Author Topic: protein powder- real or placebo?  (Read 2225 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
protein powder- real or placebo?
« on: September 08, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »
recently bought a tub for the first time in years, for convenience purposes.
everytime i scoop some powder and mix it with water, making a 'protein shake', i cant help but think if its all just bullshit and these companies are making a killing selling basically nestle quick chocolate milk powder to kids. the labels list tons of all these big impressive sounding compunds that are supposed to be great for 'building muscle' and lots of 'amino acids' and other such 'stuff'...i wonder if 1. all these things are actually in the mystery powder at all and 2. if those things actually make a difference at all.

i mean the fucking thing tastes great, like chocolate milk or something. how do you know that its not just a tub full of nestle quick and placebo?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: protein powder- real or placebo?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 12:06:56 PM »
I don't think they would scam costumers with basic protein, because protein really works.  :D

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:17:31 PM »
I am in the supplement industry.But I will say this I literally live on protein powder.I swear to god if you could follow me around for a day you would see I drink 4-5 protein shakes a day.You see I have my own company, so I don't have time to eat, or even get something to eat.So what I do is I drink protein powder, and eat oatmeal and rice with it.
Right now its 12 pm and I have already drank 2 protein shakes, and I am getting ready to eat some food.
If it wasn't for protein shakes I would never get anything done.When you work 12-16 hours a day, your cant stop to eat 7-8 times per day.So I drink 4-5 protein shakes, and eat 3-4 meals.I still weighs 255lbs, so the protein shakes must be working

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:26:45 PM »
I don't think they would scam costumers with basic protein, because protein really works.  :D

yeah videos like that make me wonder about all this shit.

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 12:29:53 PM »
recently bought a tub for the first time in years, for convenience purposes.
everytime i scoop some powder and mix it with water, making a 'protein shake', i cant help but think if its all just bullshit and these companies are making a killing selling basically nestle quick chocolate milk powder to kids. the labels list tons of all these big impressive sounding compunds that are supposed to be great for 'building muscle' and lots of 'amino acids' and other such 'stuff'...i wonder if 1. all these things are actually in the mystery powder at all and 2. if those things actually make a difference at all.

i mean the fucking thing tastes great, like chocolate milk or something. how do you know that its not just a tub full of nestle quick and placebo?

I know what you feel... After a workout I drink my shake as quick as I can to make sure that I ingest "all the necessary nutrients" within the famous anabolic window!!! But I always have doubts if I drink any protein at all.  :-[

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
Companies like muscletech are the reason so many supplement companies have a bad reputation.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 03:57:48 PM »
A good protein powder, is almost as Good as eating a meal.There are are alot of legit companies out there.
Here is a few I highly trust
Trueprotein.com
AST VP2
Extreme Labs,
Bio-Tech
Beverly International
Iso-Pure
Healthy Way

There are alto of good companies, but these are names off of the top of my head.If you are always on the go,m and have an active life, protein powder is a real life saver.Its 4 pm here, and I have already had 2 meals and drank 4 protein shakes.Today has been non stop for me, so I haven't had anytime to sit down and eat. As a matter of fact I am eating oatmeal as we speak.

jehwit

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »