Author Topic: Panic Attacks  (Read 13117 times)

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
Panic Attacks
« on: September 09, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »
I started getting terrible anxiety about a year ago, and had 5 fucking panic attacks last nite.

It feels like someone kicked me in the balls, and can't breathe.

Gonna see the doc and hopefully get a script for some benzo's  :P

How do you bro's deal with this shit? and are there any OTC remedies to help?

-TIA

-TMM4U

Oh, and to keep this bodybuilding related. I get HEAVY attacks right after a heavy set of deads and squats  :-X

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Panic Attacks
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 03:14:05 PM »
whats drugs are u on? they probably arent helping.

spinnis

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 03:14:17 PM »
Im guessing you're american?

already know what meds you want.. even Before going to the doctor.

try to figure out the REAL reason instead.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »
Oh brother! "panic attacks" ::)

You're prob just hyperventilating........ ...Just use the paper  bag from your moms head and get your breathing under control, slick.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 03:18:33 PM »
if there brought on by extream physical exertion like squats & deads they may not be panic.It may be a heart defect and that causes your heart to get out of rhythm...But if it turns out to just be anxiety just man up & quit being a lil bitch.I'm sick of everyone wanting to throw a pill at every little thing these days...best of luck man.
DAWG

spinnis

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 03:19:22 PM »
.I'm sick of everyone wanting to throw a pill at every little thing these days...best of luck man.

I think its called "american"

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 03:30:55 PM »
Ease up - if he can take something to ease the anxiety, take it. That is a luxury some don't have. If you have a job and decent health insurance - take something. Medicine has advanced to the point where no human shoul suffer or deal with anything unpleasant.
U

spinnis

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »
Ease up - if he can take something to ease the anxiety, take it.

Also american Im guessing?

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 03:33:36 PM »
Get a job!  ;D
U

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 03:40:03 PM »
I started getting terrible anxiety about a year ago, and had 5 fucking panic attacks last nite.

-TIA

-TMM4U

Oh, and to keep this bodybuilding related. I get HEAVY attacks right after a heavy set of deads and squats  :-X
i had them real bad, they put me on every med available and nothing worked.

so i stopped taking the meds, started drinking moderately(before i didn't drink at all), started taking long walks, and riding my motorcycle a lot more and they stopped.

i really think the long walks by myself helped more than anything.

bench

Luv_2build

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 03:44:05 PM »
if there brought on by extream physical exertion like squats & deads they may not be panic.It may be a heart defect and that causes your heart to get out of rhythm...But if it turns out to just be anxiety just man up & quit being a lil bitch.I'm sick of everyone wanting to throw a pill at every little thing these days...best of luck man.
[/b]

Agreed.  Just have some whiskey. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 03:49:46 PM »

-TIA

-TMM4U

Are you sure they are "panic" attacks and not a form of arrythmia?  Does it happen sometimes when you're laying down doing nothing?  If so, does it feel like a weight on your chest, throat closed or pressure in neck?  Light headedness accompanied by a deep pulse feeling in your neck?
:D Weee

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 03:50:40 PM »
i had them real bad, they put me on every med available and nothing worked.

so i stopped taking the meds, started drinking moderately(before i didn't drink at all), started taking long walks, and riding my motorcycle a lot more and they stopped.

i really think the long walks by myself helped more than anything.

bench

For sure man, that sounds like a great idea. I'm coming off bodybuilding drugs, so I'm sure the hormonal fluctuations might have something to do with it.

jetpower

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 03:53:19 PM »
Im guessing you're american?

already know what meds you want.. even Before going to the doctor.

try to figure out the REAL reason instead.
We're on a Social Medication System (SMS). Everyone gets their meds from drinking water: http://www.usnews.com/articles/science/2009/04/19/tons-of-released-drugs-taint-us-water.html

...except Howard

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »
Are you sure they are "panic" attacks and not a form of arrythmia?  Does it happen sometimes when you're laying down doing nothing?  If so, does it feel like a weight on your chest, throat closed or pressure in neck?  Light headedness accompanied by a deep pulse feeling in your neck?

