Author Topic: The fedor/UFC contract offer thread. All of them Merged!  (Read 17270 times)

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: Fedor Emelianenko Turns Down Three-Fight UFC Contract
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2009, 02:27:33 PM »
this makes more sense. I can see why they (M-1) want to split on promo, but I can also see why dana won't budge.

Dana/UFC: you can make 30 million if you win out

Fedor/M-1: damn that..even if I win out you guys will make a killing....plus I'm not guaranteed beyond the 3 fight deal, probably ufc exclusive, no outside tournaments, no promo's..etc.

Fedor + UFC = not happening .....like I said...dana would have to pay him, they'd both have to 50/50 on alot of stuff and I can see fedor going somewhere else for less $$$ per fight yet have no restrictions very easily.

I'm good either way...no sleep is lost.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2009, 02:28:33 PM »
http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/30/fedor-emelianenko-turns-down-three-fight-ufc-contract/

Fedor Emelianenko said on Wednesday that he does not intend to sign a contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship unless the UFC agrees to promote fights jointly with Emelianenko's promoter, M-1 Global. Since then, several Web sites have reported that Emelianenko had turned down a six-fight contract with the UFC worth $30 million.

FanHouse has learned from a source close to the negotiations, who wished to remain anonymous, that the UFC offered Emelianenko a three-fight contract with a guarantee of less than $2 million per fight.

The source did confirm that Emelianenko was offered an immediate title shot against current UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

As Jonathan Snowden, the author of 'Total MMA: Inside Ultimate Fighting,' who also spoke to someone with knowledge of the negotiations, pointed out, it is possible that Emelianenko could make up to or even more than $30 million during his UFC run, but that amount wasn't guaranteed up front.

"The number is based on Zuffa's projections of what Fedor's take of the PPV money would be, and the numbers they are projecting are based on selling a ton of PPV's. The actual guarantee for Fedor is much more modest. It's true that if business stays at record levels Fedor could walk away with $30 million. But that is no guarantee."

If the pay-per-views in which Emelianenko main events do as well as, say, UFC 100, which reportedly generated approximately 1.5 million PPV buys, he could conceivably make that much, if not more once the PPV escalators kick in.

Vadim Finkelstein, Emelianenko's manager and M-1 Global's CEO, replied "no" when Sherdog asked if a deal could be struck with the UFC without M-1 co-promoting the event.

You noticed this has been posted 2 other times already. It helps to scan the page on topics before you make a new one.
Just thought I would give you a little heads-up.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2009, 02:40:38 PM »

You noticed this has been posted 2 other times already. It helps to scan the page on topics before you make a new one.
Just thought I would give you a little heads-up.

where was this posted UFC offered Emelianenko a three-fight contract with a guarantee of less than $2 million per fight.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2009, 02:48:55 PM »
this makes more sense. I can see why they (M-1) want to split on promo, but I can also see why dana won't budge.

Dana/UFC: you can make 30 million if you win out

Fedor/M-1: damn that..even if I win out you guys will make a killing....plus I'm not guaranteed beyond the 3 fight deal, probably ufc exclusive, no outside tournaments, no promo's..etc.

Fedor + UFC = not happening .....like I said...dana would have to pay him, they'd both have to 50/50 on alot of stuff and I can see fedor going somewhere else for less $$$ per fight yet have no restrictions very easily.

I'm good either way...no sleep is lost.

Same here.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »
where was this posted UFC offered Emelianenko a three-fight contract with a guarantee of less than $2 million per fight.

Fedor's similar pay has to have a new topic when there are several discussing his pay already ::)

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
Re: Fuck M-1 !!!!
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2009, 02:52:15 PM »
The only ones getting pwned are the fans and Fedor.  The UFC doesn't need Fedor and M-1 doesn't give a shit about Fedor.  Did you see what Zuffa offered?

- The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That's 5 mil a fight

- The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.

- Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 logoed items as he wished.

- The UFC also relented on allowing Fedor to compete in combat sambo.

Fucking unreal.

