Author Topic: Panic Attacks  (Read 13207 times)

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
Re: Panic Attacks
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2009, 07:33:43 AM »
Maybe you have toomuchmusclefor yourself...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2009, 09:00:53 AM »
...But if it turns out to just be anxiety just man up & quit being a lil bitch.
some ppl in my family get those.  I dont have time for those.  too busy working.  

Drink some red wine, crank one out, and chill the F out.  Find out what it is you're stressing ,and either accept it or deal with it.

Funny how it's always the guys who've never experienced them who say to just butch the fuck up.  ::)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2009, 09:24:27 AM »
Funny how it's always the guys who've never experienced them who say to just butch the fuck up.  ::)

i have had um....years back...and the doc wanted 2 dope me up on meds.Thats when I said to myself...OK...your doing this shit to yourself so you can stop them by yourself.I dropped all stimulants coffee,soda,also dropped alcohol because many people self medicate with it but then it exacerbates the situation when your sober...I began drinkin 2 gallons of water a day,doing tons of cardio & got a new mind set....A mind set of "Quit being a lil bitch & cowboy up"Guess what?not only do I not get anxiety attacks anymore but I don't even get slightly stressed by anything.shit just rolls right off me anymore...

Like I said I can't stand society today & how everyone wants to take a pill just to feel normal...man up pussies!
DAWG

challenge

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2009, 09:26:30 AM »
i have had um....years back...and the doc wanted 2 dope me up on meds.Thats when I said to myself...OK...your doing this shit to yourself so you can stop them by yourself.I dropped all stimulants coffee,soda,also dropped alcohol because many people self medicate with it but then it exacerbates the situation when your sober...I began drinkin 2 gallons of water a day,doing tons of cardio & got a new mind set....A mind set of "Quit being a lil bitch & cowboy up"Guess what?not only do I not get anxiety attacks anymore but I don't even get slightly stressed by anything.shit just rolls right off me anymore...

Like I said I can't stand society today & how everyone wants to take a pill just to feel normal...man up pussies!

QFT

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2009, 09:31:14 AM »
Maybe you have toomuchmusclefor yourself...

X2.... I was thinking the same thing Okami

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2009, 09:37:46 AM »

While some people may want the pills and an easy fix there's tons of people who resist taking drugs, hate the idea of taking psych drugs, but who finally see no other option since the situation becomes so unbearable. To suggest that you can simply will your way out of any mental problem, or that anxiety is just a character flaw, is simplistic. Sometimes the brain chemistry just goes haywire out of the blue and it's very hard to think yourself out of it, to think your brain healthy. Would you suggest a bi-polar to think himself out of his illness? Or a schizo? Yes, therapy can help anxiety issues but sometimes there's no time to wait for the therapy to start working.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2009, 09:46:21 AM »
Funny how it's always the guys who've never experienced them who say to just butch the fuck up.  ::)

2 years ago i had one, ended up in the hospital thinking it was a heart attack.  hyperventilating, arms numb, vomiting, all that.  EKG was fine. 

Doc told me I could let them happen my entire life, or find a way to get thru them. 

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2009, 09:52:33 AM »
Panic attacks suck.  Alot of people think that the person getting them just needs to man up but that way of thinking is plain crap.  I went to the doctor and got checked out and according to my 24hr urine sample my norepinephrine and epinephrine levels were double what they should have been.  I went back to have blood work done to confirm the results of the urine test and it they are positive they will schedule me for a cat scan to determine if I have some sort of growth on the adrenal gland.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2009, 10:12:31 AM »
2 years ago i had one, ended up in the hospital thinking it was a heart attack.  hyperventilating, arms numb, vomiting, all that.  EKG was fine. 

Doc told me I could let them happen my entire life, or find a way to get thru them. 

