Author Topic: What are the rarest bodybuilding pics to find?  (Read 13773 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: What are the rarest bodybuilding pics to find?
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »
^

hahaa check out Kamali standing in the background! ;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
check it out, even ronnie's ab and thigh is better

like I said, talk is cheap.

visual evidence to support it is what makes the difference.

are you learning this flowerboy and Mr. 1duhful?

thank god there are smart people on the board to teach you.. :P

I forgot, testimony from those that were there live is to be disregarded in favor of photos, which are "real life", as you like to put it.  That's some logic. LOL

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2009, 09:59:21 PM »
nonsense. whether or not it worked or not makes no difference.

the IFBB still tried to do this to generate buzz. to get people talking.

like it or not bodybuilding is a business. and that business involves marketing, selling tickets etc.

just because it is a "cult" in a sense does not mean that they didn't try and do what they did.

Nope. You're wrong. You're just guessing and trying to come up with a way to rationalize Ronnie losing to Gunther, so it looks like it was through no fault of his own. However, the truth is that Ronnie messed up his prep for both the Olympia and SOS that year. Gunther saw the opportunity and went for it. He didn't have Ronnie's shape, but he had much better conditioning and beat Ronnie in a lot of the mandatory poses, while having more size to his advantage.

The whole, "IFBB decides the winner based on the commercial angle" conspiracy theory is ridiculous, cause there's not much of a market for bodybuilding nor is it mainstream, where such a stunt would help increase the anticipation and audience numbers for a show big time. If 30,000 people in the world follow the Mr Olympia with an appreciable amount of interest, those same are going to watch the show the following year, regardless of whether the champ loses or wins - the number isn't going to halve or double because of one contest's results.

Besides, if what you were saying is true, a lot of other Mr Olympias would have endured the same thing, which they didn't.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2009, 10:00:21 PM »
2002 was a lucky year for Ronnie - he almost lost the Olympia, where he looked like garbage compared to his peak form and he lost the SOS fair and square. He was lucky he placed above Chris Cormier. Sorry Hulkster, but such is the way things are.

You speak the truth.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2009, 10:02:23 PM »
I forgot, testimony from those that were there live is to be disregarded in favor of photos, which are "real life", as you like to put it.  That's some logic. LOL

your still not getting buddy.

even people who where there can be mistaken quite clearly (eg. see McGough's comments re ronnie)

but, the pics show the mistake immediately.

the pics verify (in this case) what the reviewer who was there from bb.com is saying: ronnie was screwed.

and we can see that quite clearly with all these pics.

its about supporting the opinion with corrborating evidence. make  the connection. prove that what you say is correct, not simply bullshit.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2009, 10:04:59 PM »
Besides, if what you were saying is true, a lot of other Mr Olympias would have endured the same thing, which they didn't.

a few have, eg. 1980. Arnold won because of politics and what he could do for the sport and had done thus far.

secondly, during the 90's bb was in a boom. during 2002 there was a recession, people where not spending money on crap like bb tickets etc. sales were low etc.

the climate of the times were totally different.

hence, the widely held opinion that the IFBB screwed ronnie over.

one that is verified by the pics (as I have shown), as ronnie himself has said.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2009, 10:07:33 PM »
2002 was a lucky year for Ronnie - he almost lost the Olympia, where he looked like garbage compared to his peak form and he lost the SOS fair and square. He was lucky he placed above Chris Cormier. Sorry Hulkster, but such is the way things are.

real life disagrees with you 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2009, 10:10:55 PM »

but, the pics show the mistake immediately.

They do, Hulkster, but the problem is, they also don't show the whole picture - just an instant of a contest where a guy who placed over another guy could look far less impressive than the lower placed guy because of the time and angle from which that pic was taken.

You always make the mistake of saying Ronnie 99 was in better condition than he was at 98, which is just not true. Ronnie was fuller and in better shape in 99, with his conditioning at nearly 90% of his 98 shape. But in 98, he was bone dry - his skin had very little water underneath and looked like it was made of paper. Contrast that with 99, where he's holding a thin film of water under the skin, although that also enhanced his look another way, making him look fuller, rounder and bigger.

Same way, you are judging the SOS with a bunch of pics showing Ronnie to have better shape than Gunther. But if you saw the video, you'll realize that overall, Gunther beat Ronnie in a lot of the poses, was in much better condition and simply out-muscled him.

