Author Topic: Scarborough: Obama Admin Must Have Signed Off On Lockerbie Terrorist Release  (Read 5079 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I agree with Scarborough and Buchanan.  I seriously doubt Obama didn't know about this and give either explicit or tacit approval. 

JOE SCARBOROUGH: I'm talking about the British deal: oil for terrorists.  And Chuck Todd earlier today said the White House needs to answer questions: what did the president know, when did he know it?  Did the administration know about this deal?  Did they go along with it?

. . .

PAT BUCHANAN: It's hard for me to believe that the British government, Gordon Brown and these other folks, working these things out with Scotland to let this terrorist go, who has killed 260 or 270 people, including about five dozen American school kids, that they would let him go and not give the White House a heads-up as to what is coming down the pike.

SCARBOROUGH: This is just one of those stories that smells from the very beginning.  They set up that Scottish guy to hold the press conference, like he's going to release the biggest terrorist this side of al Qaeda? . . . No!  You knew the British government was attached.  We predicted it last week; it's come true. Then that raises the next question: what's the link between Great Britain's government and the U.S. government?  Anybody that works in Washington for more than a day knows the British government is not going to release a terrorist that killed American kids without getting the OK from the American government.

. . .

SCARBOROUGH: Because of that celebration, this is the end of Gordon Brown's government; there's no surviving this, is there?  This is the last straw.

BUCHANAN: I don't think there is any surviving: this guy is just holding on . . . My guess is this thing went up the food chain at State [Department] and went up the food chain through the NSC.

SCARBOROUGH: If this did not end up at the White House, Mike Barnicle, I would be shocked.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
what proof do you have of this.  Looks like you're joining the growing movement of rightwing CTrs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
what proof do you have of this.  Looks like you're joining the growing movement of rightwing CTrs.

None.  Just common sense. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

hahah yes, BB is quite the CTer these days.  No proof needed when a dem is in office!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
None.  Just common sense. 
I posted videos showing this was a Scottish decision and to what extent the US was involved.  You're now officially a CTr, not shockingly along with a quickly growing group on the right...  Where was your common sense during the Bush years lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

hahah yes, BB is quite the CTer these days.  No proof needed when a dem is in office!

240 - you are a smart guy - even though we both know you like to play dumb sometimes.  

Do you really think we did not know this was coming down the pike?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I posted videos showing this was a Scottish decision and to what extent the US was involved.  You're now officially a CTr, not shockingly along with a quickly growing group on the right...  Where was your common sense during the Bush years lol...

Well I ain't watching 20 (or even 10) minutes of some guy giving a speech.  Did he say he had no discussions with the Obama administration before the decision to release was made? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Well I ain't watching 20 (or even 10) minutes of some guy giving a speech.  Did he say he had no discussions with the Obama administration before the decision to release was made? 
"Some guy giving a speech" ::) It's a statement of the person responsible for the decision explaining the history of it and why it was done... yes, he asserted it was his decision and that he acted on specific Scottish Law and with precedent and tradition.  Prior to that there was an understanding with the Obama Admin that he would not be released.  That's right, Obama argued to secure his place behind bars, but do you or scarborough bring that up?  nope....  THEN when he became terminally ill, it brought up internal Scottish Law that Kenny MacAskill acted seperate from any dealing with America or Brown on.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
yes, he asserted it was his decision and that he acted on specific Scottish Law and with precedent and tradition.  Prior to that there was an understanding with the Obama Admin that he would not be released.  That's right, Obama argued to secure his place behind bars, but do you or scarborough bring that up?  nope....  THEN when he became terminally ill, it brought up internal Scottish Law that Kenny MacAskill acted seperate from any dealing with America or Brown on.

That's sort of a squirrelly response.  Did he specifically say that he had no discussions with the Obama Administration before the decision was made?  You said "yes," but the rest of your response doesn't really support an unqualified "yes."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
240 - you are a smart guy - even though we both know you like to play dumb sometimes.  

