Author Topic: Would you date him... the dropout?  (Read 5558 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Would you date him... the dropout?
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »
I grew up in Toronto in the 1970s?

We would wear purple satin pants and 8" heels and a feather boa and go to Maple Leaf Gardens when Rod Stewart was playing.  Then we'd get in around the back (the roadies sorted out the female fans for the band), we'd do lotsa drugs, dance on stage, get in the limo and go back to the hotel, then say thanks so much and go home.

Of course I did acid in the 70s.  I was 15 or 16.  I far preferred mushrooms or MDMA when I was 20 in the 80s at the disco though...

That I remember.

Met a bloke I'd known in TO in Vancouver a few years ago.  I'd lived with him for four years.  He told me we went to see the BeeGees 3x.  I didn't remember...

xxxL

Linda, ...you must have partied with the Rolling Stones at one point. I remember one night my girlfriends and I got a call at 3 in the morning from Kenny (I'm sure you know Kenny) pleading with us to come and get him. He was partying with the Rolling Stones and ...let's just say... something happened.  :-X  That was just too much drama for us. Living at Bay / Bloor at the time, none of us had cars. We would have had to take a cab to go get him. We just said Sorry Kenny, ...call Beck taxi.
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2009, 05:40:45 AM »
I've never been to Paris.  I've saved so many things.  Never seen Casablanca, Clockwork Orange or 2001 Space Odyssey.  And no, I didn't party with the Stones in TO.  Missed that one.  Partied with T-Rex though, have i told you that story yet?

Judi, thank's so much for the belly laugh.  Methinks the reason i leave my last parenthesis off is in order that the reader may carry on?  I've never finished, always have so much more to say, so I trail off...

Re: Bay's mate and Uni.  I was judgemental and I apologise.  It might be far more important for a man to have a "proper" education and letters after his name.  I don't know, I haven't a male ego.  Obviously it's far easier for a woman to just go out and learn to type.  It's no comparison.

Often, it is family and friends who decree that one ought have a higher education.  Go to school they say.  It's what they want for you.

But you must only do what you think is best for you.  If you want to learn something, learn it.  Nowadays you can just google news, recipes, authors, how to crochet, how to propagate clematis armandii and who is the Alatoya, so who needs to sit in a class?  I took economics once, that was hilarious, like another language.  Decided I'd learn economics when I needed to.

Your mate needs a skill, something like:  can he fix his car, oh great, please then fix this car too?  can he bet on the horses, do math?  can he put shelves up or build something?  is he funny and self aware, can he write?  or maybe he could invent something.  Perhaps he is a puter whiz? 

>>>You must remind him of his best qualities, not the fact that he's a drop-out. 

Have no regrets.  I'm not a drop-out, I quit.

xxx

On a scale of 1 - 10 of the things I utterly dislike in a man, inherited wealth is about 9. 

Too much education scores about 8.

Both make you stupid.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2009, 05:55:48 AM »
There are some great quotes on the BBC website regarding this topic.  They ran a poll.

As I said above, they're all coming out of high school nowadays with 10 A's (grading has gone up every year for the last 40 years) and now that they've preached that everyone must go to Uni, there are not enough places at Uni.

Neither are there any jobs.

On the BBC website:  "what I learned at Uni":  here are a few:

men:
I learned what a bank overdraft is, I'll be paying this off till I'm 35.
I learned an infalliable recipe for spag bol with only 3 ingredients.
I learned that toilets do not self-clean.

women:
I learned how to put a condom on with my mouth.

One of the best is:  I learned to believe in the future

You can google it, it's on the BBC news website.