Author Topic: The denial of steroid use/abuse  (Read 5916 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: The denial of steroid use/abuse
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »
Lets take out the obvious....legalities.

That aside, pro's don't openly discuss this topic because it's a non issue. They are all on equal ground (level playing field), and find it insulting that people lacking knowledge in the field, would so callously give so much credit to drugs with total disregard to the amount of work that goes into competing at the pro level. Steroids don't give you better gentics, a smaller waist, better proportions (actually ruins more than they help)...nor do they do your cardio for you, diet for you, or train twice a day for you...

It's only an issue with those who seem to think it's what seperates them from achieving anything themselves...

No doubt.  But give me the truth here.  Coleman had fine damn genetics, so does heath and such, they can work out twice a day until they turn blue, do cardio all day, eat perfectly and not do drugs and they would end up last in any Mr. Olympia line-up.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 01:34:17 PM »

Please. It's not thieving if everybody else is stealing.... ::) See how silly that sounds?

His comment was so daft, I wasn’t even going to bother going there...

We can talk in circles all day, but the before/with and after/without pictures tell the whole story. We have all seen the pictures of guys like Mike Morris, Marko Savolainen, and others.  Eating, training, etc. with the juice they are huge, ripped, and shredded.  Eating, training, etc. without it they look like your average gymrat. :(

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 01:45:24 PM »

Maybe because  steroids are way too $$$$$ and you have to be in denial to spend and spend to win a plastic sword or fruit loops crystal bowl ? Maybe because the whole "industry" is a joke? or cause you have to risk your health to get a "pro" card? or simply Because the before and after drug use "Look"  is a bit shocking? or you might use the wrong' or fake' drug to try to look like your Pro bber idol but yet no one would tell you what to really use? or Maybe because this is  a Bodybuilding forum? I dont know, the questions can go on and on

BTW, I dont think all bodybuilders are on drugs...(just the pro's)

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, once again, I think we all know and the majority of people accept that it is just a part of the game. At least for now.  Why do you seem appauled or upset about?  You're not the one doing it. It doesn't adversly affect you and it doesn't put money or take money out of your pocket.  They do what they do and we buy the magazines, supplements, apparel and whatever else we can to try our best to get to that level.  Bottom line, spend more time worrying about developing your body (by whatever means is acceptable to you) and less time worrying about what Kamali (for example) is taking and we would all be a lot better off. Doesn't seem like a puzzle to me.

Pat

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »
No doubt.  But give me the truth here.  Coleman had fine damn genetics, so does heath and such, they can work out twice a day until they turn blue, do cardio all day, eat perfectly and not do drugs and they would end up last in any Mr. Olympia line-up.

Re read what he typed. It's a level playing field. That means they all do it and to give or take, the same extent. That's pretty obvious to anyone who even glances at them. If they all didn't all do it, those guys in your example would certainly not finish dead last as you suggested.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 03:29:57 PM »
In general people are stupid anyway  :D but in this case too, people do not understand steroids and just believe everything the media feeds them.

As for cheating, cheating what? It's not like doing an exam and copying the person next to you. You could have studied and known the answers. You cannot actually get to a certain level without gear.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 03:46:40 PM »
Why is it that most Pro Bodybuilders like to deny or avoid steroid talk.  It's just not today but even over a decade ago before Bush started his rampage against the juice.  Do they think the average bodybuilder is that naive?  I can see today that some have to lie due to their sponsors but as mentioned well over 10 years ago it was the same way and bodybuilder sponsorship wasn't even close to what it is today.

Is it a legal thing?  Are they just lying to themselves or are they ashamed?

where's croatch when you need him

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 04:07:57 PM »
where's croatch when you need him
Lets beat the natural dead horse for the 404,000,676 time

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 04:39:30 PM »
Would anyone look twice at Branch if he were not on steroids?  Remember, he is 5'6".
All natural ;D

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 04:41:02 PM »
Yeah, once again, I think we all know and the majority of people accept that it is just a part of the game. At least for now.  Why do you seem appauled or upset about?  You're not the one doing it. It doesn't adversly affect you and it doesn't put money or take money out of your pocket.  They do what they do and we buy the magazines, supplements, apparel and whatever else we can to try our best to get to that level.  Bottom line, spend more time worrying about developing your body (by whatever means is acceptable to you) and less time worrying about what Kamali (for example) is taking and we would all be a lot better off. Doesn't seem like a puzzle to me.

Pat

Good post , but im not that worried as you  might think in fact i enjoy talking about it were just wondering here why the epic denial of drug use even in the BB community, or at least the lack of credit to such an important tool needed in order to become PRO.

WOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 04:45:54 PM »
 ::)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 04:49:25 PM »

That aside, pro's don't openly discuss this topic because it's a non issue. They are all on equal ground (level playing field),

Yeah right, then theyre all in the same ground when it comes to trainning (equal equipments,dumbells,cables,machines etc) yet they ALL talk about it even show themselves trainning on a 2 plus hours dvd.(so you can learn "work ethics from the pros" for wich Im grateful....