Some people only experience a single episode or find a way to get over it. Not everyone is so lucky. Sometimes panic attacks are caused by anabolic steroids or thyroid drugs (or hyperthyroidism not caused by taking drugs) for example. It's kind of hard to think yourself out of it when your brain/body chemistry is out of whack. The anxiety is sort of a "normal" reaction. Just like a fight or flight response on a smaller scale is a normal reaction to heavy stimulant use. You brain chemistry can be seriously out of whack even without taking drugs or being physically ill. It can be compared to thinking yourself out of any other purely physical ailment.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »
Some people only experience a single episode or find a way to get over it. Not everyone is so lucky. Sometimes panic attacks are caused by anabolic steroids or thyroid drugs (or hyperthyroidism not caused by taking drugs) for example. It's kind of hard to think yourself out of it when your brain/body chemistry is out of whack. The anxiety is sort of a "normal" reaction. Just like a fight or flight response on a smaller scale is a normal reaction to heavy stimulant use. You brain chemistry can be seriously out of whack even without taking drugs or being physically ill. It can be compared to thinking yourself out of any other purely physical ailment.

I guess you're right.  I konw two people who use it as excuses not to get jobs.  They don't panic when buying weed or talking to girls, but lo and behold, they panic at any job.  Even trying to get social security for 'social anxiety disorder'.   makes me sick.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2009, 10:23:28 AM »
I guess you're right.  I konw two people who use it as excuses not to get jobs.  They don't panic when buying weed or talking to girls, but lo and behold, they panic at any job.  Even trying to get social security for 'social anxiety disorder'.   makes me sick.

I've been thinking about this. Do you think these people are really happy, they just don't want to work? I would think most mentally healthy people wouldn't want the label and stigma of "mentally ill social security guy". Maybe they are work shy and lazy but on the other hand I think there's some mental issues with most of these people.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2009, 11:09:33 AM »
A panic Attack is a horrible experience.They say they 90% of people who go into the emergency room, with chest pain thinking they Are having a heart attack is usually just a panic or an anxiety attack.Panic attack ks are brought on by the body releasing to much adrenaline, which is helps us in case a life or death situation,.Unfortunately it is triggered by  to much caffeine, other stimulants, or obsessive thinking.Alot of times you can take your self out of a panic attack just by, calming down and taking slow, deep breaths, and taking your mind off of what ever it is that is upsetting you.Most people have a panic attack when there mind is racing a 100 miles per hour, and it over whelms them.Panic attacks are very very real and very scary.But if you just relax, and take deep slow breaths,and just remind yourself that, this is just a panic attack, and it will pass, if I just learn to relax.Meditating can help stop panic attacks,alot of the time.Most of the time people panic, because they obsessing or overreacting about a problem or situation that they cannot control.
If you have panic attacks avoid, Caffeine and stimulants right away.Also don't take Benedryl, it has also been linked to panic attacks when take with Caffeine.If your body produced to much adrenaline already, and your adding caffeine, that is like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.Most importantly don't self medicate with Xanax, or Clonopin, unless it is absolutely necessary, these drugs are very habit forming.Plus your body never learns to deal with the anxiety because your putting a band aide on the problem, not solving the problem.
You have to find out why you are having these panic attacks, and learn to emotionally strengthen yourself.Adrenaline is actually a good thing, you just got to learn to use it as a tool, and not let it put you into a panic.
Plus if you self medicate, when your out of medication, your body will have a panic attack from withdrawls, from the medication your taking.Because the body didnt learn to cope with the stress yuor putting it through.I heard Xanax withdrawls are like a living hell .The last thing you need when you have anxiety, is to have withdrawals from medication.Thats a road you dont want to go down, trust me.I have seen alot of people go down hil fast from abusing medications,as a crutch.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »
While some people may want the pills and an easy fix there's tons of people who resist taking drugs, hate the idea of taking psych drugs, but who finally see no other option since the situation becomes so unbearable. To suggest that you can simply will your way out of any mental problem, or that anxiety is just a character flaw, is simplistic. Sometimes the brain chemistry just goes haywire out of the blue and it's very hard to think yourself out of it, to think your brain healthy. Would you suggest a bi-polar to think himself out of his illness? Or a schizo? Yes, therapy can help anxiety issues but sometimes there's no time to wait for the therapy to start working.

