Author Topic: Why are traps such an unpropotionally strong and high rep capable muscle?  (Read 2539 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Have anyone else noticed this? I do 270 lbs barbell shrugs behind the back 4 x 25. This is more reps than I bench, squat or dead lift with.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
Have anyone else noticed this? I do 270 lbs barbell shrugs behind the back 4 x 25. This is more reps than I bench, squat or dead lift with.
the haves and have-nots
U

Megalodon

• Getbig V
All muscles are unproportionally strong and high rep capable muscles. It depends on how you work them.

the bronze

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Shorter ROM, different leverage from insertion points, and they are designed for high endurance.  They are active all day from the moment you raise your head off the pillow, to the moment you go to be at night.  Same with calves, both gastroc and soleus.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Shorter ROM, different leverage from insertion points, and they are designed for high endurance.  They are active all day from the moment you raise your head off the pillow, to the moment you go to be at night.  Same with calves, both gastroc and soleus.

I thought there must be a logical explanation!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Alright noob, good explanation but lets not go and get a big head about it.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Way to increase bench? Never thought of that.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...

bingo for 100 points!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Way to increase bench? Never thought of that.

he just thinks he is so important....I have news for him

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
270! what a monster!