Author Topic: Lee Haney - Genetic freak - unseen footage  (Read 7951 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Lee Haney - Genetic freak - unseen footage
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 09:14:33 AM »
That's on you. Learn some history. Start with 1981 the year that befuddles ND, his weak excuses and any believable theory that the shows are legit. Then look at some of the decisions in the 70s and 90s involving Yates.  

I know the history.  I followed the stuff pretty closely from '85-'99.  I went to Olympias, the NOC almost every year, guest posings, etc.....I get it.

I don't buy into any conspiracy theories involving Yates.  You are the guys that are going against history on this one.   Yes, even the biggest Yates fans admit that '97 could've gone another direction, but he flat out dominated '92-'96, even with the bad arm.   You guys post the same pics over and over and over ad nauseum,to prove your point, but ignore all the good ones.  The fact that there was no controversy in those years at the shows, following the shows, from the competitors, judges and media shows that is you guys who are in the wrong on this  one.  It would have to be the greatest cover-up in sports history.  There was no advantage to anyone to have Yates win over guys like Levrone, Nasser, and Ray - he just plain beat them.

I'm not saying that Haney didn't deserve his wins, because the guys he beat in those years in weak fields relative to the 70s or 90s weren't great. But to then obsess on the number of his wins over weak competition as well as the fact that various great BBs were never allowed to win even once is a little much.

So, by this criteria, Ronnie Coleman is less of a champion than Yates, because he dominated weaker fields than Dorian did?

It doesn't matter.  Haney dominated for 8 years with little challenge.  When the challenge came, he retired on top, and went out at his best.

83 Olympia he did not deserve a placing above Bertil Fox, this was the beginning of the BS. Serious balance issues for Haney then as usual.

Why didn't Haney deserve this win?  I'm asking seriously.  Please show me, I really don't know much about this show to make any real contribution on it.
Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »
That's on you. Learn some history. Start with 1981 the year that befuddles ND, his weak excuses and any believable theory that the shows are legit. Then look at some of the decisions in the 70s and 90s involving Yates.  

I'm not saying that Haney didn't deserve his wins, because the guys he beat in those years in weak fields relative to the 70s or 90s weren't great. But to then obsess on the number of his wins over weak competition as well as the fact that various great BBs were never allowed to win even once is a little much.

83 Olympia with really pronounced imbalances he did not deserve a placing above Bertil Fox. This was a good indication of the BS seen in some shows.

Hahahaha have you watched the 83 Olympia? Haney was eons better than Fox , and imbalances? all Bertil had was great traps , delts , arms and pecs and that's it !! when he dieted down for a show he wasn't nearly impressive old news , you ever seen his latspreads? they sucked or his front & rear biceps shots? I mean you can't look beyond your own preferences so therefore the problem lies elsewhere instead of you , you're operating on a limited scope and you find yourself dumbfounded lol 

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
Dexter has his strengths and weaknesses but there where better bodybuilders in awe of Haney, such as Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler and Chris Cormier. All who would mop the floor with Dexter at their bests.

All who WOULD? You mean all who DID.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 09:25:22 AM »
So, please, educate us.  

Go year by year for Haney's reign, and explain to us who was more deserving than Haney on that particular year, and the reasons why they "weren't allowed to win."

Yeah, I and MANY others would like to be enlightened as well.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 09:27:49 AM »
Yeah, I and MANY others would like to be enlightened as well.

Don't expect an answer whenever pressed on his ' logic ' he runs or goes on the offensive with personal attacks or posts a few carefully selected pics and say ' see '

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »
Pumpster. Gustavo says he is 100% natural. He is lying. You are 100% idiot though. And I am not lying.

challenge

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »
Pumpster. Gustavo says he is 100% natural. He is lying. You are 100% idiot though. And I am not lying.

lol

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2009, 07:34:15 PM »
What a freak, great arms and legs lol

Fox had much better balance but Haney was the well behaved negro ND favors. No one ever accused ND of good judgement when it comes to BBs, he only toes the Weider line.

One of the most underwhelming most-musculars ever, on par with Yates.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2009, 07:36:37 PM »
Huge imbalances between the torso and too-small legs and arms - exactly 1/3 of him was great.

Weider loves followers like we have here who don't care about that and unquestioningly focus on fanboy ball-worship. ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
You gave no analysis at all of the conditions of the competitors on that given day, and you posted pics that weren't even from that show.

You didn't back up your statement at all.
Y

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2009, 11:02:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure he said he was natural too, wow! Impressive!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 12:59:23 AM »
You gave no analysis at all of the conditions of the competitors on that given day, and you posted pics that weren't even from that show.