I understand what your saying...however. bipolar and ADHD are two of the most overly diagnosed supposed ailments in todays society....everyone is bipolar or ADHD these days.A hyperactive kid to an adult with the occasional mood swing...you must understand it's not what drugs your strung out on that the government cares about it's who's.....thats why late at night all you see is commercials asking you..are you tired?Depressed?suffer from insomnia?worry to much?Sleep to much?Always hungry?Dry mouth?constipation?hot flashes?cold sweats?Just don't feel yourself?Do you go to bed then wake up?....well then heres a pill that will do the trick!!!It's all by design...It's all about $Money$ and control...go ahead though sheep "ah um" I mean people....keep rationalizing that you need to do drugs just to get you threw your daily lives.....
DAWG

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2009, 12:52:50 PM »
I understand what your saying...however. bipolar and ADHD are two of the most overly diagnosed supposed ailments in todays society....everyone is bipolar or ADHD these days.A hyperactive kid to an adult with the occasional mood swing...you must understand it's not what drugs your strung out on that the government cares about it's who's.....thats why late at night all you see is commercials asking you..are you tired?Depressed?suffer from insomnia?worry to much?Sleep to much?Always hungry?Dry mouth?constipation?hot flashes?cold sweats?Just don't feel yourself?Do you go to bed then wake up?....well then heres a pill that will do the trick!!!It's all by design...It's all about $Money$ and control...go ahead though sheep "ah um" I mean people....keep rationalizing that you need to do drugs just to get you threw your daily lives.....

Yes it's a business and drugs are over prescribed but OTOH  many critics seem to think there's no such thing as bipolar for example, but that is very ignorant. Try treating a paranoid schizophrenic or bipolar I without drugs and see where that gets you. Same with someone with major depression.

There's a good and bad side to psych drugs.

Then there's the one's who recommend "natural" drugs such as cannabis for everything yet rave against the pharma industry.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2009, 01:08:39 PM »
Yes it's a business and drugs are over prescribed but OTOH  many critics seem to think there's no such thing as bipolar for example, but that is very ignorant. Try treating a paranoid schizophrenic or bipolar I without drugs and see where that gets you. Same with someone with major depression.

There's a good and bad side to psych drugs.

Then there's the one's who recommend "natural" drugs such as cannabis for everything yet rave against the pharma industry.

Do you support the war on drugs?...

Schizophrenia & manic depression are very serious ailments.However the original topic is stress or anxiety related ailments.And there were numerous people talking about this drug and that drug....Which is fine as a last resort....Are you eating properly?(over weight)..staying hydrated?..not deficient in any vitamines or minerals?Getting plenty of exercise?have you talked to a shrink or counselor?Anotherwards have you done absolutely everything in your power to be the best/healthest person you can be?If you have done all that and then some but still suffer from your ailment then...and only then do you consider throwing drugs into the mix....Sadly this very rarely is the case.Most people tend to look for the quick fix or the easy way if you will.American's as a whole are highly overmedicated and you would have to be in a drug induced daze of your own to not see it.
DAWG

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »
Do you support the war on drugs?...

Schizophrenia & manic depression are very serious ailments.However the original topic is stress or anxiety related ailments.And there were numerous people talking about this drug and that drug....Which is fine as a last resort....Are you eating properly?(over weight)..staying hydrated?..not deficient in any vitamines or minerals?Getting plenty of exercise?have you talked to a shrink or counselor?Anotherwards have you done absolutely everything in your power to be the best/healthest person you can be?If you have done all that and then some but still suffer from your ailment then...and only then do you consider throwing drugs into the mix....Sadly this very rarely is the case.Most people tend to look for the quick fix or the easy way if you will.American's as a whole are highly overmedicated and you would have to be in a drug induced daze of your own to not see it.

I basically agree with you. All I'm saying is that panic anxiety can be extremely debilitating, very real and that sometimes drugs are warranted. If you can't even leave your house, are on the brink of suicide, you isolate yourself from all social interaction etc, then drugs may be needed to even be able to get to the therapists office - drugs may be needed for a period of time to allow you to start working on the underlying issues.

I don't support the war on drugs.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2009, 01:27:13 PM »
oh boy.

insecurity issues, then take steroids to overcome them, then when off steroids you need xanax.

pathetic.

