Author Topic: IS THE BIBLE'S AUTHOR REALLY GOD?  (Read 29782 times)

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
Re: IS THE BIBLE'S AUTHOR REALLY GOD?
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2010, 06:53:41 AM »
Discrepancies.  1 and 2.

Genesis 1:25-27
(Humans were created after the other animals.)

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

Genesis 2:18-19
(Humans were created before the other animals.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Genesis 1:27
(The first man and woman were created simultaneously.)

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:18-22
(The man was created first, then the animals, then the woman from the man's rib.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them.... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

*sigh*. I thought you had a good one. This argument is so old, it out dates the Bible itself. This is EXTREMELY to simple for me to mess with. Maybe one of the others will entertain it.

Government_Controlled/Dea_Agent

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2010, 07:07:43 AM »

*sigh*. I thought you had a good one. This argument is so old, it out dates the Bible itself. This is EXTREMELY to simple for me to mess with. Maybe one of the others will entertain it.

Translation... I don't know what to say.please someone help me.
Gracie Rules

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2010, 08:07:16 AM »
Discrepancies.  1 and 2.

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Once again, refer to my chicken-beef-fish analogy. Nowhere in Gen. 1 does it state in WHICH ORDER man and animals were made.

You can easily state those verses as :

(26)And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (25) So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (26) And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 

The message is the same. There is NO chronological constraints as to which was made first.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

(The man was created first, then the animals, then the woman from the man's rib.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them.... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

WHAT!!! The verse says (1:27), "male and female, created He them". Where does it indicate that Adam and Eve were made at the same time. Using  Gen. 2:18-22, Adam could have been made at, say, 7:00 A.M., the animals and noon, and Eve at 4 P.M.

How does that clash with 1:27? All 1:27 states that God created male and female. There are NO time conflicts.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2010, 11:22:36 AM »
Once again, refer to my chicken-beef-fish analogy. Nowhere in Gen. 1 does it state in WHICH ORDER man and animals were made.

(26)And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (25) So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (26) And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 

The message is the same. There is NO chronological constraints as to which was made first.

WHAT!!! The verse says (1:27), "male and female, created He them". Where does it indicate that Adam and Eve were made at the same time. Using  Gen. 2:18-22, Adam could have been made at, say, 7:00 A.M., the animals and noon, and Eve at 4 P.M.

How does that clash with 1:27? All 1:27 states that God created male and female. There are NO time conflicts.

so basically one can interpret these versus in anyway they see fit, as evidenced by both you and the luke. What criteria are you using?

i wonder if you can do this will all the verses.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2010, 11:23:37 AM »

I would agree with you that it doesnt state that both were created at the same time, it just states he did create them.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2010, 11:38:19 AM »

So you're saying that there's no difference in those paragraphs?

Gracie Rules

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2010, 11:22:04 AM »

So you're saying that there's no difference in those paragraphs?

Where do the words, "before" or "after" appear in those verses, again?

Again, WHAT WORDS state that they were created in that specific order in Gen. 2?

Or that Adam and Eve were created simultaneously in Gen. 1? Here's the verse, And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

WHERE is the indicator that Adam and Eve were made AT THE SAME time?

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2010, 10:33:54 PM »
Hint: 

There is a difference between "create" and "make". Sometimes, when reading Genesis 1-2, confusion may arise for this reason. In Hebrew, which is what those scriptures were originally written in, "create" and "make" have DISTINCT different meanings.  ;)