Author Topic: They called him " The Myth "  (Read 13733 times)

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Re: They called him " The Myth "
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 05:31:16 PM »
Why are you guys busting your nut over Sergio's most muscular? Stand a prime Coleman next to him and he'd look like nothing.

Ronnie looks like shit to the general public (the majortiy of the population) only to kids like you does he impress you so much he is a god.  Sergio was unreal back when Coleman was still swimming around in his dads balls.  Coleman would look nothing like he does if he did the exact same cycles as Sergio.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  But just wait till you see Coleman off the drugs.  He'll look like Tom Prince does now only darker
No Worries 4 me

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 05:31:29 PM »
Sergio definitely gave Arnold a run for his money. And for good reason.  :o

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 05:34:52 PM »
There was Sergio and Arnold, then everyone else.
We have Dex and Jay and everyone else!!!!!
((-::

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 05:40:15 PM »
Ronnie looks like shit to the general public (the majortiy of the population) only to kids like you does he impress you so much he is a god.  Sergio was unreal back when Coleman was still swimming around in his dads balls.  Coleman would look nothing like he does if he did the exact same cycles as Sergio.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  But just wait till you see Coleman off the drugs.  He'll look like Tom Prince does now only darker

Yeah only to "kids like me" and any bodybuilder that knows ANYTHING about bodybuilding... it shouldn't even have to be discussed that Coleman is the greatest of all-time. Pretty much every pro that ever competed against him during his reign said they were scared to stand next to him... no one ever said that about Oliva. If you think Oliva 1970'S would be COLEMAN 98 you're a fucking fool. AGAIN, WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL THIS "IF HE HAD THE DRUGS HE'D BE 30 TIME MR.OLYMPIA BLAH BLAH BLAH"... WE'RE TALKING ABOUT COLEMAN'S PHYSIQUE IN 98,99,2003 ETC... VS OLIVAS PHYSIQUE IN THE LATE 60'S EARLY 70'S...

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 05:42:46 PM »
Yeah only to "kids like me" and any bodybuilder that knows ANYTHING about bodybuilding... it shouldn't even have to be discussed that Coleman is the greatest of all-time. Pretty much every pro that ever competed against him during his reign said they were scared to stand next to him... no one ever said that about Oliva. If you think Oliva 1970'S would be COLEMAN 98 you're a fucking fool. AGAIN, WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL THIS "IF HE HAD THE DRUGS HE'D BE 30 TIME MR.OLYMPIA BLAH BLAH BLAH"... WE'RE TALKING ABOUT COLEMAN'S PHYSIQUE IN 98,99,2003 ETC... VS OLIVAS PHYSIQUE IN THE LATE 60'S EARLY 70'S...

I know a bit
and Coleman has made an embarassment of himself
If you think Oliva was not feared, study a little history
"Majeeb-Turkey" my ass

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 05:45:52 PM »
I know a bit
and Coleman has made an embarassment of himself
If you think Oliva was not feared, study a little history
"Majeeb-Turkey" my ass

Are you referring to Coleman's recent guest posing where he looks like shit? Yes, he should stop.

Oliva didn't inflict the kind've fear Coleman did.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 05:49:49 PM »

Okay we get it you have Coleman posters all over your bedroom and he is your hero.  No problem with that.  But, you show how stupid you are by comparing Sergio's body to Coleman body.  That is just stupid.  How can you compare anything from the 60's and 70's to things of today.  That just shows ignorance.  I can't figure out people like you who always do that.  The cars that raced in the indy back in the 60's don't compare to the cars of today, the planes of today blow the plane from then away, the sprinters of today blow the sprinters back then away.  He moron, it's called progression and evolution.  The food, drugs, training and diet is totally different.  God get a brain then post here later.  Coleman was awesome a few years ago before he got the huge GH gut from taking to much drugs.  He looks like shit to the normal person.  You are like arguing with Goodrum.  Hard to do when you have no brains
No Worries 4 me

challenge

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 05:55:04 PM »
Are you referring to Coleman's recent guest posing where he looks like shit? Yes, he should stop.

Oliva didn't inflict the kind've fear Coleman did.

Are you kidding? Please someone teach this kid some sense. Oliva was the original freak that scared the shit out of his competition. Heck no one even dared to go against him and he won the 1968 Olympia uncontested.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 05:57:17 PM »

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 06:00:45 PM »
ND with same ol same ol recycled threads - how many sergio threads has this clown done over the years lol

Let me guess, one of the next threads will be entitled something like "a closer look at...(fill in the 70s BB icon name).. ;)

Then why are you taking the time to read and post in this thread asshole? 

