Author Topic: Which Whey?  (Read 9634 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Which Whey?
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2009, 12:51:55 PM »
How can it be a sh$%4 product when thats what they wanted, and its makes label claim.A product cant be sh$# if it makes label claim.The people are getting what they paid for.The product works well, and sells well.It doesnt work like ECA, but it gives you alot of energy, and people get results from it.
Van you cant talk trash about me when you look like this,...I mean come on man.....Your so ugly that when you were younger they had to tie a steak around your kneck so the dog would play with you lol

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2009, 01:04:01 PM »
How can it be a sh$%4 product when thats what they wanted, and its makes label claim.A product cant be sh$# if it makes label claim.The people are getting what they paid for.The product works well, and sells well.It doesnt work like ECA, but it gives you alot of energy, and people get results from it.
Van you cant talk trash about me when you look like this,...I mean come on man.....Your so ugly that when you were younger they had to tie a steak around your kneck so the dog would play with you lol

You have got to be kidding me. How many times have you bashed other companies for selling fake, made-up, ineffective ingredients? Ephedra Leaf has to be the worst kind of scam going. "Pharmaceutical grade Dextrose" is a hell of a lot more honest.

Like I said, you should be ashamed!

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »
in France i've got easy access to the brand "reflex", it's made in uk, look like the best brand i've used over the year.
i pay 93 usd for 10 lbs.

is it okay?
asstropin

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2009, 05:10:06 PM »
in France i've got easy access to the brand "reflex", it's made in uk, look like the best brand i've used over the year.
i pay 93 usd for 10 lbs.

is it okay?

si t'achetes des sacs de 10 lbs de poudre ON optimum nutrition  sur bodybuilding.com de france ca te coute moins cher que toutes le smerdes en euros vendues en france et europe... pareil pour la créatine (ON)...

a l'epoque quand jy vivais encore c'est ce que je faisais, meme avec les frais de port cest mieux et moins cher et t'es gagnant au taux de change.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2009, 05:31:07 PM »
wtf is this ephedra vs ephedrine?

someone tell me is BRONKAID any good or not?

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »
bump

any word on when those assays will be ready?

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2009, 03:53:24 PM »
As far as the Lab Assdays go I have to get around going to Wal-mart and Target to pick up these product.Once I pick these products up I have to ship them to an independent lab, otherwise, people with thing I am "tampering " with the assay.
The shipping time will take 3-4 days, to get to the independent lab I use.Then it takes the lab about 7-10 to get to the product I sent in to be assayed.So even if I mailed out the bottles of protein tomorow, we wouldnt have an answer for atleast 2 weeks.
Plus its going to cost about $500 to buy the product ,ship them and for the lab assays.
I do want to Assay Body Fortress for sure, any other brands would you fellas like me to have assayed?
EAS? Pure Protein,Six Star? any other brands????????????

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
As far as the Lab Assdays go I have to get around going to Wal-mart and Target to pick up these product.Once I pick these products up I have to ship them to an independent lab, otherwise, people with thing I am "tampering " with the assay.
The shipping time will take 3-4 days, to get to the independent lab I use.Then it takes the lab about 7-10 to get to the product I sent in to be assayed.So even if I mailed out the bottles of protein tomorow, we wouldnt have an answer for atleast 2 weeks.
Plus its going to cost about $500 to buy the product ,ship them and for the lab assays.
I do want to Assay Body Fortress for sure, any other brands would you fellas like me to have assayed?
id be curious to see EAS Pure Protein's lab results ...........thx!

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2009, 04:17:13 PM »

Body Fortress, Six Star, EAS for sure.   Thanks John, much appreciated!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2009, 06:01:23 PM »
All The Whey Isolate 5lb - $39

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 28.4 grams

Analyte Result
================================================
MOISTURE 1.51 g
ASH 0.80 g
CALORIES 106.82 Kcal
TOTAL FAT 0.49 g
TOTAL-CARBOHYDRATE CONTENT 0.60 g
PROTEIN COMBUSTION X 6.38 25.00 g

Approved by: Michael K. Grob, Inorganic/Microbiology Dan'Connell,Organic
Laboratory Manager New Ulm, MN Laboratory Manager New Ulm, MN

Blows Optimum Out of the water. Best deal on quality Isolate. I'm sure their margins are low but they are banking on volume... and they deserve it. They are not just a reseller, they MANUFACTURE the protein. You can order up to 50lb directly from the site and many Wholesalers carry their 5lb tubs. These guys are going to be THE dominant force in the hyper competitive whey market.