No, I am pretty certain it is anxiety.  First I start feeling VERY weak in my legs. Then my stomach gets upset, sometimes to a point where I puke. My heart starts beating fast, and my flace flushes pale white.

Albert Schmidt

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 03:58:51 PM »
Get a better looking girlfriend.That might help. ;D

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 04:05:46 PM »
Oh brother! "panic attacks" ::)

You're prob just hyperventilating........ ...Just use the paper  bag from your moms head and get your breathing under control, slick.

Thanks Dr. SS MD  ::)  ::)

Many panic attack sufferers as well as doctors recommend breathing into a paper bag as an effective short-term treatment of an acute panic attack.[13] However, this treatment has been criticised by others as ineffective and possibly hazardous to the patient, even potentially worsening the panic attack.[14] They say it can fatally lower oxygen levels in the blood stream,[15] and increase carbon dioxide levels, which in turn has been found to be a major cause of panic attacks. [16]

It is therefore important to discover whether hyperventilation is truly involved in each case. If it is, then rebalancing the oxygen/CO2 levels in the blood and/or re-establishing an even, measured breathing pattern is an appropriate treatment which may be also achieved by extending the outbreath either by counting or even humming.[17]

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 04:21:27 PM »
Hmm i took Remeron, (antidepressant) for 2 years to help me with my insomnia, helped me a lot sleeping. But made me depressed, it supposed to be against depression  ??? So i quit for 4 months, everything went great got my energy back, felt great. Then couldnt sleep for weeks and took just a little of remeron during the day. Man o man what a mistake. Got some serious side effects that night. As soon as night came heart started beating like crazy, irregular beating+ my mind pattern went nuts for the whole night, like a damn emotional meltdown. Cried the night outside like a little baby, havent cried for 10 years. Next night the same shit, so had to take some more remeron to calm down. Never had this prior to the meds, they fuck you up, so im taking half the pil for now. Thaught i had a panick attack, but this was far worse, my breathing was fine. I thought i would die for you bitches.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 04:25:47 PM »
For sure man, that sounds like a great idea. I'm coming off bodybuilding drugs, so I'm sure the hormonal fluctuations might have something to do with it.

just remember that when you go on these walks go by yourself. the whole reason behind the walk is to clear your mind. also do not walk on a treadmill all walking needs to be done outdoors.

and drinking is fun.

bench

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »
Check your blood sugar around the time you have the attacks.

challenge

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 05:17:47 PM »
Stay away from musclebears and you should get better.

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 05:32:26 PM »
stop taking so much fina

Blücher

• Getbig II
  • "WHERE YOU STAY AT?!"-SAMSON123
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 05:40:03 PM »

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »
not knowing how kai's glutes look 2 weeks out of the olympia can be really stressful can't it

sorry couldn't resist  :D

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 05:57:30 PM »
Anxiety aren't really a joke. You should ask about them somewhere where people actually give a shit.

It could be adrenal stress overload. They could come from any number of things. Get some lab work done, get an EKG, talk to the doc. They can come on at anytime and at anyplace.

The thoughts you have during an anxiety attack can easily dictate it's outcome and longevity. Some people deal with anxiety on a low level all the time. Others just have an occasional "big one"

The more you convince yourself something is wrong, the worse they get.

Sometimes learning stress management and maybe a little Xanax can get you through a tough time. Some of the symptoms for depression are the same for anxiety. You may have to back up, regroup, and analyze the situation for a time. If you had a choice between anxiety and depression, anxiety would be like a cake-walk. Depression is a tough one to kick. Usually the folks that get it (or have it) deal with it for the rest of their lives. The SSRI's can really suck and can have some shitty side effects.  The help of a good doc or counselor, or even a friend who has been there before, can really help.

There could also be some underlying serious medical conditions or reaction to something you are taking (or coming off of)-- take it seriously, get some help,  and get some peace of mind.

Good luck.

Dr. Dyslexic. :P