Author Topic: Bruce Lee's Lats  (Read 64213 times)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: Bruce Lee's Lats
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2005, 12:44:40 AM »
why would chuck norris win? because he knows karate or tae kwon do? because he's bigger than lee? those are very stiff kinda styles and since when does chuck norris have fighing experience? he was a champion at that point fighting stuff. bruce lee was stronger and DEFINATELY faster. You can say Bruce Lee as faster than _______ and fill in the blank with anyone. Bruce Lee practiced and learned things from lots of martial arts, started developing his own art which essentially was mixed martial arts and was the ambassador for a more realistic competition in his time and not that point fighting stuff they do in karate. didn't you all see in bruce lee a warrior's journey that he would take all these champions from different martial arts and teach them more practical fighting in his school? it was in the news papers. even if we threw that all out bruce lee was a master of Wing Chun. Wing Chun is a pretty good style. Anyone ever seen Sifu Jose Grados? That guy has a public access show in New York city... if you see him you'll know that guy can fight. he's teaches a class he calls Street Combat. It's basically practical fighting with Wing Chun as a base. he also is good at grappling. Bruce Lee would have wiped the floor with Chuck Norris if he didn't actually do it in real life because Bruce Lee taught him. Look it up. And by the way guys... the one inch punch is just for show but so are flying kicks so Chuck's fancy kicks wouldn't matter. Bruce Lee in the movies did fancy stuff but of course, he knew just what the people wanted to see.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2005, 12:48:07 AM »
Chuck Norris actually did kick ass in full contact karate matches. He was a champion in his weight class. Full-contact karate fighters get all kinds of nasty injuries - broken ribs, ankles, you name it. Most will agree Bruce was highly skilled - but my money would be on Chuck in a UFC style fight.
"Shut the F up and train"

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2005, 12:54:12 AM »
what are the rules of full contact karate?

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2005, 01:08:07 AM »

Full contact karate
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Full contact karate has many different derivatives but two main fundamental styles. One is similar to other competition karate where targets are specified and a clear strike to that target gain a full or half point. The blows are delivered with full contact, although heavy padding is often worn and in some cases body armour is also worn. The fight is stopped while points are awarded.

The other, and some would say more 'hardcore' form of full-contact, is known as knockdown karate. This style of fighting was pioneered by the Kyokushinkai, founded by Masutatsu Oyama. In fighting the competitors have no or minimal shin padding and no body protection other than groin guards. Face punching and groin and joint attacks are prohibited but all bare-knuckle strikes to the body, thigh kicks, body kicks, head and face kicks are permitted, as are sweeps. Score is only made by knocking your opponent to the floor, or incapacitating them, or by sweep and controlled follow-up for half a point. See Kansuiryu Karate for full contact karate in Australia and links to Japan. Full contact karate tournaments are held each year sponsored by the World Kansuiryu Karate Federation, based in Mie, Japan. This tournament is open to all full contact styles and is usually in October.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2005, 01:39:47 AM »
http://www.masutatsuoyama.com/masoyama.htm

Mas Oyama I believe would also defeat Bruce Lee. He was the first champion of the All Japan Karate Tournament. He was able to strike off the horn of a live bull with his bare hand. And this can be verified unlike Bruce Lee's claims. There are pictures and videos of him doing this in front of crowds.

http://www.leytonkarate.plus.com/video/ko.wmv

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2005, 09:37:29 AM »
Dude in the video was a beast but lee was quicker, i think if they went at it could go either way.
I

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2005, 09:39:55 AM »
Unless Bruce Lee killed some chick, had sex with her dead body, stuffed it into the trunk of his car, set it on fire, and drove the flaming vehicle into an orphanage, he's "second-tier" news this week.
Ron: "I am lazy."

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2005, 02:00:26 PM »
Jesus!! Bruce weighed 100 lbs.!!!!!!!!! Why are you all so crazy about his body????????
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2005, 02:21:15 PM »
First off, my old Sensai Miazaki beat Chuck Norris in a Tornament, and he had the clipping in the dojo I trained in to prove it. Second, I have video conference of the one inch punch of Bruce Lee, and the guy he did it to really did go flying at least 10 feet. 3rd, he held a 70lb dumbell out to his side for seconds. Front raises are always done with more weight, so what I stated isn't far fetched from what I heard of him holding the 80lb dumbell out in front of him for a minute. Yeah, he was the real deal. The focus he had was unbeatable! Whoosh! I just got a strong craving for a big n tasty from McDonalds. Or a big mac!
CEA999

arce377

• Getbig IV
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2005, 02:29:34 PM »
well Norris was my First Sensei (Kwang Jang Nim Norris in Korean) and he got beat by Tony Tulleners, Joe Lewis, Frank Smith, etc
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #210 on: December 22, 2005, 03:19:45 PM »
Frank Dux would kick all their asses!!!

