Author Topic: Hey Hugo whats wrong with this picture  (Read 2406 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Hey Hugo whats wrong with this picture
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 04:07:25 PM »
I would go with this or palm up fingers on brim, lightly touching brim to hold it. U don't want to smudge the leather. I could find a pic that illustrated that

My grandfather was a Marine, damn you guys must be proud of yourselves.  8)

What pistol is issued to a Marine today?  Beretta?  ???

S

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 04:11:27 PM »
The standard issue is the 9mm. The rumors of a change have been around for years. Beyond the Green Berets, our SOF gets .45 in various makes. Some Special Forces (Green Berets) have access to better handguns. I think it depends on what Group. I thing we need a dictionary of military terms so my posts won't be so long.  :P
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »
The standard issue is the 9mm. The rumors of a change have been around for years. Beyond the Green Berets, our SOF gets .45 in various makes. Some Special Forces (Green Berets) have access to better handguns. I think it depends on what Group. I thing we need a dictionary of military terms so my posts won't be so long.  :P

Wow, interesting stuff...  Can you keep your pistol?  How does that work?  I know my grandfather's kept their 1911's and a few German pistols  :)...  How does that all work? 

Sorry for all the noob questions...
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 04:16:43 PM »
found some more pictures. Page 1 of this thread http://www.spearfishingplanet.com/showthread.php?t=14489

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 04:18:56 PM »
found some more pictures. Page 1 of this thread http://www.spearfishingplanet.com/showthread.php?t=14489

Man that's fucking humiliating... What a little moron...
S

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 04:21:27 PM »
Its better then the nasty debates we get into here.....nope u turn that in. They have moved to allowing u to keep ur helmit and some other stuff for the term of ur service. I have a mound of gear in my garage for my upcoming deployment. The new helmits are fitted better to ur head so it makes sense. U can't take trophy's. I was out drinking with a buddy from 3rd Group (SF) last night. He got a few rifles through, but they have an easier time of it. The MP's tear through ur shit before u redeploy so its hard. U can buy and ship any rifle made before 1898 from Afghanistan. It used to be a good deal to buy and sell these on EBAY, but now the Afghani's are churning out junk to satisfy the antique rifle market, at the bazaars. All the good stuff was sold long before.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 04:23:50 PM »

Good stuff...he got his ass chewed. My only question....how the hell did that dude land that Grouper. I've had three fairly large ones "on" only to see some damm shark wack em.
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2009, 04:24:39 PM »
Its better then the nasty debates we get into here.....nope u turn that in. They have moved to allowing u to keep ur helmit and some other stuff for the term of ur service. I have a mound of gear in my garage for my upcoming deployment. The new helmits are fitted better to ur head so it makes sense. U can't take trophy's. I was out drinking with a buddy from 3rd Group (SF) last night. He got a few rifles through, but they have an easier time of it. The MP's tear through ur shit before u redeploy so its hard. U can buy and ship any rifle made before 1898 from Afghanistan. It used to be a good deal to buy and sell these on EBAY, but now the Afghani's are churning out junk to satisfy the antique rifle market, at the bazaars. All the good stuff was sold long before.

You should honestly write a book, this stuff is interesting as hell to civilians like me...
S

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2009, 04:26:55 PM »
Bro...go hit Barnes and Noble. There are tons of great stuff out there. Short of that, feel free to ask.
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 04:27:14 PM »
Bro...go hit Barnes and Noble. There are tons of great stuff out there. Short of that, feel free to ask.

Thanks
S

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 04:51:39 PM »
My grandfather was a Marine, damn you guys must be proud of yourselves.  8)

What pistol is issued to a Marine today?  Beretta?  ???

i was never a marine bro, i have been to iraq, and astan and fought with them though. i would have gone to the military, but being a soldier for a private contractor pays so much more, i also got to come home every 3 months.

bench

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 05:03:04 PM »
Who did u work for...
L

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 05:13:41 PM »
Who did u work for...
triple canopy, i have been considering going back lately. but ever since that blackwater incident i am not sure of the political climate surrounding private security firms in foreign countries.

i never expected to be hired, but i had all my csat courses complete (except sniper), and had 2 years as a leo. they required 5 years at the time, but the csat certifications helped me out.................a lot.

i am fully sniper certified now for leo, and i am 1 class away from completing my csat sniper classes. so as soon as TC has a listing for a designated defensive marksman, i will reapply. i think since pretty much all they do anymore is guard embassy buildings the should be in the market for a DDM soon.

