Author Topic: Teaparty march in DC draws Two Million protestors!  (Read 10425 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Teaparty march in DC draws Two Million protestors!
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »
The Right gloated about having 1.5 to 2 million.

They didn't get them.

that's all that's being debated now.  i think we're underestimating how awesome it is that 60,000 people showed up in a district like DC to protest the way things are going... dems sure as hell dont have that kinda initiative since obama won.

Still, they did gloat about the numbers, and the real numbers are about 20x smaller than they gloated, so they're gonna get heat for it.  You KONW what 2 million looks like in DC - obama had it recently.  this was nowhere near that.  Irresponsible journalism to report it - even if the event organizers were screaming '2 million, baby!!'

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »
Here's one thing i love about this board...its a microcosm of America. Its pretty easy to figure out where everybody falls out on all this crap. I have to say that people here have changed their minds on Ol' Barry after the last few months. For those who haven't what exactly did ur boy say on Tuesday night? Having suffered through it, I'd have to say nothing. He provided nothing new other then he wants a bill past. He says nothing all the time...Hil would have bored us with facts, but atleast she had em. People don't want this, they want reform, u can do that easily with both parties readily agreeing and compromising. He says and does nothing.....

HH you're shootin' in all directions here. Look, if you want to repeat slogans, go ahead, but listen to what people are telling you. I, for one, did not like Obama from day 1. I did, however, miss this level of presidential scrutiny from your side when FUCKUP BUSH was in power. And he fucked up alright!! Where were you pussies then?! Huh?!

To me this is a party-less war. There's no left. There's no right. There's only the American People. But when you hear stuff about liberal this treehugger that, et cetera, you're only repeating slogans and missing the point.

So, in essence, if you want the right, and only the right, to fight this battle, you guys are doing a great job. If you want to be inclusive and worry about ALL Americans then tone it down and let's talk this out over a joint and a beer. Or both.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2009, 04:22:19 PM »
The right isn't fighting this battle...they may well be organizing it but many of these people are independents. I agree with most of ur last 2 posts. I prefer to stay on target with this one but as for slogans and blaming Bush. I won't blame him for Iraq because he thought as did many, they had weapons etc....we disagree so we can leave it at that, its not my main point. I don't blame him from deregulation or housing because the damm Dems caused as much damage and lined their pockets witn the damage that was done. I can blame Bush for taking his mandate and Congress and not slashing tons of wasteful projects and spending, especially since we were at war. We had big gov dem spending and big war repub spending, u can't have both.  And Bush was the first to intro the Tarp carp....The Repubs failed to push Bush into spending cuts along with cutting taxes....u can't have both. Now we have Barry and the knee jerk reaction to Bush, with buyers remorse. Would Hil allow douchbags like Van Johnson...would she not give facts and atleast try and work with repubs. She knew very well how Bill was able to succeed with help. This guy is a danger to this country. U dems need to take back ur party. People can't talk to this guy, he represents the far left of the party, despite his bullshit. IF this continues, he'll loose Congress and we'll be deadlocked. It won't be 1994 and compromise, it will be deadlock. Nothing will get done and this country will spiral downward. We will get attacked again, home or abroad and we may not have the power projection to do much, right off the bat. My conern remains foreign policy and the military...Barry is at the point that if he wants to get re-elected he has to pull out of Afghanistan. His base is pissed...his only allies on Afghanistan are the Repubs. There is so much....u can keep ur joint..I'll order a big draft and we can sort this out.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2009, 02:14:23 AM »
I think there were 400 000 at the Simon and Garfunkel concert in 1980.
The biggest soccer game ever had 225 000 fans.
The Million Men march, where male negroes paraded, is estimated at around 400 000.
So are any of you actually believing a 2 million number?
probably more like 10 000-20 000.
Which is still very impressive IMO.
good to see people being involved in politics.
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2009, 02:26:01 AM »
I got excited, in all the videos I've watched, I finally spotted 1 black face... unfortunately he was reporting for msnbc lol...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2009, 05:54:04 AM »
I'm not sure this thread title is accurate, in light of all the # details that have emerged

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2009, 06:02:42 AM »
I'm not sure this thread title is accurate, in light of all the # details that have emerged
but but but... This thing is growing by the day :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2009, 06:06:47 AM »
but but but... This thing is growing by the day :D

Not the march, the movement of people taking action against the leviathian we have in DC.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »
I really like how they had to attribute the original claims of 2 million to ABC News.  That was the only way to get the rumor off the ground.  Because if it were attributed to FAUX, no one would have believed it for a nanosecond as they have no credibility in the first place.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2009, 07:54:07 AM »
You guys that are calling this protest a failure are forgetting one big thing. When these protests started it only drew a few hundred people. Then a few thousend. Now it passed a hundred thousend for sure (deny it all you want). This is all in a span of months, next time it may very well be one million.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2009, 10:06:45 AM »
It's laughable how this is being played down. 

