Author Topic: Maher pisses me off, how about you?  (Read 2980 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Maher pisses me off, how about you?
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 01:01:42 PM »
Then why do you call Soldiers courageous when all of the above occurs no matter which flag is affixed to their chest?

American soldiers don't intentionally kill noncombatants.  If they do, they get prosecuted like any other criminal.  No comparison. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 01:10:12 PM »
American soldiers don't intentionally kill noncombatants.  If they do, they get prosecuted like any other criminal.  No comparison. 
Hiroshima and Nagasaki were intentional and more civilians died than combatants by the thousands. Of course you have Dresden and hundreds of other towns.  My mother`s town Boeblingen was decimated by air attack and ground.  American soldiers shot and killed two of her great nieces and they were just children.  She was named after one of them.  The soldiers were never prosecuted or even heard of.

Then you have Vietnam now Iraq where over a million have died according to Door to Door ground estimates conducted by Johns Hopkins University, the most thorough and accurate casualty count ever performed on any single nation at war.

Your rosy view of Americans prosecuting a "clean" war is far from the truth.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 01:10:19 PM »
I guess you don`t watch his show at all.  You are really on the lunatic fringe sometimes with your conspiracy nonsense.
I've watched him since his days on ABC. I'll only watch to see the disinfo. Rest of the time he annoys me

::)

;) ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 01:20:35 PM »
Hiroshima and Nagasaki were intentional and more civilians died than combatants by the thousands. Of course you have Dresden and hundreds of other towns.  My mother`s town Boeblingen was decimated by air attack and ground.  American soldiers shot and killed two of her great nieces and they were just children.  She was named after one of them.  The soldiers were never prosecuted or even heard of.

Then you have Vietnam now Iraq where over a million have died according to Door to Door ground estimates conducted by Johns Hopkins University, the most thorough and accurate casualty count ever performed on any single nation at war.

Your rosy view of Americans prosecuting a "clean" war is far from the truth.

I didn't say Americans prosecute a clean war.  I don't have a rosy view of war at all.  War is hell.  Noncombatants always die.  But never intentionally.  If someone violates the rules of engagement, and the command knows about it, the perps are punished.  That's one of the differences between us and those cowardly animals who attacked us on 911. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 01:27:05 PM »
I didn't say Americans prosecute a clean war.  I don't have a rosy view of war at all.  War is hell.  Noncombatants always die.  But never intentionally.  If someone violates the rules of engagement, and the command knows about it, the perps are punished.  That's one of the differences between us and those cowardly animals who attacked us on 911. 
The problem I think relies on the positive connotation that sometimes is assumed with the word, "Courageous".  Courageous does not automatically connote a positive or just act.  It is commonplace to assume courageous signifies something done without ill-intent but it can also simply mean bold.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »
The problem I think relies on the positive connotation that sometimes is assumed with the word, "Courageous".  Courageous does not automatically connote a positive or just act.  It is commonplace to assume courageous signifies something done without ill-intent but it can also simply mean bold.

People who have a warped view of courage will use the word like Maher did.  Courage connotes brave and legal acts. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 01:41:46 PM »
People who have a warped view of courage will use the word like Maher did.  Courage connotes brave and legal acts. 
Not really.  The Sit-ins by African-Americans in Woolworths and other "whites only" lunch counters, were done illegally, yet courageously.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 01:43:50 PM »
He did a good job in "Body Double"

;D
R

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2009, 01:49:52 PM »
Not really.  The Sit-ins by African-Americans in Woolworths and other "whites only" lunch counters, were done illegally, yet courageously.

If you want to go even bigger, The Whole Revolutionary War was fought in "illegal" opposition to Britain.  Courageously I might add.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 04:07:56 PM »

Apples and oranges.  That was civil disobedience.  The "laws" they were breaking were immoral.  What they didn't do was murder innocent people.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2009, 09:43:17 PM »
This thread is substantive evidence that Adonis is certifiably retarded. Bill Maher is a sickening douchebag.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2009, 09:45:53 PM »
DAWG

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 01:32:06 PM »
He's a stand-up comic. 

The only time I got ever got upset (if you can call it that) about anything that idiot said was when he made fun of Palin's Down Syndrome baby. 
Those are the moments one wishes they could be standing next to Maher when he makes like of a Downs Syndrome child, so you could PUNCH HIM RIGHT IN THE MOUTH!!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 02:28:58 PM »
Those are the moments one wishes they could be standing next to Maher when he makes like of a Downs Syndrome child, so you could PUNCH HIM RIGHT IN THE MOUTH!!!!!

That's what he needs.