Author Topic: Super charger worth the cost ?  (Read 8301 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Super charger worth the cost ?
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »
the subs in my turnk will look something like this =

by the way here is what my car looks like now =

That purple looks awesome, brah. Must really work wonders when you're driving down Hollywood Boulevard trolling for dick.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »
Fucking hate those lambo doors. Nothing worse than seeing some average car with them. Funny thing is even the Lamborghini Gallardo doesn't even have lambo doors anymore.......
No doubt about it...

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2009, 08:50:04 PM »
That purple looks awesome, brah. Must really work wonders when you're driving down Hollywood Boulevard trolling for dick.

i had that same mustang in the 90's...the 4.6 liter is more than fast enough for the everyday grind.

Don't sink any more money into it..PS no one will give you anything for it when you try to sell it/trade it in

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2009, 08:54:32 PM »
This is pretty much the opposite of what you should be doing with your money, but I guess you gotta live baby.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2009, 08:57:26 PM »
i had that same mustang in the 90's...the 4.6 liter is more than fast enough for the everyday grind.

Don't sink any more money into it..PS no one will give you anything for it when you try to sell it/trade it in

That's the thing.........you really gottta set yourself a limit on how much you can spend. No point spending $10k on a car cause come sale time you will be lucky if you get another $2k for it. Mods don't add a whole lot to the price of a car, paticularly an older, average car. If you are going to spend all the money on it, you will want to plan on keeping it for a while.
No doubt about it...

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2009, 08:59:43 PM »
I'd go with the PI intake manifold, and ported PI heads with an aftermarket cam with a good tune.  No boost to worry about, no detonation issues, no need for a forged bottom end with 9.5:1 compression ratio.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2009, 09:00:55 PM »
get a 00 m3 csl

You mean 2003 M3 CSL ;)

Not really into american cars at all, but whatever floats your boat tbombz, and by the way, please don't do lambo doors.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2009, 09:09:20 PM »
Fucking hate those lambo doors. Nothing worse than seeing some average car with them. Funny thing is even the Lamborghini Gallardo doesn't even have lambo doors anymore.......
you saying that when I saw a civic,,,with lambo doors it didnt go faster   :D

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2009, 09:10:41 PM »
Vette's are shit. My parents have a 04 Z06. Fucking awful. I don't fit in the damn thing and they have had so many problems with it, it isnt even funny. They are douchebag cars IMHO. Like "hey look I can afford this nice sports car that is really hurting my balls as i sit here"

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2009, 10:23:17 PM »
That's the thing.........you really gottta set yourself a limit on how much you can spend. No point spending $10k on a car cause come sale time you will be lucky if you get another $2k for it. Mods don't add a whole lot to the price of a car, paticularly an older, average car. If you are going to spend all the money on it, you will want to plan on keeping it for a while.

that's what I said in the beginning. There is this guy near me, he had a IS300, basically it was 500-600+ hp car, with all the aftermarket goodies one could stick in the car, put aprox. 80k in it. He said he needed to sell it to buy a house. He sold it to a dude in Russia for 20K. So he wasted money, plus now the Russian dude has a car that has been run into the ground.

Vette's are shit. My parents have a 04 Z06. Fucking awful. I don't fit in the damn thing and they have had so many problems with it, it isnt even funny. They are douchebag cars IMHO. Like "hey look I can afford this nice sports car that is really hurting my balls as i sit here"

Are you fat? And plus the 04 Z06 is of the old C5 platform. The current Z06 is of the C6 platform (some call  it the C5.5) and I have talked to alot of people who just plain like the car, and have no problems.

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2009, 10:47:06 PM »

I think modifications actually decrease the value of the car. Any potential buyer who knows a little more than shit about automobiles should assume that if a car has been modded (i.e. intake, exhaust, turbo, supercharger, fuck...even if I see taillights/headlights done I get suspicious) it's probably been beaten on at some point in the past. Obviously this is not true for EVERY case, but it's a safe and reliable assumption to make when you're buying from someone you don't know. If I buy a used car, I look for one with everything stock unless I know the seller personally and trust them.

Also, I admit I have a lot of learning to do when it comes to cars...but the general consensus among people I know who are into them is that putting superchargers and turbos on cars that don't already have them decreases the lifetime of your car and is a pain in the ass. You need to sink a lot of money into your car to make sure its mechanisms can handle the newly added power a supercharger/turbo would offer.

Could be wrong on that one, but I think it's accurate...

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2009, 12:53:25 AM »
that's what I said in the beginning. There is this guy near me, he had a IS300, basically it was 500-600+ hp car, with all the aftermarket goodies one could stick in the car, put aprox. 80k in it. He said he needed to sell it to buy a house. He sold it to a dude in Russia for 20K. So he wasted money, plus now the Russian dude has a car that has been run into the ground.

Are you fat? And plus the 04 Z06 is of the old C5 platform. The current Z06 is of the C6 platform (some call  it the C5.5) and I have talked to alot of people who just plain like the car, and have no problems.

Not fat at all. It Is just a really uncomfortable ride. If you are over 200lbs it definitely is quite frustrating in the car.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2009, 01:00:18 AM »
Not fat at all. It Is just a really uncomfortable ride. If you are over 200lbs it definitely is quite frustrating in the car.

