Author Topic: Can you legally go after someone for posting?  (Read 8064 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Can you legally go after someone for posting?
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 01:00:53 PM »
Doesn't Kamali try that at least twice a year?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »
Jack and the Bean Stalker...

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 01:12:28 PM »

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 02:02:09 PM »
Serious question for y'all...

On another message board there is a person who makes off the hook claims, and then threatens to file stalking charges against anyone who calls BS or refutes the claims... even with proof and citations. I'm talking if you even allude to them or their positions, they print out everything and keep a log for the police. Really.

Do claims like this have any weight with the law?  I figure if you don't want to get opposed... all you have to do is stop posting on the message boards, ya? Seems to me that nobody can really claim they are getting 'stalked' if they are willingly making themselves available...

It would be like Chick files stalking charges against some one here.... or Pandae files against pellius.

What do y'all think?

Is this person you are talking about that HAIR BRAINED ALEX JONES??? He is notorious for claiming to sue people or file some kinda stalking, harassing charges against people who don't agree with his madness... or who post comments that he does not like...Guy is a nut job.

Is this the person??
C

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 04:05:08 PM »
Is this person you are talking about that HAIR BRAINED ALEX JONES??? He is notorious for claiming to sue people or file some kinda stalking, harassing charges against people who don't agree with his madness... or who post comments that he does not like...Guy is a nut job.

Is this the person??

I don't think so... but a similar situation.

Follow up Q:

Can you claim mental anguish against others if you are the one who keeps starting s*hit?

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 04:09:12 PM »
JMO:

I think disagreeing about issues on a message board is def. not stalking and holds no legal liability.

On the other hand, I think posting untruths about someone (for instance claiming they are a pedo or something) could be actionable in civil court (libel)....but if the person brings a defamation case they are opening themselves up to having all their dirty laundry uncovered and aired. 

Also, if someone takes harrassment into real life there is a possibility of criminal charges as well as civil retribution.

Suing someone is a huge pain and very expensive...normally it wouldn't get that far...hopefully.

The situation I am thinking of involves a complete nutbag who basically says they are going to sue people for stalking who disagree with them.

Just wondering if that has any legal basis whatsoever....

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 05:10:02 PM »
I don't think so... but a similar situation.

Follow up Q:

Can you claim mental anguish against others if you are the one who keeps starting s*hit?

I don't think it would go anywhere.

The situation I am thinking of involves a complete nutbag who basically says they are going to sue people for stalking who disagree with them.

Just wondering if that has any legal basis whatsoever....

I'm no lawyer, but I would think no.

R