Author Topic: tna much improved.  (Read 3954 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
tna much improved.
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:18:10 PM »
while watching tna the other night i  realized that they should expand to a 3 hour show like the old wcw. they have more talent old and new than the wwe. they so full of talent that poor sharkboy can't get any air time, and that's the fishing line.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: tna much improved.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:47:06 PM »
Its a very good up and coming product. I enjoy it more than wwe's smackdown and the ecw brands.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »
I only catch it here and there, but I'm always impressed with it.  Very solid matches, which WWE is lacking a lot these days, especially on RAW.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 07:44:45 PM »
Two things i really like is that have a great tag division and a lot of talented women. They need to push some new blodd in the main event scene, looks like Styles is the man.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 05:38:10 PM »
You know what would be interesting?

If Ted Turner became interested in TNA, and…

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 05:05:01 AM »
Does it kinda annoy any of you guys with the funky shaped ring?  For some reason, I guess years of expecting a certain look to a ring, it distracts me.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 05:13:52 AM »
Two things i really like is that have a great tag division and a lot of talented women. They need to push some new blodd in the main event scene, looks like Styles is the man.
Their divas are much better than the wwe divas.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
Does it kinda annoy any of you guys with the funky shaped ring?  For some reason, I guess years of expecting a certain look to a ring, it distracts me.

YES!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 04:07:27 PM »

It makes the ring look really small.  It probably isn't, but it looks like any more than 4 people in the ring and you wouldn't have any space at all.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 04:59:53 AM »
IMO that six sided ring needs to go. Get a regular ring and leave it at that.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 05:13:08 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I've yet to meet anybody who thinks it's a good idea.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »
Originally Posted by Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online
Spike TV and TNA sign new deal, get ready for more TV

SPIKE TV AND TNA WRESTLING EXTEND PARTNERSHIP THROUGH 2012

Deal Includes New Weekly Installments Of TNA: iMPACT! And The Addition Of New Original Series Of Specials

Spike TV and Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling have agreed to a new, three-year extension of their partnership, it was announced jointly today by Kevin Kay, President, Spike TV and Dixie Carter, President of TNA Entertainment.

The deal, which begins October 1, 2009, includes three new years of TNA?s weekly ?iMPACT!? show as well as the addition of a new original series of one-hour specials. Each special (title TBD) will feature the biggest personalities and highlight some the greatest and awe-inspiring bouts in the history of TNA, many of them never before seen on basic cable. TNA Entertainment will produce 10 one-hour installments.

TNA: iMPACT! is coming off its highest-rated and most-watched quarter on Spike TV. During 2Q09, more than 1.8 million viewers on average tuned in to TNA: iMPACT! on Spike each week. Overall, TNA: iMPACT!saw an impressive 31% overall growth compared to YAGO, with double digit increases in the key demographics of M18-49 (+33%) and P18-49 (+40).

With the tremendous success and record ratings we have achieved over the past three years, we are very happy to continue to have Spike TV as TNA Wrestlings partner, said Carter. We are excited to continue our relationship with the fantastic team that has supported TNA from the very beginning, and look forward to even greater success with all of our TNA programming on Spike TV.

TNA Wrestling has consistently delivered strong ratings in key male demographics and has continually grown its weekly audience. In the past year alone, iMPACT!" has seen a remarkable increase of 30% in overall growth," said Kay. We are excited to not only continue but also expand our relationship with the worlds fastest growing wrestling organization.?
Cross The Line to TNA Wrestling, the most innovative experience in professional wrestling today. Watch "TNA iMPACT!" every Thursday night (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) only on Spike TV. TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Nashville, Tenn.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 05:34:24 AM »
TNA beat WWE in the ratings a couple of times recently too. Which is why WWE is trying to use celebrity general managers to try and get people to tune in more. My opinion? You want to improve ratings, lose this parental guidence bullshit.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 06:13:28 PM »
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling has decided to let Don West go as an announcer. This week's television tapings will be his last broadcasts for the company. Mike Tenay and Taz will be the announcing team going forward.

Since 2002, West has worked for TNA, providing color commentary alongside Tenay during episodes of Impact and pay-per-views.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 05:25:25 AM »
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling has decided to let Don West go as an announcer. This week's television tapings will be his last broadcasts for the company. Mike Tenay and Taz will be the announcing team going forward.

Since 2002, West has worked for TNA, providing color commentary alongside Tenay during episodes of Impact and pay-per-views.
I think that they let Don West go because he is a Jarrett ally. Right now Jarrett is in major heat with Dixie Carter and the rest of the lockerroom becasue of this Karen Angle B.S. Anyone who is close to Jarrett is being fired.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 06:48:56 AM »
Jarrett's pals keep biting the dust...

credit: lordsofpain.net

TNA has released BG James. Most remember him as "Road Dogg" from DX. James had been working as an agent. BG is accepting independent bookings through David Herro at DavidHerro@aol.com.

