Author Topic: Hawaii football coach uses homosexual slur in reference to Notre Dame  (Read 7587 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Hawaii football coach uses homosexual slur in reference to Notre Dame
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2009, 11:30:40 AM »
Camaron Miyamoto, coordinator for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Student Services at UH-Manoa, said the comment has shocked many on the campus.

"We have hurt, anger, outrage. All understandable reactions," he said, adding that he hopes the incident spurs a "more respectful campus."

::)  If you are hurt, angry, or outraged by this joke, you need to grow a pair.  Even Coach Mac needs to quit crying already. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2009, 11:42:48 AM »
Camaron Miyamoto, coordinator for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Student Services at UH-Manoa, said the comment has shocked many on the campus.

"We have hurt, anger, outrage. All understandable reactions," he said, adding that he hopes the incident spurs a "more respectful campus."

::)  If you are hurt, angry, or outraged by this joke, you need to grow a pair.  Even Coach Mac needs to quit crying already. 

Yeah, no kidding.  some people need to go bridge building

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »
Have you been reading this thread?  There are people posting here who think this is all overblown and no punitive action should have been taken.  I am sure many other people out there who share that view.  Like the coach, they do not get it.  But they will eventually… or they, too, will pay the price. ;)

Following the termination of Isaiah Washington from Grey’s Anatomy (for the same offense) people should have clued in by now.  I suppose it will take a few more firings and other punishments before people finally start to get it.

What offense?! He called a gay guy gay. Who gives a fuck?

They should STFU!

Overreactions like this hurt all gay people. If anyone pays a price it will be them.

If a word has that much power over a person they really should ask themselves why instead of trying to prevent its use. :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2009, 11:45:11 AM »
Yeah, no kidding.  some people need to go bridge building

Yep.  If anything is outrageous it's using his forfeited salary to hire a GLBT intern instead of hiring a teacher.  We have a major budget/financial crisis and we're wasting money on this?   ::)

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2009, 11:50:33 AM »
Have you been reading this thread?  There are people posting here who think this is all overblown and no punitive action should have been taken.  I am sure many other people out there who share that view.  Like the coach, they do not get it.  But they will eventually… or they, too, will pay the price. ;)

Following the termination of Isaiah Washington from Grey’s Anatomy (for the same offense) people should have clued in by now.  I suppose it will take a few more firings and other punishments before people finally start to get it.

"Pay the Price"?!?

For what? Not following you special interest, attention seeking agenda?

WTF?

If gays weren't constantly seeking attention and special rights, would the rest of society even have you on its' collective radar?

No, it wouldn't.  Just like the NAACP does, the gay agenda has to continually fabricate conflict to maintain its relevancy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2009, 12:00:01 PM »
What offense?! He called a gay guy gay. Who gives a fuck?

They should STFU!

Overreactions like this hurt all gay people. If anyone pays a price it will be them.

If a word has that much power over a person they really should ask themselves why instead of trying to prevent its use. :)

I agree. 

Even the person to whom the comments were directed said let it go already:

Still, Weis says, "in no way do I believe Coach McMackin's comments were intended to be offensive.

"In our phone conversation today, I expressed those sentiments. It is now time to put this incident behind us and return focus to the 2009 season."

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2009, 12:24:48 PM »
Someone should post a video of said 'gay' dance.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2009, 12:38:22 PM »
I looked for it, but this is all I could find:  http://joshqpublic.com/2009/07/30/notre-dame-homo-dance/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2009, 12:16:56 PM »
Put him on the sex offender registry next.   ::)

WAC reprimands McMackin
Advertiser Staff

The Western Athletic Conference said this morning that it has reprimanded University of Hawaii head football coach Greg McMackin for comments he made last week during the WAC's annual football media preview in Salt Lake City.

McMackin's comments included a gay slur that he used while discussing the University of Notre Dame football team.

In addition to the reprimand, McMackin has been warned that any further violations of the WAC Sportsmanship Code will result in an automatic one-game suspension, at the minimum, the WAC said on its Web site.

"I greatly appreciate the quick and decisive actions by UH Chancellor Virginia Hinshaw and Athletics Director Jim Donovan as it has made my job in processing this very unfortunate situation much easier," WAC Commissioner Karl Benson said in a statement. "Coach McMackin's comments were clearly offensive, violated the WAC Code, and are not condoned by either Hawaii or the WAC."

The university last week suspended McMackin for 30 days without pay.

McMackin also volunteered to take an additional 7 percent pay cut from his $1.1 million salary.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20090803/BREAKING02/90803021/WAC+reprimands+McMackin+

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2009, 12:20:58 PM »
7%!!??

Fuck them and the horse they rode in on! I wouldn't voluntarily give up shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2009, 12:28:15 PM »
7%!!??

Fuck them and the horse they rode in on! I wouldn't voluntarily give up shit.

lol.   ;D  He was probably going to do this anyway.  The Gov and her cabinet, the UH president, and the AD had already voluntarily agreed to pay cuts to help with the budget crisis. 

Even with the cut he still makes over a mil a year.  He made a little more than $100,000 a year ago before he became head coach.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2009, 02:26:47 PM »
lol.   ;D  He was probably going to do this anyway.  The Gov and her cabinet, the UH president, and the AD had already voluntarily agreed to pay cuts to help with the budget crisis. 

Even with the cut he still makes over a mil a year.  He made a little more than $100,000 a year ago before he became head coach.   

this is all bad...im not really feeling this at all...the more news i see on this the madder i get

Bay i know youre homo and all, im cool with that. But dude its just words and for someone to get all penalized over that is unamerican..What seperated us from other countries was the freedom of speach..

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2009, 02:28:26 PM »
this is all bad...im not really feeling this at all...the more news i see on this the madder i get

Bay i know youre homo and all, im cool with that. But dude its just words and for someone to get all penalized over that is unamerican..What seperated us from other countries was the freedom of speach..

Penalized, LOL!

Been boning up on the Penal code, Mal?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2009, 02:29:28 PM »
Penalized, LOL!

Been boning up on the Penal code, Mal?

haha...i had to really laugh at that

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2009, 02:37:16 PM »

It really is a complete overreaction.  I was watching Blazing Saddles yesterday and they used the "f" word twice, once when talking about a dance.  We've gone from that to hurt, anger, and outrage when someone makes a harmless joke.  What if he would have called it a "queer dance"?   ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »
It really is a complete overreaction.  I was watching Blazing Saddles yesterday and they used the "f" word twice, once when talking about a dance.  We've gone from that to hurt, anger, and outrage when someone makes a harmless joke.  What if he would have called it a "queer dance"?   ::)

that would have been funny

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2009, 03:58:30 PM »
What if he would have called it a "queer dance"?   ::)

The we wouldn't be discussing this.  :D
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2009, 04:27:39 PM »

This is one sad state of affairs.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2009, 09:56:27 PM »
This is one sad state of affairs.

Oh..... nevermind...

I thought you were talking about California....

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2009, 09:57:52 PM »
He should have said faggoty dance and at least earned all the drama, LOL!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2009, 10:20:53 PM »
He should have said faggoty dance and at least earned all the drama, LOL!

I don't think his remarks would have caused such a fuss in England!

He could have said "Smoke all the fags!" and nobody would have batted so much as an eye!  :-\
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2009, 05:44:38 AM »
I don't think his remarks would have caused such a fuss in England!

He could have said "Smoke all the fags!" and nobody would have batted so much as an eye!  :-\

Even if he said 'poofter dance' the English don't have time for such foolishness.

They're too busy following royals and ignoring radical Islam.