Truer words never spoken. I was a long time ON user but after trying all the whey, I will not use any others. Flavors are great, they are the first protein that will blend nicely in a shaker bottle and cause no bloat..... In 6 weeks I have burned thru 2 5lb jugs (Vanilla and Cinna Bun) and just ordered 2 more jugs of vanilla and chocolate..

Ebay sells 5 lb jugs for $40 (s/h is included)

Body Fortress is made by Natures Bounty/Vitamin World and I have heard Six Star is by the owners of Muscletech

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2009, 11:00:26 PM »
Truer words never spoken. I was a long time ON user but after trying all the whey, I will not use any others. Flavors are great, they are the first protein that will blend nicely in a shaker bottle and cause no bloat..... In 6 weeks I have burned thru 2 5lb jugs (Vanilla and Cinna Bun) and just ordered 2 more jugs of vanilla and chocolate..

Ebay sells 5 lb jugs for $40 (s/h is included)

Body Fortress is made by Natures Bounty/Vitamin World and I have heard Six Star is by the owners of Muscletech

All The Whey is a great place for protein.  you can customize your own blend completely.  The owner is really cool and easily accessible.  They are a very very good company
No Worries 4 me

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »
John, Sam's Club sells SportPharma's Just-Whey for $25 for 5 pounds.   What's your opinion of SportPharma?

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2009, 06:02:24 PM »
Tendonitis, SportsPharma used to be a high end company.I heard they went out of buisnes, and filed chapter 11.They used to make a product called just Whey and its was 2lbs of really clean Whey Protein and its sold for $34-39.
For a 5 lb bottle of Whey Protein to cost only $25.It probably wont have any Whey Protein Isiolates, or high amounts of L-Glutamine.I am guessing these compnies are buying there Whey from China, and if they are look out !!! Anything that comes out of China is garbage, esecially the creatine!!!!!! There was just a recall on a Whey , from a raw material supplier, it was said to have salmonella.
When it comes to Whey protein if its sounds to good ot be true, it most likely is.
Maybe when I decide to do my assays on random proteins,I might have to pick that one up.
Tendonitis, how much protein are they claiming per scoop? What is the serving Size in Grams? How many grams of carbs does each serving have? I am willing to bet they are claiming it is a 70% WPC,(Whey Protein Concentrate) but its actually like a 35% WPC.a 35% WPC IS LIKE $1-$1.25 PER LB, but is loaded with lactose.Most companies use it as a weight gainer.Its cheap, and it is a Whey product

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »
The label looks pretty decent (74% protein) if that's really what's in there.

5 Lbs. Vanilla
Supplement Facts
Serving Size~27G(1 Scoop)

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 102 
Calories From Fat 15 
Total Fat 1.5g 2%*
Saturated Fat 1g 5%*
Trans Fat 0g **
Cholesterol 39mg 13%*
Total Carbohydrate 2g <1%*
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%*
Sugars 1g **
Protein 20g 40%*
Vitamin A 17IU <1%
Calcium 117mg 12%
Sodium 68mg 3%*
Potassium 155mg 4%

Typical Amino Acid Profile 
Milligrams Of Amino Acids Per 100g Of Pure Protein Essential Amino Acids

L-Leucine (BCAA) 8300mg 
L-Isoleucine (BCAA) 4700mg 
L-Valine (BCAA) 4400mg 
L-Threonine 4900mg 
L-Lysine 6900mg 
L-Phenylalanine 2600mg 
L-Tryptophan 1300mg 
L-Methionine 1600mg 
L-Arginine 1800mg 
L-Histidine 1500mg 

Non-Essential Amino Acids

L-Cysteine/Cystine 1900mg 
L-Aspartic Acid 8100mg 
L-Alanine 3700mg 
L-Glutamic Acid 9300mg 
L-Glutamine 3600mg 
L-Glycine 1400mg 
L-Proline 4200mg 
L-Tyrosine 2300mg 
L-Serine 3600mg 
The Amino Acids In This Product Are Naturally Occurring From The Protein Source.

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Value (DV) not established

Other Ingredients:
Just-WHEY Protein Blend [Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk), Whey Protein Isolate], Cellulose Gum, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Directions For SportPharma Just-WHEY: For a great tasting protein shake, add 1-2 scoops to 6-10 oz. of your beverage of choice. For best results consume twice daily, with one serving

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2009, 06:11:58 PM »
My bad the one i want lab results on is called "premium protein"
i get a huge 6 lb bag at costco for $29.99
thanks!