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2009, 01:58:35 PM »
oh boy.

insecurity issues, then take steroids to overcome them, then when off steroids you need xanax.

pathetic.

I love the gains Tren gave me..but after 8+ weeks, the sides (anxiety) really started to fuck with me.

Will I run Tren or any other AAS in the future? Yes, Probably. I am really obsessed with myself. I can't seem to hold any girl I meet for more than a month because I am so self absorbed.

I've gotten panic attacks way before AAS use though. My rents split, and was forced to move out, and all this shit happened in a short time. I couldn't deal with it. So I went to this hippie fest, did alot of drugs. And haven't been right ever since then  :-\

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2009, 02:01:06 PM »
I love the gains Tren gave me..but after 8+ weeks, the sides (anxiety) really started to fuck with me.

Will I run Tren or any other AAS in the future? Yes, Probably. I am really obsessed with myself. I can't seem to hold any girl I meet for more than a month because I am so self absorbed.

I've gotten panic attacks way before AAS use though. My rents split, and was forced to move out, and all this shit happened in a short time. I couldn't deal with it. So I went to this hippie fest, did alot of drugs. And haven't been right ever since then  :-\

You need a shrink, or a good Zen teacher, Catholic priest or sth like that, but keep your hands away from drugs, especially tranquilizers and stuff.

Your problem is mental, don't need any drugs against that.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2009, 03:54:57 PM »
Anxiety aren't really a joke. You should ask about them somewhere where people actually give a shit.

It could be adrenal stress overload. They could come from any number of things. Get some lab work done, get an EKG, talk to the doc. They can come on at anytime and at anyplace.

The thoughts you have during an anxiety attack can easily dictate it's outcome and longevity. Some people deal with anxiety on a low level all the time. Others just have an occasional "big one"

The more you convince yourself something is wrong, the worse they get.

Sometimes learning stress management and maybe a little Xanax can get you through a tough time. Some of the symptoms for depression are the same for anxiety. You may have to back up, regroup, and analyze the situation for a time. If you had a choice between anxiety and depression, anxiety would be like a cake-walk. Depression is a tough one to kick. Usually the folks that get it (or have it) deal with it for the rest of their lives. The SSRI's can really suck and can have some shitty side effects.  The help of a good doc or counselor, or even a friend who has been there before, can really help.

There could also be some underlying serious medical conditions or reaction to something you are taking (or coming off of)-- take it seriously, get some help,  and get some peace of mind.

Good luck.

Dr. Dyslexic. :P
yup. I know alllll to welll about having anxiety, panic attacks, depression, ocd, bipolar. So many people on "the outside" who have never suffered from severe mental illness' will NEVER EVER understand how it is. These people will talk soo much shit, saying toughin up, be a man or fuck taking a pill. Easier said than done.What you outsiders dont understand is you cant have brain surgery or "just put a bandaid" on severe mental illness'. Thats exactly what these medications are for. Every human being has had a least a mild anxiety/panic attack, no doubt about that BUT im talking about people who suffer from severe panic/anxiety attacks, and who basically cant live a normal daily life, like having job, relationship etc, those are people that NEED these "pills". People who need to take meds just from having a little stress, anxiety from work, etc.....are the ones that need to swig a shot of whiskey, or toughin up" and be a man". Those are the pussys'. People with severe mental illness' such as anxiety panic etc, best thing to do is get on meds, CBT, and keep your mind and body busy.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »
yup. I know alllll to welll about having anxiety, panic attacks, depression, ocd, bipolar. So many people on "the outside" who have never suffered from severe mental illness' will NEVER EVER understand how it is. These people will talk soo much shit, saying toughin up, be a man or fuck taking a pill. Easier said than done.What you outsiders dont understand is you cant have brain surgery or "just put a bandaid" on severe mental illness'. Thats exactly what these medications are for. Every human being has had a least a mild anxiety/panic attack, no doubt about that BUT im talking about people who suffer from severe panic/anxiety attacks, and who basically cant live a normal daily life, like having job, relationship etc, those are people that NEED these "pills". People who need to take meds just from having a little stress, anxiety from work, etc.....are the ones that need to swig a shot of whiskey, or toughin up" and be a man". Those are the pussys'. People with severe mental illness' such as anxiety panic etc, best thing to do is get on meds, CBT, and keep your mind and body busy.

academy award for best post ever on this subject---well stated

man people who have never had a full blown panic attack and make statements like "its all in your head" or "get over it",........10 to 1 says they would off themselves if they had an actual PA--they have no idea

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2009, 04:08:15 PM »
Inevitability is key here.