And you present yourself as a succesfull businessman on the boards ?

Don't simply assume that the 'conditions' M-1 sets or the 'offer' the UFC presents give us any real insight in the negotiations nor the final deal.

What's happening now is simply politics as part of the negotiation proces. By giving out selective parts of information to the press both parties want to put pressure on each other and influence the public opinion which generates tons of media attention as you may or may not have noticed on sites/boards all over the world.

But let's get real here. What is 5 mil a fight worth these days ? 200000 euros or something. Dollar ain't worth shit, Fedor likes to get paid in real money these days!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »
And you present yourself as a succesfull businessman on the boards ?

Don't simply assume that the 'conditions' M-1 sets or the 'offer' the UFC presents give us any real insight in the negotiations nor the final deal.

What's happening now is simply politics as part of the negotiation proces. By giving out selective parts of information to the press both parties want to put pressure on each other and influence the public opinion which generates tons of media attention as you may or may not have noticed on sites/boards all over the world.

But let's get real here. What is 5 mil a fight worth these days ? 200000 euros or something. Dollar ain't worth shit, Fedor likes to get paid in real money these days!

$30 million plus PPV money.  That's the best offer he is ever going to get.  You're smart enough to figure that out aren't you?
w

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2009, 03:16:04 PM »
$30 million plus PPV money.  That's the best offer he is ever going to get.  You're smart enough to figure that out aren't you?

UFC = local, as in village, wannabe gangsters

M-1 = Ivy league organised crime

Figure it out tough guy

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2009, 03:21:59 PM »

UFC = local, as in village, wannabe gangsters

M-1 = Ivy league organised crime

Figure it out tough guy

::)
w

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
If this is true, not only is Fedor the biggest pussy in MMA, but he's also the most stupid fuck in the history of MMA.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
Re: What the UFC offered Fedor...
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »
FEDOR IS A FUCKING PUSSY!!!!  After reading this, I've lost all respect for him.

Even the most die-hard Fedor apologists must now admit he's dodging the UFC, and is being a complete pussy not standing up to Vlady.  Total fucking idiot.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2009, 03:56:20 PM »

After all the lies the UFC spread finally a voice of reason

M-1: Fedor Not Offered $30 Million

M-1 Global is denying a report that Fedor Emelianenko turned down a six-fight $30-million deal this week to join the UFC’s heavyweight ranks.

CBS Radio host Carmichael Dave reported Wednesday that Emelianenko had turned down an agreement that would have paid him $5 million per fight. However, Joost Raimond, CEO for M-1 Global, called the report “completely ludicrous” and said negotiations never even reached the point where the number of fights contracted for Emelianenko was decided.

“I can say that the guaranteed -- and the word ‘guaranteed’ is of great importance here -- the guaranteed offer made by the UFC is less than what Fedor made before,” Raimond said. “The five-million (per fight) is way, way, way out of range. Half of that is even way out of range of what they offered.”

Raimond was not present at the meeting that took place between UFC and M-1 management in Los Angeles earlier this week, but he said he was debriefed shortly afterward. M-1 and UFC officials, including president Dana White, reconvened the next day via teleconference call, where M-1 presented a counteroffer that included co-promotion. No written contact was ever presented.

M-1 President Vadim Finkelstein and Emelianenko were en route to Russia Thursday and could not be reached for comment. UFC officials told Sherdog.com that White is also traveling and their earliest comment would come Friday during a media conference call.

Raimond confirmed that M-1 Global had been presented with the possibility to receive a cut of pay-per-view profits in addition to Emelianenko’s guaranteed pay, but he said no other profit-sharing incentives were presented.

“And there were a number of provisions attached to that offer that made it very much less interesting,” Raimond said.

Many of those provisions involved the branding of M-1 within the UFC organization, according to Raimond.

“We made it clear that Fedor, now and forever is part, even part owner, of M-1 and those two cannot be separated,” Raimond said. “If the rest of M-1 is excluded from any kind of deal, it makes the deal difficult.”

