Author Topic: Any endocrinologists on the G&O board?  (Read 2560 times)

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
Re: Any endocrinologists on the G&O board?
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 08:53:04 PM »
ROFL...

Do they send their manly females to attack each other???   ??? ;D

Only if the CrushWrestling.com cameras are in place first.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 08:55:18 PM »
What say you, Tre?

I came off at the end of June...and then those fools got busted at the end of July.  Nice guys, though, and gotta give them credit for selling true anabolics, even if it's only 20% as effective as real test. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 08:57:08 PM »
I came off at the end of June...and then those fools got busted at the end of July.  Nice guys, though, and gotta give them credit for selling true anabolics, even if it's only 20% as effective as real test. 

But was your HDL low now, was that what the doc was concerned about? If it was real low I'm sure it was the drugs. Very common side, sometimes can get to undetectable levels and take a long time to recover.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »
I've got *really* low cholesterol and slightly low sodium. Two of my liver NZs are slightly elevated and the endo is concerned about all of the above.

My question is whether I should still be concerned about arterial plaque buildup given how much red meat I eat on a weekly basis.  Or is this something I probably won't have to worry about as long as my cholesterol stays so low?  I eat a fairly clean diet with 3-4 bad meals or desserts per week. I generally eat 7-8 times per day.   
the answer to this is rather simple

1)buy a coffin
2)pay for the funeral arrangements
3)tell your family that you will miss them because you will prolly die soon

bench

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 09:29:35 PM »
But was your HDL low now, was that what the doc was concerned about? If it was real low I'm sure it was the drugs. Very common side, sometimes can get to undetectable levels and take a long time to recover.

Hard to say, cuz I hadn't had labs done in over 10 years.  Well, when I got life insurance about 5 years ago, they drew some blood, but never gave me access to the results.  Because of their strict weight guidelines, even though I was in pretty good shape, I did not qualify for a preferred rate...but that's the only reason Farmers gave me. 

Going to get more labs done in 4-5 weeks, but the fact that my sister's cholesterol is also very low does point to a strong genetic component, as she eats a typical American diet. 

powermaxx9

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2009, 09:34:15 PM »
Dear Getbig,

I have the lowest testosterone levels in the Muscle Schmoe mansion.  What should I so?

Signed, tre

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2009, 09:38:40 PM »
Hard to say, cuz I hadn't had labs done in over 10 years.  Well, when I got life insurance about 5 years ago, they drew some blood, but never gave me access to the results.  Because of their strict weight guidelines, even though I was in pretty good shape, I did not qualify for a preferred rate...but that's the only reason Farmers gave me. 

Going to get more labs done in 4-5 weeks, but the fact that my sister's cholesterol is also very low does point to a strong genetic component, as she eats a typical American diet. 

Yeah but do you have the specs on hand for the recent test now? Was it both LDL and HDL that was low?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 10:56:14 PM »
Dear Getbig,

I have the lowest testosterone levels in the Muscle Schmoe mansion.  What should I so?

Signed, tre

Shiiiit, lower than the typical schmoe bodybuilder, but still higher than the typical non-bodybuilding schmoe. lol

Yeah but do you have the specs on hand for the recent test now? Was it both LDL and HDL that was low?

Yeah, both are below 40. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 08:28:39 AM »
Schmoe FIGHT (clap!clap!) Schmoe FIGHT (clap!clap!)

There are the hardcore schmoes who are hardcore in their schmoeyness and then there are the hardcore schmoes who are hardcore in their training. 

I am both. ;) And Joe of HDP is my bitch, which is why he's chimed in on this thread.  ;D

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 09:10:40 AM »
I've got *really* low cholesterol and slightly low sodium. Two of my liver NZs are slightly elevated and the endo is concerned about all of the above.

My question is whether I should still be concerned about arterial plaque buildup given how much red meat I eat on a weekly basis.  Or is this something I probably won't have to worry about as long as my cholesterol stays so low?  I eat a fairly clean diet with 3-4 bad meals or desserts per week. I generally eat 7-8 times per day.   

This is the only answer.  It was nice knowing you
No Worries 4 me

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 09:16:05 AM »

High intake of unprocessed red meat has no adverse effects whatsoever.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 09:26:29 AM »
If you've got a few minutes, I have some questions.

TIA

why can't you just go to a doctor nearby? ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 09:55:58 AM »
why can't you just go to a doctor nearby? ::)

1) That shit costs money   :D

2) Both the docs I've seen seen aren't exactly fond of the gym or my diet :(   

Seriously, I'm positive that there are GetBiggers with more pertinent information for my situation, which is why it makes sense to pose some questions here.

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »
GREEN TEA SOLVES EVERYTHING!. 6-8 glasses per day. Forget about your worries.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »
GREEN TEA SOLVES EVERYTHING!. 6-8 glasses per day. Forget about your worries.

The green tea I make tastes like shit.

Lipton and Arizona have pre-made diet versions that I like, however.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2009, 11:00:42 AM »

From what I've read cholesterol is just one factor, and, by itself, serves no measuring indication of heart disease.
I'd have your homocysteine levels looked at too.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2009, 05:08:39 PM »
From what I've read cholesterol is just one factor, and, by itself, serves no measuring indication of heart disease.
I'd have your homocysteine levels looked at too.

Thanks, Freak.  I didn't get that done last time, but it'll be included in the next round of labs. 

I've just always assumed I was going to die of heart disease and planned to stave it off as long as possible. 

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »
Seriously, I'm positive that there are GetBiggers with more pertinent information for my situation, which is why it makes sense to pose some questions here.

Well your "situation" isn't easy to google...so you've cut most of getbig off at the knees  :-\
just not good enough

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2009, 01:11:40 AM »

Well your "situation" isn't easy to google...so you've cut most of getbig off at the knees  :-\
I was wondering why Dr. Tbombz hadn't chimed in yet.