TNA has also severed ties with former manager Jim Cornette.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As noted earlier, TNA released BG James today. James had been working as an agent and had been receiving good reports from the talent. James has been with the company for almost the entire existence of TNA.

According to sources, Jim Cornette and Vince Russo had butted heads in recent weeks and many people saw the situation as worsening. Cornette had been working in the production truck at the iMPACT! tapings lately as well as helping out the younger talent. Cornette has been with the company since 2006.

TNA has shown interest in bringing back agents Pat Kenney and D-Lo Brown in recent weeks. We'll see.

There's been no talk internally about Angelina Love returning since she was released. They have been trying to work things out behind the scenes though.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 09:00:17 AM »
Jarrett's pals keep biting the dust...

TNA has released BG James. Most remember him as "Road Dogg" from DX. James had been working as an agent. BG is accepting independent bookings through David Herro at DavidHerro@aol.com.

TNA has also severed ties with former manager Jim Cornette.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As noted earlier, TNA released BG James today. James had been working as an agent and had been receiving good reports from the talent. James has been with the company for almost the entire existence of TNA.

According to sources, Jim Cornette and Vince Russo had butted heads in recent weeks and many people saw the situation as worsening. Cornette had been working in the production truck at the iMPACT! tapings lately as well as helping out the younger talent. Cornette has been with the company since 2006.

TNA has shown interest in bringing back agents Pat Kenney and D-Lo Brown in recent weeks. We'll see.

There's been no talk internally about Angelina Love returning since she was released. They have been trying to work things out behind the scenes though.

You just beat me to it. I saw this story this morning as well. Crazy shit.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
Weird that Cornette, Heyman (who i'm not a fan of), and Bishoff are all basically out of the big leagues. I bet Jim goes back to ROH.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 12:33:49 PM »
Weird that Cornette, Heyman (who i'm not a fan of), and Bishoff are all basically out of the big leagues. I bet Jim goes back to ROH.
Isn't Cornette affiliated with Memphis wrestling? Or is that Jerry Lawler's turf?

Bishoff is doing some promo with Hogan now touring Australia.

Heymen just disappeared. Too bad too because he's a genius when it comes to story lines.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 04:52:22 AM »
You called it Mass. Cornette is in ROH as we speak.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 06:10:05 AM »
Cornette will always find work in the industry.
He's got a good brain/sense for the business.

Regardless of what went down, I still feel WWE made a mistake in letting him go.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 06:15:50 AM »
I watched it tonight while I was working. Thursday October 1st. I have to say I really enjoyed it. I cannot believe how small our Oylmpic Hero has gotten. This Hernandez guy held him in a vertical suplex for like three minutes. Wasn't an amazing feat of strength but it was a cool move. The women wrestling absolutely blows the Federations Divas out of the water. This ODB chick was awesome. Not a fan of the circle ring. And definitely never been a fan of Nash. Bobby Lashleys chest is flipping enormous! I'm a die hard Federation fan and will confess my sins this Sunday in Church looking for forgiveness. But I have to be honest. I'm gonna tune in next Thursday to TNA. Taz sucks as well.
I agree, that six sided octagonal shaped ring has got to go.

Taz looks like a pudgy little bastard. Needs to trim down.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 07:45:13 AM »
I don't know all the guys names but there was some big fellas. Is that a real tat on that samoans dudes face of face paint? Stinger really looking old. The girls are really a suprisingly huge part of the show. The Federation needs to seriously sort out the Diva division. Awesome Kong is one mean looking momma!
Oh yes, and Awesome Kong can wrestle as well as the other ladies. The TNA knockouts are much more schooled in the ring and much hotter then the wwe divas IMO.

Sting neds to hang it up now. He's made his money and then some. He looks like he's in his late forties. I think this is his last year regardless. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »
I don't know all the guys names but there was some big fellas. Is that a real tat on that samoans dudes face of face paint? Stinger really looking old. The girls are really a suprisingly huge part of the show. The Federation needs to seriously sort out the Diva division. Awesome Kong is one mean looking momma!
             fake tatoo on samoa joe, rob terry is the biggest guy musclewise but still can't work in the ring after more than a year hanging around. last night apollo creed wannabe blew chunks all over the ring only the second time i ever saw this on tv. years and years ago prince curtis iakawa blew chunks during an interview when he was attacked, got puke all over the poor bastard that attacked him.
F