Why do you think Ronnie took his training up a notch for 2003? Why didn't he refuse to participate in the 03 Mr Olympia if the SOS had been fixed? He knew he'd been getting sloppy since his 2001 AC win and he busted his butt, which is why he showed up in 2003 about 40 lb heavier and won convincingly again.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2009, 10:10:57 PM »
In these pics you're posting, the white guy is destroying those two negroids. :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2009, 10:14:45 PM »
yeh, i agree................... ..gunter, that show................had one of the most impressive "1 day" appearances in the history of bodybuilding...........e verything came together for him on that one occasion, and in that show, he was a true beast.

on a related note, anyone know how gunter is making his money now, i know he left bodybuilding to persue a career in film, ROFLOL ;D ;D, idiot...........but what is he doing now??

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2009, 10:16:43 PM »

If it did, Gunther wouldn't have handed Ronnie his ass in that contest ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2009, 01:26:29 AM »
a few have, eg. 1980. Arnold won because of politics and what he could do for the sport and had done thus far.

secondly, during the 90's bb was in a boom. during 2002 there was a recession, people where not spending money on crap like bb tickets etc. sales were low etc.

the climate of the times were totally different.

hence, the widely held opinion that the IFBB screwed ronnie over.

one that is verified by the pics (as I have shown), as ronnie himself has said.

Same old cries from you pics & video  ::) when you look at pics & video you come to the most insanely stupid conclusions like Dorian lost the 1993 Mr Olympia to Flex Wheeler and Ronnie Coleman has more detailed calves than Dorian , oh and Dorian was ' vastly overrated post-tear ' and how about this gem ' Dorian's conditioning was a myth ' oh and lets not forget ' Ronnie Coleman at the 99 Olympia easily surpassed Dorian at being grainy ' and let's not forget ' the 1998 Mr Olympia wasn't a close contest ' oh and ' Ronnie dominated the 2001 Mr Olympia ' you're an idiot and most of what you typed after looking at pics & video is flat-out wrong and contradicts reality

and you just claimed it's a ' widely held opinion that the IFBB screwed over Ronnie ' and post only one single source , where is the rest of the widely held opinions? they should be easy to find if that's the case

Ronnie pushed his luck to many times and paid the price for it , 364 days out of the year Gunther wasn't better than him that day he was bigger & better conditioned and flat-out beat him hands down. Ronnie started to push his luck at the 2000 Olympia and continued at the 2001 Olympia and 2002 and he paid the price only delusional fan-boys argue otherwise

pics show me exactly why Ronnie lost , you see what you want then again you can't see much with your head shoved so far up Ronnie's ass .

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2009, 01:30:28 AM »
Does anybody else cringe whenever they see Dorian flex his torn biceps?

I reminds me of seeing people break their legs playing sports.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2009, 01:31:59 AM »
They do, Hulkster, but the problem is, they also don't show the whole picture - just an instant of a contest where a guy who placed over another guy could look far less impressive than the lower placed guy because of the time and angle from which that pic was taken.

You always make the mistake of saying Ronnie 99 was in better condition than he was at 98, which is just not true. Ronnie was fuller and in better shape in 99, with his conditioning at nearly 90% of his 98 shape. But in 98, he was bone dry - his skin had very little water underneath and looked like it was made of paper. Contrast that with 99, where he's holding a thin film of water under the skin, although that also enhanced his look another way, making him look fuller, rounder and bigger.

Same way, you are judging the SOS with a bunch of pics showing Ronnie to have better shape than Gunther. But if you saw the video, you'll realize that overall, Gunther beat Ronnie in a lot of the poses, was in much better condition and simply out-muscled him.

Why do you think Ronnie took his training up a notch for 2003? Why didn't he refuse to participate in the 03 Mr Olympia if the SOS had been fixed? He knew he'd been getting sloppy since his 2001 AC win and he busted his butt, which is why he showed up in 2003 about 40 lb heavier and won convincingly again.

Great post ! easily correcting this idiots nonsense with logic and reasoning !

it's ironic Ronnie just happened to show up looking like shit too ! and spot-on about his conditioning 98-V-99 this kid has backed himself into a corner on this subject and can't admit defeat yet again to me so he has to stay the course all the while looking like an even bigger moron for doing so

almost everything he's every typed has been wrong , he's ignorant and nothing wrong with not knowing but he's been taught now he's just being contrary he has a bad mix of pride and stupidity .

hugestatus

• Getbig II
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2009, 02:29:00 AM »
IS THERE ANY OF THE FIBO WITH VICTOR RICHARDS AGAINST DORIAN AND PAUL DILLET!!!???