bench

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »
TC does hire alot of cops or others with non-military training. Blackwater..now Xe is more exclusive, if ur not a SEAL good luck. Have u considered any of the British companies. They have a great rep because they are much more low key. I'm sure everybody has their issues but I've never heard anything bad about TC. They're much more Army SOF centric. That business is not going anywhere quickly. There are alot of us trying to figure out how to become invloved with new ways to either directly join those companies or start smaller ones to support the PMC's with our services. Intell, Info Ops(my field) or other things. Xe went to far with their vision for PMC's, trying to field a BDE level organization but thats coming. Companies like Executive Outcomes have changed the way things work and I think PMC's will be a major player as European nations continue to cut budgets and we have to go it alone more dealing with the nutbags. U will not be out of work.
L

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »
why did you call out hugo. I don't get it

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »
that spearfishing forum is not bad :D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2009, 05:30:17 PM »
why did you call out hugo. I don't get it

I wasn't, he's a Marine and I figured he'd be appalled. Plus I wanted to see how quickly he could rip his uniform apart.
L

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 05:30:26 PM »
TC does hire alot of cops or others with non-military training. Blackwater..now Xe is more exclusive, if ur not a SEAL good luck. Have u considered any of the British companies. They have a great rep because they are much more low key. I'm sure everybody has their issues but I've never heard anything bad about TC. They're much more Army SOF centric. That business is not going anywhere quickly. There are alot of us trying to figure out how to become invloved with new ways to either directly join those companies or start smaller ones to support the PMC's with our services. Intell, Info Ops(my field) or other things. Xe went to far with their vision for PMC's, trying to field a BDE level organization but thats coming. Companies like Executive Outcomes have changed the way things work and I think PMC's will be a major player as European nations continue to cut budgets and we have to go it alone more dealing with the nutbags. U will not be out of work.
very true statement i have known 3 blackwater guys 2 are dead,and 1 i still happily employed. two were marine recon snipers, and the one thats still alive was delta.

as far as you joining a PMC just call them, i worked with a lot of guys that TC purchased out of their military contract.

do you remember the names of any of the European PMC's off hand. i never even thought about them.

bench

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »
I wasn't, he's a Marine and I figured he'd be appalled. Plus I wanted to see how quickly he could rip his uniform apart.

Oh I see.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2009, 06:01:12 PM »
I don't want to join until I retire...and I won't be a door kicker. I think we're looking at what we can offer a PMC from an Intell and Info ops perspective....I have friends who work for JSOC and  we can offer a skill set that many of the PMC's don't have but until they begin to get bigger and do more stuff away from the protection of the US military. We're not needed yet. I think there is a need for Intel and full spectrum Info ops to include cyber warfare. Imagine a company that u can hire that will destroy or infect a computer network, allowing guys like u to take down a target more easily. Or a company that will build target packets allowing Shell or Mobill to safely operate in Nigeria because the door kickers can nail the exact shitheads causing em problems. This stuff doesn't happen yet because the PMC's have or gain intel from the US military and they don't do alot of offensive ops...but they will.

There is a book I just read that had a bibliography which carried most of the PMC's with mission statement, contact info and addresses, including email. I'll get u the name here and post it. The book was alright, detailed several PMC's and what contractors do...but the list of companies was excellant and It would give u several to choose from and pair ur skill set.  As u can tell, I love the topic.

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2009, 06:02:58 PM »
L

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2009, 06:25:22 PM »
very true statement i have known 3 blackwater guys 2 are dead,and 1 i still happily employed. two were marine recon snipers, and the one thats still alive was delta.

as far as you joining a PMC just call them, i worked with a lot of guys that TC purchased out of their military contract.

do you remember the names of any of the European PMC's off hand. i never even thought about them.

bench
Purchased from their military contract?
Squishy face retard

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2009, 06:54:44 PM »
Yeah....guys get bought out or jump ship especially when one contract ends unexpectedly etc.
L

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2009, 07:01:28 PM »
Yeah....guys get bought out or jump ship especially when one contract ends unexpectedly etc.
Crazy that guys get let out of their contract like that.  I never knew there were exceptions to military contracts like that.
Squishy face retard

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2009, 07:12:50 PM »
No, PMC's purchasing other PMC's contracts.
L