Author Topic: New LeafyBug Stage Pics  (Read 6897 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: New LeafyBug Stage Pics
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 06:43:51 AM »
Leafy looking great!
R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2009, 06:51:39 AM »
kid looks good,size as was mentioned will come,eat,train hard.also thats not brad pitt to leafy's left on some of those pics.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 06:53:07 AM »
5'11 and weighed in at 171 but i was 165 there

those are Noname-esque numbers my friend

welcome to the club

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 07:07:18 AM »
Which one of those guys beat you? I don't see one who should have there. Very impressive structure - your improvement year to year is amazing!

Two small things:
1. You need to improve your forearms
2. You need to harden your abs (while your waist is good, your abs look soft)
The older guy with the shaved head in the red beat me in open and the younger guy with the buzz cut in the red beat me in novice  :(

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 09:38:36 AM »
Nice structure as usual. 8)

Just get thick and the job is done.

Stavios

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2009, 11:31:08 AM »
looking great leafy but i think you compete too much, like I did.

take 2 years off, you will gain much more muscle this way !

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »
looking great leafy but i think you compete too much, like I did.

take 2 years off, you will gain much more muscle this way !
Everyone says to do that but i feel that the offseason rebound is where i grow most along with the dieting down process. I truly and firmly believe kai green is at 300+ pounds today because he competed soo much. I am consistently putting on 10-15 a year. I feel like i just need to keep showing my face once a year. Here are some more pics...

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2009, 12:57:47 PM »
Right now im sitting at 190lbs with the same conditioning.... hoping to get to about 210 this offseason at the same bf i was at in the pictures i posted here back in january of me at 185 10% bf

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2009, 01:00:35 PM »
Very much a wolf like structure with better calves.

Train your back hard. Ur lats really are not that high for a taller guy

The arms will come up with time

nice one

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »
Good v taper.  8)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »
Did Ron ever give him his account back?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2009, 03:38:14 PM »

STOP DIETING ALL THE DAMN TIME
truew that leafy has greta frame and potential but all his dieting and competing if fucking up his chances at putting on size..   

leafy take two years off and dont worry about getting soft or fat. last off season you said you were frustrated because you were trying to increase your food but you would put on fat when you did so. well youve gotta put on fat to put on muscle dude.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »
Did Ron ever give him his account back?
no, leafy is now sticky ;D
A

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2009, 05:40:03 PM »
Congratulations Larry Falcon!

Spirit of Truth

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2009, 05:47:17 PM »
Everyone says to do that but i feel that the offseason rebound is where i grow most along with the dieting down process. I truly and firmly believe kai green is at 300+ pounds today because he competed soo much. I am consistently putting on 10-15 a year. I feel like i just need to keep showing my face once a year. Here are some more pics...

that kid in the first two pics beat you?

dubious

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2009, 08:50:32 PM »
Great genetics! 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2009, 08:56:42 PM »

I think your doing it the right way bro. Why put on 50lbs when u have to diet 35-40 of it off, when u could put on a solid 25lbs and only have to diet off 10 of it......its much easier.

I think alot of people mistake fat for "size" and end up shooting themselves in the foot if they ever want to compete.

Keep doing what  your doing bro, its obviously working, u barely look like the same person as a few years ago.

Its a marathon not a sprint, and ur doing it the right way.

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2009, 10:12:15 PM »
I think your doing it the right way bro. Why put on 50lbs when u have to diet 35-40 of it off, when u could put on a solid 25lbs and only have to diet off 10 of it......its much easier.

I think alot of people mistake fat for "size" and end up shooting themselves in the foot if they ever want to compete.

Keep doing what  your doing bro, its obviously working, u barely look like the same person as a few years ago.

Its a marathon not a sprint, and ur doing it the right way.

Thanks bro. That is the same advice i get from my inner circle and i do what i know deep down is right to do. The 50 pounds mass gain is never wise to do and results in stretched skin and insulin resistance. You gotta strip the fat atleast once a year for basic health and muscle gains.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2009, 10:18:16 PM »
Thanks bro. That is the same advice i get from my inner circle and i do what i know deep down is right to do. The 50 pounds mass gain is never wise to do and results in stretched skin and insulin resistance. You gotta strip the fat atleast once a year for basic health and muscle gains.
first of all, congrats you looked great.

And on the cutting/bulking cycle at least once a year... I believe layne does short cutting cycles quite frequently throughout the year so u must be doing osmethin right
follow the arrows

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »

yep, i think what happens is, u end up putting on all this fat and look big in clothes, and then after a year of "bulking" u realize u look like shit and become a permabulker like most guys at the gym are or if u do a show, u end up suffering like no other tryin to get into shape.

i was guilty myself, i had a goal of 200lbs and when i reached it, i didnt like the way i looked, so i started cleaning up my diet and now im in the low 190's but im close to 10% bf where i like to be.......ill just slowly grow from this point.....i might look like a swimmer in clothes, but when the lights go off  :o

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2009, 07:39:19 AM »
Some new pics from Mark Mason who shoots alot of NPC shows and works for BBing.com. These show my conditioning a bit better. I need to move my arm out more towards my hips on that one armed bicep shot....

BanksMcgee

• Getbig II
  • The Mighty Ducks Didn't let Emilio Estevez down!
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »
I'm digging the hair. Terrible lighting on the first few pics. How did buzzcut beat you? Is there something i don't see?
-BM

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2009, 11:51:22 AM »
I'm digging the hair. Terrible lighting on the first few pics. How did buzzcut beat you? Is there something i don't see?
No idea... The judges i talked to had be in 1rst but they said when i turn to my side my hamstrings aren't developed enough. The shorter guy fits the mold of a middle weight anyway and i don't. I am just out of place. I need to be at the upper in of light heavy to actually be a contender for any overall title i feel and that needs to be 198 in the same condition i am here. That may take another 2 years.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »
No idea... The judges i talked to had be in 1rst but they said when i turn to my side my hamstrings aren't developed enough. The shorter guy fits the mold of a middle weight anyway and i don't. I am just out of place. I need to be at the upper in of light heavy to actually be a contender for any overall title i feel and that needs to be 198 in the same condition i am here. That may take another 2 years.

Should'nt take 2 years. Just up the dosage ;)

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »

I agree with this. Also some of that muscle isn't just from the rebound, it would be muscle you gained when dieting (just harder to tell because you are losing bodyweight). Once a year is a pretty good plan.