Author Topic: UK and Irish people  (Read 2728 times)

body88

Re: UK and Irish people
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »
A fine suit is going to cost you some coin.  Don't buy cheap shit if you are forced to wear suits often.  600-800 is a reasonable cost for a decent, starter suit.  Tailoring is a must, nothing fits anyone correctly "off the rack".

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »
I have a wedding to go to sunday so i thought i could buy a tapered suit off the rack... the guy in the store just laughed at me... and said no way with my shoulder to waist ratio he said no way and to make one would cost £700 and would take 3 weeks... so he recommended NEXT
went to next.. the couldnt help either the one suit that did fit my shoulders arms and chest... was a suit for a fat man...  that taper was for a man with a 40inch waiste
so ima just waer a shirt and tie .. and have a suit tapered and tailored in the future

My boy is 5'9", 230.  His arms are 19".  His suits always look good so I asked him who tailors his suits.
He buys them off the rack at TM Lewin.  Dunno if ur proportions are similar to his, but u should check TM Lewin out.  More expensive than Next, Burton etc, but at least u aint spendin £700.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 03:08:58 PM »
I'm thinking of gaining back 20 pounds so my suit fits me again.
S

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 03:21:15 PM »
I feel your pain Ursus. Not easy to buy shit like suits off the rack. i managed to find a suit jacket from next a while back that fitted me perfectly, and i don't think i'll ever have the same luck off the rack again.

I think it is worth paying a few hundred for a tailored number, especially at your height. I was with one of my friends when he went and got himself a suit at a big and tall (he's 6' 10") and even with the tailoring i was surprised how reasonably priced it was.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »
I feel your pain Ursus. Not easy to buy shit like suits off the rack. i managed to find a suit jacket from next a while back that fitted me perfectly, and i don't think i'll ever have the same luck off the rack again.

I think it is worth paying a few hundred for a tailored number, especially at your height. I was with one of my friends when he went and got himself a suit at a big and tall (he's 6' 10") and even with the tailoring i was surprised how reasonably priced it was.

thanks man - that helps! cheers

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »
befriend the folks in the local theater company costume shop they always know people looking for extra work on the side.  i had a joseph aboud jacket tailored for 30 bucks and trousers for 15 a leg. shop around.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 02:26:19 AM »
In the United States there is a chain called "the Custom House" usually in upscale malls.  They specialize in made to measure shirts, but you can also get them to make Blazers (double breasted if you are big) and trousers that are great.  I would recommend a darkish blue blazer with charcoal gray trousers.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 02:40:11 AM »
In the United States there is a chain called "the Custom House" usually in upscale malls.  They specialize in made to measure shirts, but you can also get them to make Blazers (double breasted if you are big) and trousers that are great.  I would recommend a darkish blue blazer with charcoal gray trousers.

a suit is 'suited': pants and jacket are the same colour. Blue has the increased risk of making you look like someone from public transport.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 03:22:55 AM »
i got my suit from sloans.... they do a range mostly for the doormen and bodybuilders, where u can mix and match the pants to the jacket etc etc,,, paid about £200 for mine, with a free shirt chucked in...

got to add, a complete milf with fishnets suited me out too... gave me playfull groaps... overall nice experience..

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 03:32:22 AM »
Wear a Kimono

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 03:34:34 AM »
why a suit??

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 05:08:17 AM »
i got my suit from sloans.... they do a range mostly for the doormen and bodybuilders, where u can mix and match the pants to the jacket etc etc,,, paid about £200 for mine, with a free shirt chucked in...

got to add, a complete milf with fishnets suited me out too... gave me playfull groaps... overall nice experience..

Nice. very nice.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 08:40:21 AM »
I'm part Irish

it's not something I advertise in public, for obvious reasons

:-X