Author Topic: Everyone who doesn't like Obamacare better keep quiet  (Read 1685 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Everyone who doesn't like Obamacare better keep quiet
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 08:46:44 AM »
First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »
Al answer this question and we can put this thread to bed for good.

If a republican President or Senator put out a press release asking for people to give them the names of other people who disagreed with their policies, would you be ok with that?

Simple yes or no question-- No long winded answers are necessary.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 03:23:19 PM »
That isn't what happened here.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care.  These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation.  Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

Where in that statement is there a request for anyone's name? As I've already stated, and as the statement above addresses, most of what the White House considers disinfo has no attributable sources, so your question has no relevance to the administration's position.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »
Do you have selective memory loss or a reading comprehension problem?

What you posted below is a direct request for the identity of someone "spreading rumors" that seem "fishy". Casual conversation seems pretty attributable to an identifiable source to me- Do you have casual conversations with imaginary beings?

Chain emails come from human beings also-- I get many chain emails from relatives and friends about everything from funny pictures to charitable sob stories, to online scams.

Dude, you really are delusional or just not too bright.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 04:18:06 PM »
face it Al if bush had done this you and alot of others on here would be up in arms.

why do you think they would ask for their emails? simple question

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »
Do you have selective memory loss or a reading comprehension problem?

What you posted below is a direct request for the identity of someone "spreading rumors" that seem "fishy". Casual conversation seems pretty attributable to an identifiable source to me- Do you have casual conversations with imaginary beings?

Chain emails come from human beings also-- I get many chain emails from relatives and friends about everything from funny pictures to charitable sob stories, to online scams.

Dude, you really are delusional or just not too bright.

What I posted is a direct request for the actual "fishy rumors", not names or identities.  The actual quote specifically asks for stuff found on the web.

Yes, you may receive chain emails from relatives, but, if it is a chain email, it likely didn't original with the person who sent it to you. It makes no sense to assume that the White House would be compiling an enemies list made up of people who received an email that, conceivably, hundreds of thousands of others received. It DOES make sense to assume they would use that general info as part of their own public info campaign, especially since that is how they have operated up until now.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
What I posted is a direct request for the actual "fishy rumors", not names or identities.  The actual quote specifically asks for stuff found on the web.

Yes, you may receive chain emails from relatives, but, if it is a chain email, it likely didn't original with the person who sent it to you. It makes no sense to assume that the White House would be compiling an enemies list made up of people who received an email that, conceivably, hundreds of thousands of others received. It DOES make sense to assume they would use that general info as part of their own public info campaign, especially since that is how they have operated up until now.
why do you believe they are asking for the emails? specifically

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 05:42:12 PM »
why do you believe they are asking for the emails? specifically

I think I answered that pretty clearly. They are attempting to counterspin the "disinfo" they believe they contain.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »
I think I answered that pretty clearly. They are attempting to counterspin the "disinfo" they believe they contain.
they dont need email address for that AL all the need is the disinfo to counter it so again why are they asking for emails?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 05:47:36 PM »
they dont need email address for that AL all the need is the disinfo to counter it so again why are they asking for emails?

I posted the quote from the blog. It doesn't say anything about email addresses. They just ask that the rumors be forwarded to them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »
I posted the quote from the blog. It doesn't say anything about email addresses. They just ask that the rumors be forwarded to them.
ahha very good catch I didnt see that...with that in mind this is actually a smart move for obama as to counter the arguements out there...his idea of healthcare reform is still shit imo but this on the surface at least looks legit still smells a little fishy to me maybe Ill report it to that email address.