In your face

WOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »
they dont talk about it cause its fkn ILLEGAL

just like at work you dont talk about the fat dub of chronic and the heavy session of gay anal sex with a farm animal you had the night before......'its so obvious, they should just admit it'

what a deuche for starting this thread....guys is gettin big AND gettin paid so you have to chime in and hate and say 'why dont they just say they're on drugs'

why doesnt the gov't say how we gather information or design steath aircraft

Stavios

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 05:25:31 PM »

he is still bigger than me as a natural  :-\ :'(

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 05:30:54 PM »
he is still bigger than me as a natural  :-\ :'(

For the record Oct. 2005 is not Mike "natural."  That is Mike coming down from a cycle.  I don't consider 7 months coming down natural.  If he's been clean since then, today I would consider him natural. ;)

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 06:35:38 PM »
For the record Oct. 2005 is not Mike "natural."  That is Mike coming down from a cycle.  I don't consider 7 months coming down natural.  If he's been clean since then, today I would consider him natural. ;)

I don't think you would lose that much in 7 months unless there is something else going on.

Then again maybe that is what is meant by 'all drugs'. I never thought i blew up a lot on gear but i had a good natural base and kept what i gained.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 06:40:04 PM »

just like at work you dont talk about the fat dub of chronic and the heavy session of gay anal sex with a farm animal you had the night before......'its so obvious, they should just admit it'

what a deuche for starting this thread....guys is gettin big AND gettin paid so you have to chime in and hate and say 'why dont they just say they're on drugs'

Silly comparison. Government hides, or keeps such things a secret as it is a matter of national security. Using illegal drugs, for satisfying ones insecurities and flexing for a crowd of schmoes, does not compare.
HAHA, RON.....

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 07:28:09 PM »
If countries weren't so hard on the laws about using AAS you would see a lot more bodybuilders being honest about their usage. Just like you wouldn't see the black market thrive  as it does.  If people want to destroy their bodies with massive abuse of AAS than let them.  I mean you don't have cops camped outside a liquor store stopping people from buying 8 fifths of whiskey that they intend to drink themselves. Small changes in many laws would make worlds of difference.
You Can't Do It!!!

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 08:12:56 PM »
i agree, cause here, everyone talks freely about using and shit, since its legal :)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 04:32:57 AM »
i agree, cause here, everyone talks freely about using and shit, since its legal :)
Yes but here everyone is hiding behind their computer and using phoney names and gimmicks.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 04:46:27 AM »

Against guy that ARE taking steroids?  NOw you have an advantage, not a level playing field. Assuming everyone on the Olympia stage was 10% drug free....the guys with the best genetics STILL would be on top.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 05:25:02 AM »
Against guy that ARE taking steroids?  NOw you have an advantage, not a level playing field. Assuming everyone on the Olympia stage was 10% drug free....the guys with the best genetics STILL would be on top.

But you do remember that the best bb of all time  Ronnie, at 33 (with over 10 years of drug use) had the smallest calves on stage he really had to abuse drugs,GH,Insulin,etc to bring them up and be the best in the world, having the best genetics or not the judges dont really care they just look for the best package on stage that particular day.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 05:36:30 AM »
That just looks like he fuked up his thyroid supps..still on gear..

dustin

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 06:20:59 AM »

Best post in this thread hands down. Chick is also very honest about this touchy subject as well. Kudos.

To add to this, the bodybuilding lifestyle (all drugs) does not come cheap. The supplemental income isn't coming from a 9-5 job as I'm sure you could all guess. No bodybuilder sponsored by labs and sources, distributing drugs for sponsorship and/subsidies is going to admit having any association to the world of steroids and performance enhancing drugs. It's safer to deny everything and just confide to using a shot of deca or winny in your youth and act ignorant.

Guys like Palumbo are more liberal with their discussions mainly because they're not actively competing, don't have a large family, have HRT/TRT scripts from bogus anti-aging clinics and extremely liberal endocrinologists, etc.

Everyone knows that pros take a lot of drugs but don't act like an elitist f@ggot because you know their "horrible secret" and scorn them for having no morals or ethics. If you fucking idiots were in their position you'd be thanking your protein and Otomix footwear sponsors as well. STFU. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 06:31:23 AM »

That aside, pro's don't openly discuss this topic because it's a non issue. They are all on equal ground (level playing field), and find it insulting that people lacking knowledge in the field, would so callously give so much credit to drugs with total disregard to the amount of work that goes into competing at the pro level. Steroids don't give you better gentics, a smaller waist, better proportions (actually ruins more than they help)...nor do they do your cardio for you, diet for you, or train twice a day for you...

It's only an issue with those who seem to think it's what seperates them from achieving anything themselves...

hahah what a load of shit. Being on roids doesnt automatically mean that you are a "harder worker" to that wich you are insinuating it is Bob Chickerillo. And the other statement is foolish aswell, if i took roids or a cutting drug id be ripped and have a smaller waste and wouldnt always carry this last bit of fat , steroids round off/cap off dietary errors. Also being on roids would make it easier to train twice a day wouldnt it? basically you are cheating the effort , but a well build dude even on roids is still respectable, it the end its about how you look and your health. And in the end you are taking the easy route and will have to pay sooner or later because your prostate or colon will be overgrown because of the roids at a faster rate than a non roider, bless your heart
A

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 07:21:07 AM »
Gas is a part of the game. If people don't like or think its "fair", then they should leave the game and take up checkers or bird watching.