Author Topic: For mcway to enjoy.  (Read 4757 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: For mcway to enjoy.
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 09:37:38 AM »
man i might be retarded but i dont see references? could you please highlight them? i see quotes with no reference

As tempted as I am to agree with your self-assessment,  ;D , the quotes are in italics. When the italics stop, you'll find the reference from which that quote came and the author.

why would he write chiristian stuff in mein kampf? someones story makes no sense. So you have his upbringing combined with mein kampf and the soldiers fatigues VS some quotes that probably came from a christian book amirite???????????????????????

Writing "Christian stuff" hardly amount to one being a Christian, especially in light of Hitler's later statements and subsequent actions. Again look at Dawkins. He was once Anglican. Am I now supposed to dimissed his current words and deeds, or all the books and lectures he's done, touting atheism and bashing Christianity, based on some "Christian stuff" he did back in the day, as a teenager?

But, I believe I covered that question about Hitler's "Christian Stuff" some time ago. Recap:

(from Walter C. Langer, "A Psychological Analysis of Adolph Hitler: His Life and Legend)

As time went on, it became clearer that he. was thinking of himself as the Messiah and that it was he who was destined to lead Germany to glory. His references to the Bible became more frequent and the movement began to take on a religious atmosphere. Comparisons between Christ and himself became more numerous and found their way into his conversation and speeches. For example, he would say:

"When I came to Berlin a few weeks ago and looked at the traffic in the Kurfuerstendamm, the luxury, the perversion, the iniquity, the wanton display, and the Jewish materialism disgusted me so thoroughly, that I was almost beside myself. I nearly imagined myself to be Jesus Christ when He came to His Father's temple and found it taken by the money-changers. I can well imagine how He felt when He seized a whip and scourged them out."

During his speech, according to Hanfstangl, he swung his whip around violently as though to drive out the Jews and the forces of darkness, the enemies of Germany and German honor. Dietrich Eckart, who discovered Hitler as a possible leader and had witnessed this performance, said later, "When a man gets to the point of identifying himself with Jesus Christ, then he is ripe for an insane asylum." The identification in all this was not with Jesus Christ, the Crucified, but with Jesus Christ, the furious, lashing the crowds.

As a matter of fact, Hitler has very little admiration for Christ, the Crucified. Although he was brought up a Catholic, and received Communion, during the war, he severed his connection with the Church directly afterwards. This kind of Christ he considers soft and weak and unsuitable as a German Messiah.

The latter must be hard and brutal if he is to save Germany and lead it to its destiny.

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Saviour as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by only a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned me to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love, as a Christian and as a man, I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord rose at last in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was the fight for the world against the Jewish poison."

And to Rauschning he once referred to "the Jewish Christ-creed with its effeminate, pity-ethics".

It is not clear from the evidence whether the new State religion was part of Hitler's plan or whether developments were such that it became feasible. It is true that Rosenberg had long advocated such a move, but there is no evidence that Hitler was inclined to take such a drastic step until after he had come to power. It is possible that he felt he needed the power before he could initiate such a change, or it may be that his series of successes were so startling that the people spontaneously adopted a religious attitude towards him which made the move more or less obvious. In any case, he has accepted this God-like role without any hesitation or embarrassment.

In other words, Hitler morphed the example of Jesus, chastising Jewish leaders, into a depraved justification for destroying the Jewish people altogether, with himself playing the Messanic role.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 11:00:27 AM »
It is dishonest.  Your logic can be applied both ways.  Pseudo-religious, or even secular leaders have used religion to get people to murder others.  This is driven, not by religion, but by their desire to obtain or maintain power, wealth and recognition.  Same goes for atheist leaders, who use secular ideologies to get people to murder others.  It is neither atheism nor theism that drives atheist or theist leaders to get people to murder for them.

But the fact still remains that secular ideologies drove atheists to murder millions of innocent people, something religion doesn't even come close to.

Yes, the numbers of innocent lives taken by atheists driven by secular ideologies far outnumbers the innocent lives taken by "religious" people driven by "religion."

Good post! It amazes me how people don't realize that Christianity is used and abused by insincere people. Christ abolished the Mosaic law, which was a shadow for what was to come. Jesus was that "what". He taught his followers not to take up fighting physically. The Christians were to fight with their "new" sword, the Bible. Christians are suppose to love ALL people. If a Christian is not doing this, then something is wrong with their spirituality or they are not sincere Christians to began with.

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 11:06:55 AM »
As tempted as I am to agree with your self-assessment,  ;D , the quotes are in italics. When the italics stop, you'll find the reference from which that quote came and the author.

Writing "Christian stuff" hardly amount to one being a Christian, especially in light of Hitler's later statements and subsequent actions. Again look at Dawkins. He was once Anglican. Am I now supposed to dimissed his current words and deeds, or all the books and lectures he's done, touting atheism and bashing Christianity, based on some "Christian stuff" he did back in the day, as a teenager?

But, I believe I covered that question about Hitler's "Christian Stuff" some time ago. Recap:

(from Walter C. Langer, "A Psychological Analysis of Adolph Hitler: His Life and Legend)

As time went on, it became clearer that he. was thinking of himself as the Messiah and that it was he who was destined to lead Germany to glory. His references to the Bible became more frequent and the movement began to take on a religious atmosphere. Comparisons between Christ and himself became more numerous and found their way into his conversation and speeches. For example, he would say:

"When I came to Berlin a few weeks ago and looked at the traffic in the Kurfuerstendamm, the luxury, the perversion, the iniquity, the wanton display, and the Jewish materialism disgusted me so thoroughly, that I was almost beside myself. I nearly imagined myself to be Jesus Christ when He came to His Father's temple and found it taken by the money-changers. I can well imagine how He felt when He seized a whip and scourged them out."

During his speech, according to Hanfstangl, he swung his whip around violently as though to drive out the Jews and the forces of darkness, the enemies of Germany and German honor. Dietrich Eckart, who discovered Hitler as a possible leader and had witnessed this performance, said later, "When a man gets to the point of identifying himself with Jesus Christ, then he is ripe for an insane asylum." The identification in all this was not with Jesus Christ, the Crucified, but with Jesus Christ, the furious, lashing the crowds.

As a matter of fact, Hitler has very little admiration for Christ, the Crucified. Although he was brought up a Catholic, and received Communion, during the war, he severed his connection with the Church directly afterwards. This kind of Christ he considers soft and weak and unsuitable as a German Messiah.

The latter must be hard and brutal if he is to save Germany and lead it to its destiny.

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Saviour as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by only a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned me to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love, as a Christian and as a man, I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord rose at last in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was the fight for the world against the Jewish poison."

And to Rauschning he once referred to "the Jewish Christ-creed with its effeminate, pity-ethics".

It is not clear from the evidence whether the new State religion was part of Hitler's plan or whether developments were such that it became feasible. It is true that Rosenberg had long advocated such a move, but there is no evidence that Hitler was inclined to take such a drastic step until after he had come to power. It is possible that he felt he needed the power before he could initiate such a change, or it may be that his series of successes were so startling that the people spontaneously adopted a religious attitude towards him which made the move more or less obvious. In any case, he has accepted this God-like role without any hesitation or embarrassment.

In other words, Hitler morphed the example of Jesus, chastising Jewish leaders, into a depraved justification for destroying the Jewish people altogether, with himself playing the Messanic role.

Well put! Another great post!