Raimond said a title shot against heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar –- in Emelianenko’s first fight or otherwise -- was not specified during the talks. (UFC President Dana White has publicly stated the Russian would challenge for the title in his first bout with the promotion, though.) Raimond also confirmed that the UFC conceded to allow Emelianenko to continue to compete in sambo, of which he is a national champion and spokesman, and noted during the meeting that the fighter was free to wear M-1 clothing.

“That’s like telling someone they’re allowed to eat,” said Raimond, suggesting it wasn’t a significant concession.

Raimond noted that the M-1 team was disheartened to learn that “unsubstantiated rumors” had been disseminated, and that Internet readers were willing to believe them at face value.

“Sometimes the fans don’t realize that there is a business to run and all these statements, ‘These M-1 idiots, why don’t they just give Fedor to the UFC because they’ve offered him the best money?’ This is a completely unsubstantiated rumor that the UFC has offered the best money for Fedor ever. This is just not the case.”

Raimond emphasized that negotiations with the UFC had been fruitful, even though the fundamental disagreement over co-promotion between the two organizations remains.

“We had a very professional, productive and respectful meeting with the UFC,” Raimond said. “I think both parties walked away (knowing) even though a deal wasn’t made, that a very decent meeting was had.”

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2009, 03:56:48 PM »
source?

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2009, 03:59:33 PM »
Once again Minspin spreading fud

M-1: Fedor Not Offered $30 Million

M-1 Global is denying a report that Fedor Emelianenko turned down a six-fight $30-million deal this week to join the UFC’s heavyweight ranks.

CBS Radio host Carmichael Dave reported Wednesday that Emelianenko had turned down an agreement that would have paid him $5 million per fight. However, Joost Raimond, CEO for M-1 Global, called the report “completely ludicrous” and said negotiations never even reached the point where the number of fights contracted for Emelianenko was decided.

“I can say that the guaranteed -- and the word ‘guaranteed’ is of great importance here -- the guaranteed offer made by the UFC is less than what Fedor made before,” Raimond said. “The five-million (per fight) is way, way, way out of range. Half of that is even way out of range of what they offered.”

Raimond was not present at the meeting that took place between UFC and M-1 management in Los Angeles earlier this week, but he said he was debriefed shortly afterward. M-1 and UFC officials, including president Dana White, reconvened the next day via teleconference call, where M-1 presented a counteroffer that included co-promotion. No written contact was ever presented.

M-1 President Vadim Finkelstein and Emelianenko were en route to Russia Thursday and could not be reached for comment. UFC officials told Sherdog.com that White is also traveling and their earliest comment would come Friday during a media conference call.

Raimond confirmed that M-1 Global had been presented with the possibility to receive a cut of pay-per-view profits in addition to Emelianenko’s guaranteed pay, but he said no other profit-sharing incentives were presented.

“And there were a number of provisions attached to that offer that made it very much less interesting,” Raimond said.

Many of those provisions involved the branding of M-1 within the UFC organization, according to Raimond.

“We made it clear that Fedor, now and forever is part, even part owner, of M-1 and those two cannot be separated,” Raimond said. “If the rest of M-1 is excluded from any kind of deal, it makes the deal difficult.”

Raimond said a title shot against heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar –- in Emelianenko’s first fight or otherwise -- was not specified during the talks. (UFC President Dana White has publicly stated the Russian would challenge for the title in his first bout with the promotion, though.) Raimond also confirmed that the UFC conceded to allow Emelianenko to continue to compete in sambo, of which he is a national champion and spokesman, and noted during the meeting that the fighter was free to wear M-1 clothing.

“That’s like telling someone they’re allowed to eat,” said Raimond, suggesting it wasn’t a significant concession.

Raimond noted that the M-1 team was disheartened to learn that “unsubstantiated rumors” had been disseminated, and that Internet readers were willing to believe them at face value.

