Author Topic: LEFT LEG SMALLER AND SHAKES  (Read 3977 times)

apparentluck(1)

• Getbig II
LEFT LEG SMALLER AND SHAKES
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:09:52 PM »
Ive been working out seriously for almost two years and made really good gains. for the last 6 months or so Ive noticed my left thigh is considerably smaller than my right one and that when i do leg extensions
after my squats the left thigh shakes like crazy. even with weight that isn't even challenging it still does it
whats weird is that is doesn't hurt or fatigue. I'm thinking some kind of nerve problem does any one know anything about this?

kimura

• Getbig III
Re: LEFT LEG SMALLER AND SHAKES
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 07:44:37 PM »
Do you have foamy urine?  Are your eyes puffy in the morning?  Any rashes (e.g. butterfly rash on the face)?

apparentluck(1)

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 07:46:53 AM »
no none of that. would that be nerve related?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 08:03:45 AM »
try some unilateral training.......single leg extensions.......you should be able to straighten out the leg imbalance over time.

apparentluck(1)

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »
THATS WHAT I THOUGHT TO, BUT THE SHAKING SEEMS TO POINT TO SOME KIND OF NERVE PROBLEM(I THINK) SIMILAR TO RONNIE COLEMANS LEFT LAT.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 06:10:30 AM »
Ive been working out seriously for almost two years and made really good gains. for the last 6 months or so Ive noticed my left thigh is considerably smaller than my right one and that when i do leg extensions
after my squats the left thigh shakes like crazy. even with weight that isn't even challenging it still does it
whats weird is that is doesn't hurt or fatigue. I'm thinking some kind of nerve problem does any one know anything about this?

Is the strength equal in both legs? Try some really challenging leg extensions to see if both legs can handle the same weight and reps without one failing to keep up with the other...do the same with the leg press machine. If both return the same results: equal strength and strength endurance then I don't think it is a nerve issue. However with all things remaining equal, I do find it odd your leg would over the past 6 months  begin to either atrophy or has stopped growing proportionaletly to your other leg. The only other issue that concerns me is a possible circulation issue. If possible see a doctopr of Sports Medicine. He can do a nerve transmission test to make sure you don't have some sort of nerve compression/impingement issue at work... he can also check for any circulation issues: clots, blocks, circulation failures etc... keep us posted of medical results...this is interesting
C

maxer

• Getbig II
  • authentic
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 06:34:18 PM »
ever had a really bad knee injury to that knee? ive got a torn acl and thats what I feel.... might want to get an MRI and check ligaments

Alex23

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
Do you have foamy urine?  Are your eyes puffy in the morning?  Any rashes (e.g. butterfly rash on the face)?

where are you going with this?

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »
I'm suprised there's no associated pain. Definitely some nerve issues or even IT band, if you havent tried deep tissue massage, try that.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »
My middle leg shakes!!!!!
((-::