You didn't back up your statement at all.

exactly ! he can't & he wont , typical pumpster when pressed on his ' opinion ' make the same blanket statements add in a personal attack all while avoiding the subject at hand.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 01:19:31 AM »
You want to talk about balance issues?  Bertil's delts , arms , pecs are traps all belong to a heavyweight bodybuilder his back belonged to a lightweight , no way was his back up to par with his other parts , he had great calves and ho-hum quads , a long torso and high lats. just because he has a great most muscular a pose you think is the only one that matters doesn't mean much when you consider the rest of his poses which is how contests are judged .

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 02:29:11 AM »
Lee had a outstanding Physique, the thing with Lee like Dorian after him (Yates pre tear) is that because their arms didn't stand out like some of the peers of there time at the top, people are quick to say "oh look at their arms they are crap, or not in "proportion" with the rest of their physiques, the same people don't want to talk about HOW the WHOLE physique is ACTUALLY judged when they are in front of the judges, relaxed, quarter turns, back, etc...its not about "well look Bertils arms they are way better/bigger than Lees" or Dillets arms are 10 times better than Yates" etc, the judges are judging the WHOLE PHYSQIUE, Skeletal Structure, balance, symmetry, then conditioning etc etc comes in...Thats why Lee and Dorian won all those titles because they presented on a more CONSISTENT bias those criteria better than there competion, i dont buy the politics theory at all with Lee or Dorian (although 1980 and 81 will always have Legitimate angles for the politics argument) the fact that Lees arms never stood out and to a extent Dorian pre tear makes no overall effect on the judges as say someone with shoulder width problems, shallow chest, overpowering arms, weak back, hamstrings, calves etc etc, the Judges are Judging the OVER ALL PHYSQIUE, SKELTURAL STRUCTURE, BALANCE...not who has better bodyparts.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2009, 03:11:20 AM »
Haney had a great back in an era when his nearest rivals weren't even close in the back department. Delts were great too. Arms and legs not great, but good calves. Quite Yates-like in his qualities actually yeah. Haney's last appearance his arms looks pretty good. It's a shame guys like Bertil/Strydom didn't prioritise back, or maybe they did, but they both disappeared when they turned around. Like Shawn Ray said about Nasser, no-one who is sub-top-10 from the back should be top 2 in the world over-all.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2009, 04:13:59 AM »
I'll take the informed opinion of none other than the great Sergio Oliva, who said exactly what i did about both Weider darlings, the grossly unbalanced Haney and Yates. He blows them both  out.

I'll take his no BS assessment any day over disparate Weider shills and various getbig knuckleheads who are heavily brainwashed by whomever Weider decided to foist on the public at any particular time. ;) To believe that politics haven't been a huge factor in various years is truly stupid - politics were a big enough factor that most of the best BBs of the late 70s and early 80s either left the IFBB or retired.

Fox was far less flawed, far more balanced and had more muscle on his frame. Even at less than ideal conditioning in '83 he was clearly better than Haney for sure and slightly better than Samir, as seen on video.

I love the naivete in dismissing politics, claiming that it's "all angles and lighting". Right! ::)

Let's face it, the hangers on and uninmformed masses will generally back whomever the 'winner" was, whatever brand Weider decided to shove down the publics throat. What the truly unaware like ND will never accept is that personality is a big factor in the olympia winner, and should be part of the judging criterion. Haney, Samir and Yates had a big edge there in that category, in Weider's eyes. This was said to me be a previous olympia winner-wake up folks lol

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2009, 05:28:35 AM »
My question is, if so many people are in agreement that the bodies of the late 70s/early 80s are those they like most, then why do we keep pumping money into the IFBB and the hardcore mags that promote the bodies that none of us like?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2009, 06:21:59 AM »

I love the naivete in dismissing politics, claiming that it's "all angles and lighting". Right! ::)

Let's face it, the hangers on and uninmformed masses will generally back whomever the 'winner" was, whatever brand Weider decided to shove down the publics throat. What the truly unaware like ND will never accept is that personality is a big factor in the olympia winner, and should be part of the judging criterion. Haney, Samir and Yates had a big edge there in that category, in Weider's eyes. This was said to me be a previous olympia winner-wake up folks lol

Nobody is dismissing anything.  That's why I asked for your critique of the contest.  You didn't provide anything I couldn't have found in a few minutes with google.  I'm just going to assume that you don't know anything about the contest, and that you've cherry picked a quote that fits your subjectivity.