RxBandit

• Getbig III
  • Team Germany approved.
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2009, 02:41:36 AM »
Not the rarest, but still gold...

...no question.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2009, 07:21:27 AM »
IS THERE ANY OF THE FIBO WITH VICTOR RICHARDS AGAINST DORIAN AND PAUL DILLET!!!???
Here you go

challenge

• Getbig III
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2009, 08:01:54 AM »
Guys can't we just agree to disagree? Only thing Dorian had on Coleman was calves and that's because his where real!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2009, 08:05:06 AM »
Arnold with a mustache

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2009, 12:10:07 PM »
Gunter beat Ronnie fair and square...anyone who was there could see that Ronnie was way off his usual form, and in the 240 range (low for him)...

Boom Hulkster's bullshit squashed by another professional lol someone who was IN the contest

I love when he gets crushed utterly  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2009, 12:11:41 PM »
So, all of a sudden "expert" testimony is valid?  How convenient.

It's easy to expose him for the hypocrite he is  ;D

Peter McGough is wrong , yet Dino Pierce is right lmfao

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2009, 12:23:06 PM »
Chick has his opinion.

the reviewer who was there from bb.com has his.

they are different.

but real life is the tie breaker, as always: 8)

ronnie (even in crappy shape) is still> gunter.

but gunter won so the IFBB could sell tickets and hype up their flagship contest that year. and it worked like a charm.

talk about gunter getting DESTROYED:

Hahahahahahaha yet another eyewitness expert Hulkster is crushed by lol I love when you get owned by people who were actually there it just validates my whole point that you're an ignorant biased troll who is to stupid to admit when he's wrong .

two eyewitnesses just crushed your opinion in one fell swoop , man you're fucking looking more stupid than usual right now and I didn't think that was even possible  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »
nonsense. whether or not it worked or not makes no difference.

the IFBB still tried to do this to generate buzz. to get people talking.

like it or not bodybuilding is a business. and that business involves marketing, selling tickets etc.

just because it is a "cult" in a sense does not mean that they didn't try and do what they did.

Here is the best part you're quoting bodybuilding.com as a source saying Ronnie was screwed over and the article is written by Dino Pierce LMFAO this is your source , first of all the guy isn't even a professional bodybuilder or a professional writer and you're claiming the whole of bodybuilding.com says Ronnie was railroaded more of you talking liberties with the truth

and the best part is he says Ronnie should have beat Gunther at the SOS and Gunther beat him at the Olympia lmfao I'm sure you'll agree with that too , which goes to show what his opinion is worth because everyone knows Kevin Levrone killed Ronnie at the Olympia  ;D

This is just what the sport needed but it was perhaps done at the wrong show. Gunter had Ronnie at the Olympia but Ronnie had him at the Show of Strength.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pierce25.htm

so much for ' bodybuilding.com ' claiming Ronnie won  ;)

Hulkster you must always keep track of your bullshit because I'll always be there to correct you when you lie

Hulkster owned yet again  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2009, 12:56:45 PM »
LOL this is so fucking golden.

gunter is getting crushed in pic after pic.

I will accept all apologies now (thats you nuthuggers lol) and from now on, learn from what I said next time.

8)

Yeah and pics showed you Dorian's conditioning was ' a myth ' and Ronnie was more ' grainy' than Dorian , and Ronnie's calves are more detailed than Dorian's and Dorian was nothing special from the front , and Dorian lost the 1993 Mr Olympia contest to Flex Wheeler

YOU NEVER respond when I expose your ignorance after looking at the pics , you see what you want and 99% of the time in flat-out contradicts what the experts & eyewitnesses and even what the pictures say

Hulkster you're a joke and the best part if you keep exposing yourself as the idiot you really are . Everyone see's how dense you are and you think by sticking to the insanely stupid stories you're some how showing us , you're showing us how off you always are !

typical Hulkster post a picture which contradicts what really happened and then type ' see ' everyone who was actually live and in person is dead wrong and me who doesn't know much about the sport is write sitting in my home in Canada

you should have just accepted the Truce now I'm beating you down on a daily basis  ;D