Author Topic: AP releases photo of dying marine  (Read 2155 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: AP releases photo of dying marine
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2009, 10:53:33 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »
Palin calls news org 'heartless and selfish'
Posted: September 7th, 2009 12:50 PM ET

(CNN) – Sarah Palin is calling the AP's decision to release a battlefield photo of a dying Marine over the family's objection "an evil thing to do."

In a Sunday night post on her Facebook page, the former Alaska governor called the photo released this week of Lance Corporal Joshua Bernard's dying moments on the battlefield in Afghanistan a "sacred image."

"Many of us join Secretary Gates in condemning the Associated Press for its heartless and selfish decision to turn its back on the wishes of a grieving family in order to exploit the tragic death of a true American hero," she wrote.

The release of the photo was "a despicable and heartless act by the AP," said Palin. "The family said they didn't want the photo published. AP, you did it anyway, and you know it was an evil thing to do.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Bernard family. …"

Palin has had limited public appearances since resigning the governor's office in July. Most of her comments have come via posts on her Facebook page.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/07/palin-calls-news-org-heartless-and-selfish/#more-67625

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »
I think ALL images of war should be made public

let's see what we're getting for our tax dollars

this would include pictures of our soldiers, their soldiers, civilans, etc...

I think if we saw what wars really looked like we might give them a little more thought

BTW - does anyone remember looking at books when they were a kid of images of our dead soldiers from Vietnam and WWII

The WWII stuff was in books from Time Magazine in my elemenatry school library

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2009, 12:59:44 PM »
the pic should be shown....

its easy to eat a rare steak when you have NEVER seen a cow getting slaughtered....and then brag about it

its easy to talk about soldiers dying when you have never seen anyone die....and then brag about being patriotic

if you cant even look at a fucking pic of someone dying....you'll appreciate how much of a sacrifice the soldier made by giving his life...

and also realize how useless you'd be in combat.....first time someone dies..you'd run off like a puss
carpe` vaginum!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2009, 01:00:10 PM »
I think ALL images of war should be made public

let's see what we're getting for our tax dollars

this would include pictures of our soldiers, their soldiers, civilans, etc...

I think if we saw what wars really looked like we might give them a little more thought

BTW - does anyone remember looking at books when they were a kid of images of our dead soldiers from Vietnam and WWII

The WWII stuff was in books from Time Magazine in my elemenatry school library

I remember those Time books. I looked them over when  I was young enough to not even know what that stuff meant.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »
I remember those Time books. I looked them over when  I was young enough to not even know what that stuff meant.

Do you remember the picture of the japanese guy with his head on a post?

I remember national geographic (I think) where this Vietamese woman was holding a dead child by the leg and it's guts were hanging out and I think she was throwing it on a pile of bodies

I saw that in the 2nd or 3rd grade and I remember it today

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2009, 05:10:44 PM »
Do you remember the picture of the japanese guy with his head on a post?

I remember national geographic (I think) where this Vietamese woman was holding a dead child by the leg and it's guts were hanging out and I think she was throwing it on a pile of bodies

I saw that in the 2nd or 3rd grade and I remember it today

I don't remember anything really vivid like that. A friend of my parents had the collection and I remember pictures of bodies lying on the ground and shit. I think I was arounnd grade 1-2 when  I saw those books. I also remember the Saturday morning TV shows on the Vietnam war. I was probably around 12-13 I think when I saw that scene where the American soilder shoots the Vietnamese guy  in the head, I nearly shit my pants.