Author Topic: Gordon scott  (Read 11333 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Gordon scott
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:42:42 AM »
Another of my favourite Bodybuilders was Gordon Scott an ex training partner of Steve reeves and famous for his role as Tarzan...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Gordon scott
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »
he died in the back room of a fans home who was letting him stay there because he idolized him. :( :( :(
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »
he actually gave up the tarzan movies to make the italian sword and sandal movies over in italy.apparently they paid more. :o :o
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 01:37:35 PM »
when scott quit tarzan they replaced him with jocko mahoney who was a villian in one of gordon scott's tarzan movies.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »
 :o when steve reeves made the movie duel of the titans he specified that gordon scott play his brother in the movie.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 01:51:31 AM »
I read that he had no contact with his Family later in his life...shame... :( I did see in youtube an interview with him and Steve reeves and he seemed like a good guy,said he did an upper/lower split.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »
I read that he had no contact with his Family later in his life...shame... :( I did see in youtube an interview with him and Steve reeves and he seemed like a good guy,said he did an upper/lower split.
all of the guys of that period who went to italy for the peplum era enjoyed themselves immensly as reg park said it was the time of his life.they sometimes trained together and made movies during the day. a few of them stuck around for the cowboy era and then the spy era.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »
Yes Brad Harris was another rugged physique... I read that he trained at Vince Girondas Gym too. Vince speaks highly of him in a book i have.

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 11:22:13 PM »
when scott quit tarzan they replaced him with jocko mahoney who was a villian in one of gordon scott's tarzan movies.

Tarzan the greatest i beleive it was called. Its also one of my favorite tarzan movies. Jock played tarzan in tarzan goes to india. He or his stunt double did a dive into a river from a plane somwhere in india in the beginning of the movie. Looked pretty cool.