“Sometimes the fans don’t realize that there is a business to run and all these statements, ‘These M-1 idiots, why don’t they just give Fedor to the UFC because they’ve offered him the best money?’ This is a completely unsubstantiated rumor that the UFC has offered the best money for Fedor ever. This is just not the case.”

Raimond emphasized that negotiations with the UFC had been fruitful, even though the fundamental disagreement over co-promotion between the two organizations remains.

“We had a very professional, productive and respectful meeting with the UFC,” Raimond said. “I think both parties walked away (knowing) even though a deal wasn’t made, that a very decent meeting was had.”

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2009, 04:00:09 PM »
Fedor expecting 50/50 is beyond unreasonable.

What other "sport" guarantees their athletes 50% of revenue?   You don't see the dallas cowboys combined team salary equalling 50% of overall revenue, nor do the Colorado Avalance, the LA Lakers, or the Chicago Cubs. 

This Fedor/M1 shit is a joke.  Fucking cowardly pussies running from Big Brock is all it is at this point.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2009, 04:17:01 PM »

What other "sport" guarantees their athletes 50% of revenue?   You don't see the dallas cowboys combined team salary equalling 50% of overall revenue, nor do the Colorado Avalance, the LA Lakers, or the Chicago Cubs. 

This Fedor/M1 shit is a joke.  Fucking cowardly pussies running from Big Brock is all it is at this point.

50/50 meaning fedor may need to back down some on his wanting to partake in tournaments or dana may have to say hey you can do this type of event...etc.etc.

that's what i'm talking about. as far as promotions 50/50 I can see M-1 wanting to be able to at least have some say in their fighter. Not 50 /50 revenue from a uFC event but they still can market their guy...UFC could be saying hell no he's ours 100%...we don't know...this is all speculation..including my opinion....means nothing basically just talk.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2009, 04:39:39 PM »
Im kind of enjoying this. 

sure it sucks as a mma fan that fedor won't be able to fight ufc fighters.

For mma this is a good thing, UFC can't always get it's way.
I'm enjoying the fact someone/some organization is able to stand up to the UFC.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2009, 04:59:16 PM »
mindspin are you on ufc payroll?  you suck so their dick all day

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »
Im kind of enjoying this. 

sure it sucks as a mma fan that fedor won't be able to fight ufc fighters.

For mma this is a good thing, UFC can't always get it's way.
I'm enjoying the fact someone/some organization is able to stand up to the UFC.

I am glad they are standing up to the UFC ::)
Affliction tried and look who's side they are on now :o
The UFC offered them a future...they turned it down and will end up like Affliction and Bodog.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »
 I think the one thing that's gonna result from these negotiation attempts, is that if fedor dos'nt sign, there's probably gonna be a hell of a lot less interest in his fights from here on out....

he gets a certain amount of respect for standing his ground, but that kind of respect dos'nt translate into what he can do against the best out there,and fighting in any other org at this point is like A Rod or manny ramirez going back down to AAA....

looks like fedor may have the term "what if" attached to his name instead of leaving the legacy we all thought he would ..,.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2009, 07:28:12 PM »
then why doesn't the UFC or its champions say we'll take on anybody anywhere? This is about UFC trying to dominate MMA with their rules. I don't like that.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2009, 07:29:09 PM »
then why doesn't the UFC or its champions say we'll take on anybody anywhere? This is about UFC trying to dominate MMA with their rules. I don't like that.

Bulllshit.  The UFC has been MORE than fair.   This is a pussy running from Big Brock.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
you've got to be absolutely mindless to assume fedor's a pussy....

Ufc's just an "in house" organization, and frankly that's good because look at what boxing is...

4 different orgs with 4 different "world titles"...

people want to recognize only one champion and regardless of what you think fedor would do to carwin or lesnar or anyone else....

for the most part, the title recognition is with the UFC..

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »

No it ain't.  Fedor is king of the mountain, and UFC lovers just can't take that fact.

Fedor is more dominant in his sport than any of the above teams.

You must be on Dana's payroll.  Tell him he ain't getting Fedor.  I wouldn't trust White any further than I could throw Brock.