fitness/Figure look out of place. A cute, well fitted bikini off the store rack or custom made bikini looks 100x better than a regular Fitness/Figure competition suit. If the suit is cut right and flattering to your body it makes a world of difference. Presentation can definitely make or break a competitor. The women who place higher in Bikini can…

1) Walk in heels with confidence and not stumble. If you aren’t used to walking in heels and lack the ability to “work it” then you should practice. It shows when you aren’t confident on stage. You look like a deer caught in the headlights. Remember whatever you’re thinking shows on stage. If you’re nervous and scared you display it on stage and it’s usually unintentional.

2) Have some sass. Don’t go out there and frown, scowl or be frumpy. Work it. You’re in shape, you’ve worked hard, paid your entry fee so go out there and have fun. Don’t over due it and look trashy but hit a few poses.

3) Act as if it’s a photo shoot. Over exaggerate by popping one hip to the side. From the back pop your butt out a little bit. Every booty has a crease so when you pop it out just a tiny bit you eliminate that and it looks better. Catch the judges attention when you present your physique.

Those are the three biggest things that stand out to me when it comes to presentation in bikini. You’re not on stage for long so don’t rush your presentation but also don’t be out there for an uncomfortably long time. If you hit a front, back and then front again in 5 seconds you 1) won’t capture the judges attention and 2) will end up with no photos and be pissed after the fact.

The thing to remember is the judges can only judge what is on the stage at that given day. The bikini division is new and the word needs to get out to women beyond the core audience already involved. There weren’t a ton of bikini competitors in the first pro qualifier however the class winners looked good. There were one or two divisions where the judges didn’t have much to compare so they had to reward what they felt was the best of the group.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 06:48:14 PM »
Lets just say that some female bodybuilders are not the most pleasing in the eye, but the overall winner of the show, Rebekkah looked great.

As for Bikini vs. Figure, Isaac wrote up something a while ago about the differences.

As you can see the Figure women have more muscle and the most noticable difference are the capped delts. The bikini women are fit, toned, athletic and carry far less muscle than the Figure women. I wouldn’t say the Bikini women have no muscle, they do but it’s a softer, toned look. A tan definitely helps and in my opinion is necessary for a bikini competitor. You’re under hot bright stage lights if you’re not tan your muscle tone will get washed out. The two biggest things that don’t translate in photos (and are crucial to the bikini division) are presentation and suit selection. Bikini competitors who wear a competition suit like they would in Fitness/Figure look out of place. A cute, well fitted bikini off the store rack or custom made bikini looks 100x better than a regular Fitness/Figure competition suit. If the suit is cut right and flattering to your body it makes a world of difference. Presentation can definitely make or break a competitor. The women who place higher in Bikini can…

1) Walk in heels with confidence and not stumble. If you aren’t used to walking in heels and lack the ability to “work it” then you should practice. It shows when you aren’t confident on stage. You look like a deer caught in the headlights. Remember whatever you’re thinking shows on stage. If you’re nervous and scared you display it on stage and it’s usually unintentional.

2) Have some sass. Don’t go out there and frown, scowl or be frumpy. Work it. You’re in shape, you’ve worked hard, paid your entry fee so go out there and have fun. Don’t over due it and look trashy but hit a few poses.

3) Act as if it’s a photo shoot. Over exaggerate by popping one hip to the side. From the back pop your butt out a little bit. Every booty has a crease so when you pop it out just a tiny bit you eliminate that and it looks better. Catch the judges attention when you present your physique.

Those are the three biggest things that stand out to me when it comes to presentation in bikini. You’re not on stage for long so don’t rush your presentation but also don’t be out there for an uncomfortably long time. If you hit a front, back and then front again in 5 seconds you 1) won’t capture the judges attention and 2) will end up with no photos and be pissed after the fact.

The thing to remember is the judges can only judge what is on the stage at that given day. The bikini division is new and the word needs to get out to women beyond the core audience already involved. There weren’t a ton of bikini competitors in the first pro qualifier however the class winners looked good. There were one or two divisions where the judges didn’t have much to compare so they had to reward what they felt was the best of the group.

bs.  i'm not reading all that.  the bikini girls that dont place will start taking all kinds of s##t to dry out or muscle at bit which will make it hard to separate them from figure.  wait and see?  heels and stars on their swimsuits/bikinis are nonsense as a separation pt.  more fees and pu$$y for guys running the industry.  where do i sign up after grad school to promote a show?  Tchau!

if that's not possible can someone loan me a camera and i'll be the next liftstupid and fatmanion management   ?
Oh...Monica!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 06:54:18 PM »
The middle weight/overall winner is badass.  Look for him to do damage at the USA.

kimura

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 06:56:33 PM »
::)

All Woman!

thanks for the ammo Ron!

ta ta

Great to see Greg DeFerro putting on the trunks after so many years.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 06:04:05 AM »

Why is Chuck Zito wearing a bikini?

- Block!
?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 06:12:00 AM »

The difference between figure and bikini? 

Bikini = a bunch of hot women (except for Kat Holmes) onstage entertaining the crowd and I'm definitely down with that.

Figure = a bunch of hot women onstage boring the crowd and I'm not really down with that. 

King Kagan

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.kaganyalaman.com
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 07:24:34 AM »
Very nice pics Ron, thanks

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »

Yes, Daryl Gee will most likely spoil Shavis Higa's reign in that class.... or will it...

Stavios

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 09:19:21 AM »

Yes, Daryl Gee will most likely spoil Shavis Higa's reign in that class.... or will it...

Shavis shits all over Daryl Gee

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 09:28:13 AM »
Great to see Greg DeFerro putting on the trunks after so many years.

Someone should have check her bikini bottoms..my guess is that she had some dangling fury in there...no way that is a chick.
footloose and fancy free

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
Shavis shits all over Daryl Gee
Man that a harsh statement. This will be a great battle.  I think the guy with the shit on him will win.