I would think nearly everyone will eventually be suseptible to "stress overload" at some point in their lives.

Reading through the posts it appears some are confusing anxiety/panic attacks with depression. Yes, they may have some of the same symptoms, but they are two horses of a different color.

Kids today live at a much faster, technological pace than some of us did when we were their age. It would suit them to pay attention. A panic attack can hit you like a ton of fucking bricks.

I would hate to say "I told ya so"

Tread lightly. You burn the candle at both ends today... you pay tomorrow.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2009, 04:31:29 PM »
Hmm i took Remeron, (antidepressant) for 2 years to help me with my insomnia, helped me a lot sleeping. But made me depressed, it supposed to be against depression  ??? So i quit for 4 months, everything went great got my energy back, felt great. Then couldnt sleep for weeks and took just a little of remeron during the day. Man o man what a mistake. Got some serious side effects that night. As soon as night came heart started beating like crazy, irregular beating+ my mind pattern went nuts for the whole night, like a damn emotional meltdown. Cried the night outside like a little baby, havent cried for 10 years. Next night the same shit, so had to take some more remeron to calm down. Never had this prior to the meds, they fuck you up, so im taking half the pil for now. Thaught i had a panick attack, but this was far worse, my breathing was fine. I thought i would die for you bitches.

maybe theres your problem right there?  "Serenity now, serenity now"

challenge

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2009, 04:42:06 PM »
maybe theres your problem right there?  "Serenity now, serenity now"

No that one will drive you nuts. Use "WOOOOOOSSSA"!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2009, 04:44:12 PM »

I've gotten panic attacks way before AAS use though. My rents split, and was forced to move out, and all this shit happened in a short time. I couldn't deal with it. So I went to this hippie fest, did alot of drugs. And haven't been right ever since then  :-\

you sound like a junkie I have no sympathy for drug addicts...Although if you went to a hippie fest you should have done some LSD & or mushrooms.In turn you should have had a self Revelation that your whole life was a complete joke & it should have helped you to steer your life in a better healthier direction

you just rattled off 5-6 different ailments you have.I'm sorry but I thought the topic of the thread was anxiety attacks.Not schizophrenic bipolar manic depressives with ocd and mommy issuie's(child hood trauma).Fact of the matter is your the weak & should not reproduce.Your internal organs will give out b 4 your whacked out mind ever functions properly.HTH.....
Also if you actually read my post's you would see your contradiction's you've made with regards to my advice.I advise against "Swiging shot's of whiskey"

academy award for best post ever on this subject---well stated

man people who have never had a full blown panic attack and make statements like "its all in your head" or "get over it",........10 to 1 says they would off themselves if they had an actual PA--they have no idea

Me and van Bilderass was actually having an intelligent discussion.You guys are  just wack jobs that want to justify your drug use....in fact I would like to see some studies in regard to these people with anxiety & there life history of drug use...For instance Prior use of marijuana,cocaine,alcohol,along with takin unprescribed prescription drugs recreationally such as Valium xanax or oxycotton..

like I've said I have sympathy for the guys who have tryed everything....Eat right,maintain a healthy weight,stay hydrated,made sure they didn't have vitamin & mineral deficant,Have been to a shrink or counselor,exercise regularly,cut caffeine & stimulants out of there diet,Don't do street drugs or self medicate with alcohol.For the folks that have done all that and more for a decent period of time I can see the need for pharmacy drugs(as a last resort)....however it's been my experience that the vast majority don't do this and go straight for the quick fix.

for those people

1:27 the worlds smallest violin playin just for the drug addicts.
DAWG