I used to live near a dude who had the 405 HP Z06, and he was over 6 feet and well over 200 pounds, and when he drove it, he always had a smile, that was his primary car. What you just stated is what people who have tried driving the new 370Z, and they "claim" that if you are over 6'2 you won't fit, yet many people on the forums claim otherwise.

The seats of the Corvette are not that supportive for a sport car, and especially for the stratosphere that they Z06 plays in.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2009, 05:03:28 AM »

All good points.  Freind of mine has an H2 and put 80K into the thing, all the custom sounds and exterior stuff!  Is selling it now for $25,000  :'( cause thats all its worth on the market. 

About the vettes I will take an 09 Z06 with the LS7 and a 6 speed and I think thats all you would want or need as far as sports cars go.  Big displacement and tourqe under the curve.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2009, 05:23:29 AM »
tdongz just downloaded fast& the furious online, and now his only goal in life is to "beat that meanie Vin Diesel".  So now he will drop all his life goals (as if he had any), to tune up his 94 purple shitride so he can impress the 12 year old asian kid who lives down the street.
Deep Tissue Massage

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2009, 05:25:16 AM »
tdongz just downloaded fast& the furious online, and now his only goal in life is to "beat that meanie Vin Diesel".  So now he will drop all his life goals (as if he had any), to tune up his 94 purple shitride so he can impress the 12 year old asian kid who lives down the street.

haha maybe he should change his shitty pre 05 mustang for a 02 nissan skyline with a spoiler?

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2009, 05:29:50 AM »
haha maybe he sould change his shitty pre 05 mustang for a 02 nissan skyline with a spoiler?
and surgically get his eyes slanted  ;D

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2009, 05:31:19 AM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2009, 05:35:27 AM »

He's gonna open up those Lambo doors at a gas station, on the Oakland strip, on a busy Friday night and then its..........

BANG!!....A bodybuilder with 270 solid ass pounds coming out of the car, with everyone looking at him.

Being able to pull this off is worth forgoing any future plans of getting out of his parents spare bedroom or furthuring himself in general.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2009, 05:44:46 AM »
the subs in my turnk will look something like this =

by the way here is what my car looks like now =

Personally, I would not recommend Lambo doors on a Stang.  I find that very tacky.  In the end though, it's your car, and the only one that needs to like it is you, so mod it in a way that makes you happy.  And as far as any negative comments others may make about your ride, pay it no mind.  Some people act as though everybody should have 100K to just drop down on an exotic ride, which isn't logical.  I admire anyone that takes pride in their car and tries to make it into something unique for themselves. 

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »
Personally, I would not recommend Lambo doors on a Stang.  I find that very tacky.  In the end though, it's your car, and the only one that needs to like it is you, so mod it in a way that makes you happy.  And as far as any negative comments others may make about your ride, pay it no mind.  Some people act as though everybody should have 100K to just drop down on an exotic ride, which isn't logical.  I admire anyone that takes pride in their car and tries to make it into something unique for themselves. 

wrong, in america we have a thing called dignity and morality.  Ricing out his shitty mustang would single handedly bring the country down, and this fucking terrorist is intending to do it.

Burn your car tdongz...for America.
Deep Tissue Massage

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2009, 09:28:11 AM »
wrong, in america we have a thing called dignity and morality.  Ricing out his shitty mustang would single handedly bring the country down, and this fucking terrorist is intending to do it.

Burn your car tdongz...for America.

Ricing out, I don't like it either.  I've found that people are going to do what they want and if that means ruining a car, they'll do it.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2009, 09:33:07 AM »
Ricing out, I don't like it either.  I've found that people are going to do what they want and if that means ruining a car, they'll do it.

that's true.  at the end of the day, he lives on the other side of the continent from me and can do whatever he wants.  his money, his car.

ricing's not that huge around here, thank god, but i remember when i was in florida, that's all i saw.  then again, it is florida.

i do agree with the dudes who said that he should just take the 10k (at least) that it'll take him to make his car decent, and buy a better stock car.
Deep Tissue Massage

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2009, 09:39:38 AM »
that's true.  at the end of the day, he lives on the other side of the continent from me and can do whatever he wants.  his money, his car.

ricing's not that huge around here, thank god, but i remember when i was in florida, that's all i saw.  then again, it is florida.

i do agree with the dudes who said that he should just take the 10k (at least) that it'll take him to make his car decent, and buy a better stock car.

I think Clint Eastwood's words at the end of Gran Torino were perfect when it comes to modding cars.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2009, 10:43:42 AM »
your best bet for power adding is turbo, much more efficient power that superchargers....and the turbo
set ups of today, no need to worry about lag...

two identical cars running 10psi, one supercharged and the other turbo...the turbo will fucking dominate
the sc every time with ease...not even comparable

turbo is more complicated under the hood though...but no belts breaking

if you do buy a sc, go with pro charger with an aftercooler....vortec and paxton are shit...go look at
vids of cars with $5k paxton or vortec setups and they are crap, don't add shit for power

either or, with stock compression you will only run a small amount of boost on pump gas...lower the
compression and the skys the limit