Hey, 240, Obama current ratings are just where I predicted at the beginning.  Look at the trend:  http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx?version=print

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2009, 10:11:12 AM »
Hey, 240, Obama current ratings are just where I predicted at the beginning.  Look at the trend:  http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx?version=print

Gallup has him at 53% today.

After 8 months of doing every lib move imaginable, over 1/2 of the country still supports the guy.  Unreal.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »
Gallup has him at 53% today.

After 8 months of doing every lib move imaginable, over 1/2 of the country still supports the guy.  Unreal.

The country is split 50-50,why would that surprise you.The surprising thing is that he dropped that quickly[faster then ANY president since WW2]with a media that sucks his dick every single solitary day.Hes been on the cover of TIME about 20 times.Hes been on 60 minutes three times now[that are little more then info-mercials],ABC actually HAD an info-mercial for him.

His drop shows how poorly he has done and what an absolute failure he is.He has a democratic congress,a democratic senate,a media that is fully behind EVERYTHING he is doing, and says those who oppose are racists, and yet his poll numbers plummet.Pretty staggering how quickly  he has stepped into his own pile of shit.In 7 months he has managed to bring conservatives back to life.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2009, 11:47:55 AM »
The country is split 50-50,why would that surprise you.The surprising thing is that he dropped that quickly[faster then ANY president since WW2]with a media that sucks his dick every single solitary day.Hes been on the cover of TIME about 20 times.Hes been on 60 minutes three times now[that are little more then info-mercials],ABC actually HAD an info-mercial for him.

His drop shows how poorly he has done and what an absolute failure he is.He has a democratic congress,a democratic senate,a media that is fully behind EVERYTHING he is doing, and says those who oppose are racists, and yet his poll numbers plummet.Pretty staggering how quickly  he has stepped into his own pile of shit.In 7 months he has managed to bring conservatives back to life.

Exactly - he has had the media 1000% behind him the entire time and still is only at 50%.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »
Exactly - he has had the media 1000% behind him the entire time and still is only at 50%.

The conservative media is pretty powerful, and a  political climate like this makes it more influential. The precipitous  drop has less to do with "how poorly he's done" than the fact that he's actually spent the first part of his term tying to get a lot done.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2009, 01:14:29 PM »
The conservative media is pretty powerful, and a  political climate like this makes it more influential. The precipitous  drop has less to do with "how poorly he's done" than the fact that he's actually spent the first part of his term tying to get a lot done.

Al - the problem is his priorities. 

With 10% UE and the economy in the toilet, people wonder why he would push Cap & Trade, Health Care, and continue to push budget busting programs etc. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »

FOX news is included in the media.

Is Fox news 1000% behind him, champ?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2009, 02:47:32 PM »
Fox's "Sea of People" a mile long through the mall :D

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2009, 02:49:57 PM »
Al - the problem is his priorities. 

With 10% UE and the economy in the toilet, people wonder why he would push Cap & Trade, Health Care, and continue to push budget busting programs etc. 

That's an incaccurate oversimplification.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
33, just curious. Now that we know for a fact the number of 9/12'ers was no where near 2mil, why didnt you edit the title  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2009, 02:51:53 PM »
33, just curious. Now that we know for a fact the number of 9/12'ers was no where near 2mil, why didnt you edit the title  ???

I was dreaming about banging Eva Mendez and was in a daze.  ;D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »
I was dreaming about banging Eva Mendez and was in a daze.  ;D

dreaming of hollywood movie stars.

marx was wrong. Hollywood is the epitome of the masses.

this country is going to hell in a martha stuart handbasket

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »

Ha ha.  Would you prefer me dreaming aboutr banging Palin? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2009, 02:56:06 PM »
That's an incaccurate oversimplification.

Ha ha.  Yeah, the taxpayers are just in love with the idea of being taxed to death, lose the purchasing value fo their dollar, and have a DMV style health bill rammed down their throats?   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2009, 03:02:14 PM »

Are you gay bro?