Author Topic: .  (Read 7260 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Former F1 Driver Examines Physical Challenges of Racing

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
bob chick ;D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
The Physical and Mental Challenges of Driving a Formula 1 Car

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Any combat sport atheletes- Boxing, wrestling, MMA, Jiu Jitsu etc.= Best athletes in the world by far imo.

In the first place, its a one on one sport, not a team sport which places a lot more pressure on the individual to perform. You have to be in better shape by definition. There is a difference between looking like your in shape and being in shape- Fedor and BJ comes to mind in MMA and George Foreman comes to mind in boxing. 

Secondly, in team sports a lot of your prowess is based on other individuals doing their part- A great quarterback is only great if his recievers catch the ball and the line gives him time to throw- Coaches have to put players in their correct positions to give them the opportunity to develop etc.

Third, from a practical standpoint, for anyone who has played different sports amateur, professional or for their school- Whats more grueling; Going two three minute rounds on the mat or with a heavy bag or playing a full court game of basketball for half an hour? Imo its on the mat or with the heavybag

Imo- I have played football, ran track,  and played olympic style handball in high school- I also played baseball and basketball casually most of my life and I can tell you doing that stuff is a walk in the park compared to boxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu etc.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
F1 Driver /end of thread

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
nfl cornerback.

you can move the thread to the sports forum now.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
I think either T&F decathaletes or gymnasts in general.   

However Michael Jordan, Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Usain Bolt and Carl Lewis are my individual picks...

gymnastic all around champions definitely, best combo of strength, agility, coordination, flexibility and balance

no one else is even close

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Some of you are confusing being athletic to being an athlete.  Whoever said about the fighters being the better athletes because they can fight on the mat for several minutes does not make them the best athletes.  They may be some of the most conditioned athletes but not ONE thing they do on the mat helps them in any other sport which make you ATHLETIC.  I would say almost every person who competes in professional sports is in some way very athletic and that is why they are pros in their sport.  But, very few can cross over and be superior in another pro sport.  Michael Jordan who is probably the best BB player ever so far tried baseball and failed.  In real life he would have never even got a tryout if he wasn't Michael Jordan.  Yet Michael is a very good golfer, did show some skill in baseball even though he would never make it to the majors and can play some good tennis.  He is athletic.  Now take Fedor who is the best Heavy MMA fighter.  How good is he in other sports.  Anyway this could go one forever.  My personal picks would be Jim Thorpe and Babe Didrikson (?) who both excelled in just about every sport they tried
No Worries 4 me

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
boxing has to have a say because you need to have incredible stamina to fight at a hard pace for 12 rounds, power and skill/technique, the ability to continually study and adapt to your opponent etc are also very important.

Boxers are tougher athletes in general because of the punishment they take to the body and head. Getting bashed up is what they do for a living. In no other sport (even MMA) can a person continually take flush hard shots and keep fighting to win like boxing.
Recovery ability is absolutely crucial, if you get hurt you must recover quickly. If you get knocked down and your brain is concussed you still have to survive without getting KTFO.

You also need resolve and a kill or be killed mentality, otherwise you'll probably quit and throw in the towel when the going gets tough.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
best athletes I've ever seen :

no coincidence that they have similar height 6'6" and can do it all ( speed, strength AND skill....did I mention the most competitive and mentally invincible? )

BY FAR

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
cant believe baseball is even bein disscussed, right up there with bowls and snooker....

how could you even put them on par with the type of grueling training that gymnasts, fighters or even ballet dancers put them selves through..

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Gymnasts.

Crazy strength, agility, flexibility. Every facet of sports related skills they have in truckloads. Just watch any gymnast perform a rings routine. Insane.

There isn't a football player, basketball player, baseball player who can do the stuff they do.
No doubt about it...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Gymnasts.

Crazy strength, agility, flexibility. Every facet of sports related skills they have in truckloads. Just watch any gymnast perform a rings routine. Insane.

There isn't a football player, basketball player, baseball player who can do the stuff they do.
riiiight

I'd also love to see these gymnasts on a football field lol

mass 04

• Getbig V
Probably an NBA player. Stamina, agility, speed, power.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Probably an NBA player. Stamina, agility, speed, power.
The Nfl guys I talked to in the States agreed that prolly NBA has the best overall athletes

I have the same oppinion for all it matters

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
riiiight

I'd also love to see these gymnasts on a football field lol

There isn't an NFL guy out there who could do an Iron Cross. Probably the ultimate test of strength.
No doubt about it...

mass 04

• Getbig V

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
There isn't an NFL guy out there who could do an Iron Cross. Probably the ultimate test of strength.
no...I will guarantee you I'll find dozens who can easily do it

how bout them gymnasts on the tarmac ?

aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahah

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
American rugby is just some idiots running into each other getting brain damaged...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum

aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahah
Ah, no. You'll find no NFL players who'll be able to do an iron cross. That's strictly for 5'5" 145lb guys. I agree with you on the NFL/NBA angle tho. The elitest of athletes. 

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era

aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahah

I thought you gay Romanians would defend gymnastics.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Gymnasts have dem biceps. That proves they are the best athletes.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I thought you gay Romanians would defend gymnastics.
I consider myself american

and secondly , bring your mom or sister so I can prove to you I'm not gay...deal ?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
I hadn't even considered F1 driver.  Great job backing it up with intelligent breakdown and evidence, too. 

it's def F1 drivers. bball player or football player wouldn't be able to handle everything a F1 driver is capable of