;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #211 on: December 22, 2005, 03:35:35 PM »
I was just watching old (80's)  fights of Mike Tyson in his prime on ESPN classic . He could beat the fvcking shit out of both of those martial arts guys at the same time. He hit Jesse ferguson with a five punch combination in about a second and a half. Iv'e never seen someone who had that much power AND that hand speed. Bruce lee did all sorts of cool shit,but it was staged. Mike ripped off combos like that in the ring, and the other person wasn't just letting him do it. BIG difference. He hit this one dude and literally knocked him halfway across the ring, guy was an animal.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2005, 03:42:16 PM »
I was just watching old (80's)  fights of Mike Tyson in his prime on ESPN classic . He could beat the fvcking shit out of both of those martial arts guys at the same time. He hit Jesse ferguson with a five punch combination in about a second and a half. Iv'e never seen someone who had that much power AND that hand speed. Bruce lee did all sorts of cool shit,but it was staged. Mike ripped off combos like that in the ring, and the other person wasn't just letting him do it. BIG difference. He hit this one dude and literally knocked him halfway across the ring, guy was an animal.
ok, "big guy" hahahaha. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

arce377

• Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2005, 03:57:11 PM »
ttt for Crazy Turkey! THE Bruce Lee EXPERT!!!!!!!!
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2006, 01:08:11 PM »
well Norris was my First Sensei (Kwang Jang Nim Norris in Korean) and he got beat by Tony Tulleners, Joe Lewis, Frank Smith, etc

Tulleners beat him three times. Not sure 'bout Lewis, but Frank Smith never fought Chuck. Most agree, though (Tulleners included), Smith would have crushed ANYONE in his day.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2006, 01:23:27 PM »
why did you bump this?
$

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2006, 01:25:50 PM »
Dead Thread

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2006, 06:15:15 PM »
why did you bump this?

Frank Smith mention got my attention. Monster, he was.

That's 'cause.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #218 on: March 06, 2006, 06:33:32 PM »
bruce lee's lats are weak. they look decent beacause he weighs like 130.

hes a pussy......i would love to fight him...especially hw every  body on earthj  thinks he was so sav...people would think im unttouchable. haha
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2006, 09:35:09 PM »
Fck yall, Butter Bean would whoop anybodies ass.

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2006, 09:36:15 PM »
I heard micheal jackson beat chuck norris in a fight using his moon power.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2006, 01:12:18 AM »
funny how chuck states he was undefeated world champion for 5 years  ::) I have a Bruce DVD which shows alot of home footage with steve mqueen etc at his house and alot of his students and friends speaknig about him. They say that Bruce had several fights with people, one noticable fight being with a karate sensei from the area. He challenged Bruce and Bruce accepted. Basically, after no more than 3 seconds, the fight was over and the karate guys mates were screaming for Bruce to stop hitting him

Dont be fooled about Bruces ability to make you go "wow" onscreen because he adapted his fighting especially for that. In real life he would have knocked the shit out of people like chuck norris, there was no one else like him. He trained constantly, had freakish power. Ive got the footage of him side kicking a 230lb man holding a bag, and the guy goes flying. ive also got the fotage of his 1 inch punch. There is a chair placed behind the guy for safety so he can land in it and he goes flying over it.
Scouser on Tour

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2006, 09:35:24 AM »
alot of his students and friends speaknig about him ... They say that Bruce had several fights with people ...

Unfortunately, they ALWAYS "say" this. No film or official competitive record to support any of it.

"They" also say he's still alive, you know, drinkin' espresso shots with Jim Morrison, Elvis, and Tupac ... somewhere in the south of France.     

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2006, 02:32:21 PM »
haha. Yeah where is the empirical evidence. Chuck would kill Bruce. He said on the radio Bruce was an actor when asked who would win.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: March 07, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »
Who cares? Quite a few people apparently. Looks like you are alone.