Do you really think we did not know this was coming down the pike?

I think we probably got a 'heads up' on it.

What SHOULD obama have done?  You're pissed he didn't act emotional.  Should he have cursed our biggest world ally for breaking their morals for oil?  If you say yes, ya know nothing of diplomacy, cause you just can't do it.

of course obama didn't like that shit, and he probably called the brits every name int he book privately.  but what would YOU have done in obama's shoes?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I think we probably got a 'heads up' on it.

What SHOULD obama have done?  You're pissed he didn't act emotional.  Should he have cursed our biggest world ally for breaking their morals for oil?  If you say yes, ya know nothing of diplomacy, cause you just can't do it.

of course obama didn't like that shit, and he probably called the brits every name int he book privately.  but what would YOU have done in obama's shoes?

Maybe other than use the word "mistake' Obama could have used the following:

1.  Gross injustice
2.  Outrage
3.  Disgrace
4.  Reprehensible

Is that too much to ask 240 aft ehr killer of dozens of ameriucans is set free for oil?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Maybe other than use the word "mistake' Obama could have used the following:

1.  Gross injustice
2.  Outrage
3.  Disgrace
4.  Reprehensible

Is that too much to ask 240 aft ehr killer of dozens of ameriucans is set free for oil?

Of course it's bullshit.

But can you imagine the backlash on many levels if he called it an "outrageous, disgraceful, reprehensible and gross injustice"?

That wouldn't be presidential.  His words carry historical power.  they're our biggest ally and a country we'll REALLY need for euro backing shoudl the dollar flop.

For most ppl, it was an event in history and it sucks the brits did this, but the USA was unable to halt anything here.  For obama to create numerous unknown problems by publicly rebuking our biggest ally for the world would be unpresidential.

The Brits make lots of mistakes.  Can you list the last time a US pres publicly rebuked them with the words you chose?  I didn't think so.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama giving back the Churchill bust they gave us as a gift after 9/11 as a sign of strength, brotherhood, and empathy was sort of nasty in IMHO.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
That's sort of a squirrelly response.  Did he specifically say that he had no discussions with the Obama Administration before the decision was made?  You said "yes," but the rest of your response doesn't really support an unqualified "yes."
f you squirrelly my ass

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
u all just keep making whatever you want to believe up ::)  fuck it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
u all just keep making whatever you want to believe up ::)  fuck it.

Ah yes.  The part where you pick up the bat and ball.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Ah yes.  The part where you pick up the bat and ball.   :)

There is definately more to this Hugo than you are willing to admit.  This oil deal smacks of corruption and the timing is more than suspect. 

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
If I was Scottish and some big talking American told me how to run my country I think I would probably tell him to fuck off.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If I was Scottish and some big talking American told me how to run my country I think I would probably tell him to fuck off.

And if you were scottish and the americans held a terrorist who murdered dozens of your countrymen who they released over an oil deal you would be utterly pissed off. 

So whats your point chief?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
love the ct's from those who spent 8 years under bush mocking them.  keep up the great work ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
There is definately more to this Hugo than you are willing to admit.  This oil deal smacks of corruption and the timing is more than suspect. 
who was president when those deals were attempted?  hint, it wasn't obama... now what?  2 years ago...  Mackaskill from Scotland said the Obama admin sought and were under the assumption he would not be released.  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Scarborough: Obama Admin Must Have Signed Off On Lockerbie Terrorist Release
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 04:51:12 AM »
who was president when those deals were attempted?  hint, it wasn't obama... now what?  2 years ago...  Mackaskill from Scotland said the Obama admin sought and were under the assumption he would not be released.  ;)

Probably GWB.  As I showed you Hugo, I was thrown off of FR in 2005 for my complaints over GWB.

As far as Obama goes, his reaction that you posted was not what I expect from an American President genuinenly upset over something like this.       

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP  FOR TEAM KNEEPAD