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 06:03:51 PM »
Okay we get it you have Coleman posters all over your bedroom and he is your hero.  No problem with that.  But, you show how stupid you are by comparing Sergio's body to Coleman body.  That is just stupid.  How can you compare anything from the 60's and 70's to things of today.  That just shows ignorance.  I can't figure out people like you who always do that.  The cars that raced in the indy back in the 60's don't compare to the cars of today, the planes of today blow the plane from then away, the sprinters of today blow the sprinters back then away.  He moron, it's called progression and evolution.  The food, drugs, training and diet is totally different.  God get a brain then post here later.  Coleman was awesome a few years ago before he got the huge GH gut from taking to much drugs.  He looks like shit to the normal person.  You are like arguing with Goodrum.  Hard to do when you have no brains

::) ... I started comparing them because people were acting like he's the greatest fucking bodybuilder ever, and he's not.  I'm tired of seeing people say these guys from the 70's are the greatest bodybuilders ever when they weren't... just because you may want to look like them more than today's bodybuilders doesn't mean they're better. He wouldn't have even beat a late 80's Haney with the physique he had... btw, I emphasized the fast that i'm taking drugs out of the equation with these hypothetical comparisons... who the fuck knows how he could've gotten on a 2009 bodybuilding drug stack... obviously he'd be at the top just like back in the day. And i'm not a Coleman "guy", but when he was at his best nobody could touch him... and that's a plain fact. Just ask the guys who competed against him. And i'm not like Goodrum... lol.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 06:05:49 PM »
Are you kidding? Please someone teach this kid some sense. Oliva was the original freak that scared the shit out of his competition. Heck no one even dared to go against him and he won the 1968 Olympia uncontested.

I said he didn't inflict the kind've fear Coleman did... not that he wasn't feared at all.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 06:08:57 PM »
I said he didn't inflict the kind've fear Coleman did... not that he wasn't feared at all.

There are more than enough threads where topics relating to Coleman can be debated already, wouldn't you say?

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 06:11:49 PM »
There are more than enough threads where topics relating to Coleman can be debated already, wouldn't you say?

I agree. This is stupid and i'm going to stop now lol.  ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 06:17:41 PM »
Ronnie looks like shit to the general public (the majortiy of the population) only to kids like you does he impress you so much he is a god.

???
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 06:20:01 PM »
it isn't far to compare coleman and sergio, they are almost 40 years apart.

but just to induce a dose of much needed reality into this thread posted by the head guy, here we go:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 06:21:52 PM »

Whenever I hear the name Sergio Oliva, I think of the "the Old Man and the Sea" + steroids

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »
Hulkster posting Ronnie pics in 3-2-1 ::)

Predicted well :)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 06:31:01 PM »
Predicted well :)

Oh please he ONLY types when he sees Ronnie and my name or best shot ever , not exactly predicting the future with this kid

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2009, 07:40:48 PM »
Ronnie never had Sergio's aesthetics.

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2009, 08:44:44 PM »
Ronnie never had Sergio's aesthetics.

dont get me wronge i hate rons abs ofourse....but he is the best of alltime!!!!   i dont think even with the stuff of today sergio would beat coleman i really dont.   now arnold would have been close....arnold had the right proportions to stand with coleman granted arnold would probabaly have to weigh 300lbs ripped too do it but thats imo only

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2009, 09:03:38 PM »
Sergio had the best genetics of all time. Tiny waist, and huge back, chest arms, shoulders, legs, and even calves (rare for a black man). Ronnie took things to a new level and is a freak but his tiny calves should be factored. Now i realize poeple will say Ronnie had a bloated waist but naturally his waist is quite small. The modern stacks have guys competing near 300lbs, and it's tough not to be bulging. Nasser could go 300lbs with abs but he's a rare freak in that regard.

The problem with Sergio was he was as dumb as a brick. Before each contest he would do a full 2 hour workout in the back which pumped him up but left him looking smoother then a normal style pump up. His conditioning and detail were never there to properly showcase what he had. He ate pizza, candy and drank massive amounts of soda even pre-contest. Ronnie was big AND conditioned. Although Sergio had better genetics, Ronnie was the better competitior.

Comparing the eras is foolish. There wasn't AIDS back in the 60's. We didn't put trillions into figuring out ways to stop muscle wasting until Aids appeared. These days guys are living 20 years with fullblown AIDS and still managing to look strong with these new drugs that prevent muscle wasting. In the 80's even with steriods, these AIDS guys looked like they were in nazi war camps. The shit the pros have access today are crazy.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2009, 09:12:11 PM »

dont get me wronge i hate rons abs ofourse....but he is the best of alltime!!!!   i dont think even with the stuff of today sergio would beat coleman i really dont.   now arnold would have been close....arnold had the right proportions to stand with coleman granted arnold would probabaly have to weigh 300lbs ripped too do it but thats imo only

You were one of the strongest bodybuilders of all time. How many other competitors can say they looked huge and thick at 17?

Alex23

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2009, 09:22:22 PM »
Ok ok Sergio was awesome for his time and the drugs he had available... If he had access to the drugs of the 90's and on then he could've competed with the mass monsters but if you took a time machine and put him next to Nasser, Dorian, Ray, Levrone, Wheeler, Coleman he'd look soft and lacking in size... it's the same thing for Arnold... however if they had access to the newer drugs they'd be right up there at the top... in fact I think Arnold would've won just as many Olympias had he been in his prime in the 90's... a real freak he would've been... but that physique ain't beating no Dorian, no Haney, no Coleman, no Shawn Ray, No Kevin Levrone... i'm purely speaking about how these guys looked then, not how they could've.

Shut your mouth Allah worshipper before I go ATF, DoD, USAF, USMC, USDF, OMEGA, MI6 and San Marcos PD on your dirty brown ass.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2009, 09:34:18 PM »
sergio probably had the best genetics ever.

Hi Sergio.
Bodybuilding Pro.com