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2009, 06:17:42 PM »
Mike I can Guarantee you that EAS  is going to fail.Ib et that stuff comes up about 35-45% protein, trust me on this one.If you want to drink that stuff be my guest.Just make sure its on your offseason ,and not pre-contest prep.Because trust me you wont get lean and hard drink that powdered flavored Milk, lol.I am not ragging on you, but that protein isnt clean enough to diet on.That is if you goal is to get shredded

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2009, 06:48:14 PM »
My bad the one i want lab results on is called "premium protein"
i get a huge 6 lb bag at costco for $29.99
thanks!

Ah yes...this and Syntha-6  ;)
just not good enough

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2009, 08:04:47 PM »
Mike I can Guarantee you that EAS  is going to fail.Ib et that stuff comes up about 35-45% protein, trust me on this one.If you want to drink that stuff be my guest.Just make sure its on your offseason ,and not pre-contest prep.Because trust me you wont get lean and hard drink that powdered flavored Milk, lol.I am not ragging on you, but that protein isnt clean enough to diet on.That is if you goal is to get shredded

Fawkkk!
  (here is the label anyhow)   thx!

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2009, 09:51:12 PM »
Mike, and the rest of you guys, want to buy this bulk Whey at Costco, or Walmart, just know that our industry is not regulated.
My company buys 40,000-60,000 lbs of protein per month.I wouldnt  or couldnt sell 6lbs of Whey for $29 retail.We do our own blending, something EAS doesnt do.If I said I had a Rolex  Watch for $400 would you buy it? You might, but it probably wouldnt be real.Just like this protein they are selling.
If this protein is real, then why doesnt all the companies including myself all sell 6;lbs of protein for $29? If that protein is close to 80% protein, at $29 your only going to make a few bucks even at my volume.
I am going to list protein Manufactures I feel will make assays, and take pride in there blending
AST VP2
TrueProtein.com
NaturesWay Isopure
Beverly International
Extreme Labs
Bio-Plex
ISS
Species Isolize
Labrada, Whey Protein Isolate

There might be a few more.But the companies I listed are honest companies who only have good intentions.These companies dont advertise nearly as much as BSN or Muscle Tech, because they put there money into raw materials not marketing.Either a company put money into the quality of the product, or marketing the product.Most companies take a $4 product like NOXPLODE, and market the living sh$# out of it.THey make a killing for a few years, then come out with another hype product.
But then you have companies like AST, they been making VP2 for over 10 years, and it keeps selling, why? Because its quality.
Just like our Lean Mass protein, we have been making that product for 14 years, and it has improved, but it just keeps selling your after year.Beverly Nutrition, have been around over 20 years, and they dont have much hype but they always have a following why? Because they have reputable product that keep there customers loyal.
Companies like Muscletech prey on hype.They just grind out these product with hype, only to have another product, that ever better 4 months later.They even have 4 companies competing against each other.Its just palin greed in the worst way.
I listed companies who I feel are the best in the industry.If you still chose to buy your protein at Costco, or WalMart, good for you.Just know that the protein your drinking will never make label claim, and is just cheap protein.Its your money, its your body, and its your choice

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2009, 10:02:02 PM »

Here's the problem and just one of the reasons you'll open up yourself to lawsuit: chain of custody.

You go and buy the product and the test is worth nothing!

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2009, 10:05:50 PM »
If you shipped a sealed bottle of product to a lab and have it assayed.There is not much a company can say.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »
If you shipped a sealed bottle of product to a lab and have it assayed.There is not much a company can say.

Think a little, think! Ask around, ask some industry people. Mail Mike McCandless for example. Email: my65cuda@aol.com (used to own bulknutrition, now CEO of Primaforce. Had a label claim site for a very brief time and it was closed quickly due to lawsuits). Even if you had the lab order the product directly there's going to be problems. Will the lab testify in court that they stand by their test 100%??

Dante has said he knows of several big companies with shit products. Will he name them publicly? No way in hell!

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2009, 09:22:28 PM »
you ever assay any of that shit getitonny?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2009, 09:44:26 PM »
Yes let's hear the results.

affy

« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2009, 10:09:23 PM »
without the hard evidence this is all talk