Author Topic: My Work has Blocked Youtube!!!!???  (Read 2130 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: My Work has Blocked Youtube!!!!???
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 01:05:26 AM »
very few people would feel ok to sit all day watching youtube when they are payed to do something.

when the workload is lower and at times nothing to do, do you suggest sitting staring in front of you like a mindless drone, we are talking people here. they would feel and do better given responsibility under freedom.

Americans are being baby sat from the cradle to the grave.

Meltdown.
P

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 01:09:28 AM »
Meltdown.

may I suggest something cold to drink

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 01:11:06 AM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 01:13:32 AM »
very few people would feel ok to sit all day watching youtube when they are payed to do something.

when the workload is lower and at times nothing to do, do you suggest sitting staring in front of you like a mindless drone, we are talking people here. they would feel and do better given responsibility under freedom.

Americans are being baby sat from the cradle to the grave.

I agree with the premise of what you're saying, but a) People have been fine working that way before the internet surged into mainstream usage from around 1994 onwards, b) That's the reason you get breaks every few hours and c) For every responsible person who doesn't abuse such a privilege, you'll find a lot more who do, if they can get away with it.

Just about every job becomes monotonous after a while, I guess. As long as it doesn't become an environment like the one in Office space...

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 01:16:03 AM »
"and remember, tomorrow its hawaiian shirt day hmm k?"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 06:55:25 AM »
Use the TOR Browser fuckers.  This is an encrypted browser so your retarded firewall can't even tell what you're trying to browse and can't block it.  Google this shit.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 07:07:47 AM »
Parker-quit screwing around and get back to work.  We don't pay you to browse the internets.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 07:37:33 AM »
You think you got it rough bro..... My work blocked Getbig  :(

I still have access to Youtube, facebook, myspace.... all that crap, but the girls decide to block Getbig  >:(
Hey Boss they probably realized you were spending too much time on getbig ;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 08:18:34 AM »

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 08:55:19 AM »
It has nothing to do with Communism. People abuse privileges and waste time at work by surfing the net when they should be working, so there's nothing wrong with blocking out sites such as YouTube. After all, you get paid to work and not browse websites. You can also make a case about the company losing money from data / bandwidth usage in situations where the employee(s) are just sitting idly at times (like helpdesks and such).
It's people like you that cost the Shadow his job.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 09:30:30 AM »
I agree with the premise of what you're saying, but a) People have been fine working that way before the internet surged into mainstream usage from around 1994 onwards, b) That's the reason you get breaks every few hours and c) For every responsible person who doesn't abuse such a privilege, you'll find a lot more who do, if they can get away with it.

Just about every job becomes monotonous after a while, I guess. As long as it doesn't become an environment like the one in Office space...

Hey Kiwiol, what's happening?

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 09:46:01 AM »
i ve worked in offices as a webmaster, content manager , and i just ismply cant do this anymore. You re getting stupider and stupider by the day and the hypocritical relationships between colleagues who all do their best to pretend they work while doing the minimum they can is just unbearable after some times.Worst, you have to do the same after sometimes cause it's the only rational thing to do.
And it's always the same stuff everywhere once you get to know everyone: hypocritical assholes who lick the boss' ass.
Also hierarchy in office jobs is all about being a pernicious shark to make other people look bad in the eyes of your douche boss and make themselves look good. The bastard boss knows it and despise all of his employees but the ones that lick his anus the most.