Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 18, 2018, 10:31:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working out one muscle group a day - good idea bad idea?  (Read 900 times)
Stark
Getbig V

« on: September 21, 2009, 01:38:26 PM »

Well since my beloved wife doesn't drive I need to drive her to work - not much time in the morning to get the workout done - since I have been in the gym I am right now I ahve been struggling to get the workout done - now with cardio its near impossible to cramp that all in 90 min.

So I was thinking - since you should really switch and turn your workout plan upside down every now and then - how about I work one muscle group a day (apart from traps) and use the rest of the time for my cardio?

Is there anything that speaks against working one muscle group a day? Anything I did not think of?
Report to moderator   Logged
Tre
Expert
Getbig V

"What you don't have is a career."

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 01:41:36 PM »

Well since my beloved wife doesn't drive I need to drive her to work - not much time in the morning to get the workout done - since I have been in the gym I am right now I ahve been struggling to get the workout done - now with cardio its near impossible to cramp that all in 90 min.

So I was thinking - since you should really switch and turn your workout plan upside down every now and then - how about I work one muscle group a day (apart from traps) and use the rest of the time for my cardio?

Is there anything that speaks against working one muscle group a day? Anything I did not think of?

Isn't this common for most bodybuilders? 

I'm not a bodybuilder  Cheesy, but even I enjoyed it.
Stark
Getbig V

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »

Isn't this common for most bodybuilders? 

I'm not a bodybuilder  Cheesy, but even I enjoyed it.

are we talking about handjobs?
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 01:45:46 PM »

Ask pumpster, he's the resident expert
#1 Klaus fan
Getbig V

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 02:00:20 PM »

These things don't matter as long as you make progress in some way.
just_a_pilgrim
Getbig IV

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 02:25:09 PM »

Considering i do 3 main sets for chest and 2 for Bi's/2 for Tri's not really worth doing something like that for me Grin

I would do the bodyparts in the same day and have more rest days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!