But, as to the personality stuff, you're saying Yates had a better personality than guys like Ray, etc?  You're getting into Twilight Zone material here.   Ray would have been an ideal spokesperson.
Y

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2009, 06:39:26 AM »
Lee had a outstanding Physique, the thing with Lee like Dorian after him (Yates pre tear) is that because their arms didn't stand out like some of the peers of there time at the top, people are quick to say "oh look at their arms they are crap, or not in "proportion" with the rest of their physiques, the same people don't want to talk about HOW the WHOLE physique is ACTUALLY judged when they are in front of the judges, relaxed, quarter turns, back, etc...its not about "well look Bertils arms they are way better/bigger than Lees" or Dillets arms are 10 times better than Yates" etc, the judges are judging the WHOLE PHYSQIUE, Skeletal Structure, balance, symmetry, then conditioning etc etc comes in...Thats why Lee and Dorian won all those titles because they presented on a more CONSISTENT bias those criteria better than there competion, i dont buy the politics theory at all with Lee or Dorian (although 1980 and 81 will always have Legitimate angles for the politics argument) the fact that Lees arms never stood out and to a extent Dorian pre tear makes no overall effect on the judges as say someone with shoulder width problems, shallow chest, overpowering arms, weak back, hamstrings, calves etc etc, the Judges are Judging the OVER ALL PHYSQIUE, SKELTURAL STRUCTURE, BALANCE...not who has better bodyparts.

super silky thread there johhny......compelling

two gods right there Yates and Lee...Lee was so good....dorian a monster....beautiful packages....ronnie in 2001........that what BB is all about.....

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2009, 08:44:25 AM »
I'll take the informed opinion of none other than the great Sergio Oliva, who said exactly what i did about both Weider darlings, the grossly unbalanced Haney and Yates. He blows them both  out.

I'll take his no BS assessment any day over disparate Weider shills and various getbig knuckleheads who are heavily brainwashed by whomever Weider decided to foist on the public at any particular time. ;) To believe that politics haven't been a huge factor in various years is truly stupid - politics were a big enough factor that most of the best BBs of the late 70s and early 80s either left the IFBB or retired.

Fox was far less flawed, far more balanced and had more muscle on his frame. Even at less than ideal conditioning in '83 he was clearly better than Haney for sure and slightly better than Samir, as seen on video.

You still provide no real evidence!?  Sergio's opinion is how you get your information?  Sounds logical to me!  ::)

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2009, 09:09:23 AM »
Lee Haney is an 8 time Mr Olympia.......Sergio is a 3 time Mr Olympia.....both men were outstanding......but as far as wow appeal.....for me.....Haney takes the cake......much better chest and shoulders as well as traps.

The only area that oliva has on Haney is arms.......Haney had much better upper body......imho

also, Haney was a much better human being....always looking to give back to his fellow humans......seems like sergio always wants somebody to do something for him. Haney has a wonderful wife and children.

Haney also was a fantastic poser......Oliva was far from a great poser.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2009, 09:18:08 AM »
Let's face it, the hangers on and uninmformed masses will generally back whomever the 'winner" was, whatever brand Weider decided to shove down the publics throat.

This is a great point, because this affects us all. When a bodybuilder is declared a winner, everybody looks at him differently.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 09:21:08 AM »
You want to talk about balance issues?  Bertil's delts , arms , pecs are traps all belong to a heavyweight bodybuilder his back belonged to a lightweight , no way was his back up to par with his other parts , he had great calves and ho-hum quads , a long torso and high lats. just because he has a great most muscular a pose you think is the only one that matters doesn't mean much when you consider the rest of his poses which is how contests are judged .

the only thing deficient about his back is his inability to pose right

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 09:44:56 AM »
Lee Haney is an 8 time Mr Olympia.......Sergio is a 3 time Mr Olympia.....both men were outstanding......but as far as wow appeal.....for me.....Haney takes the cake......much better chest and shoulders as well as traps.

The only area that oliva has on Haney is arms.......Haney had much better upper body......imho

also, Haney was a much better human being....always looking to give back to his fellow humans......seems like sergio always wants somebody to do something for him. Haney has a wonderful wife and children.

Haney also was a fantastic poser......Oliva was far from a great poser.
QFT

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:32 AM »

I'll take the informed opinion of none other than the great Sergio Oliva, who said exactly what i did about both Weider darlings, the grossly unbalanced Haney and Yates. He blows them both  out.

You mean the bitter opinion of Sergio Oliva who cried politics because he couldn't look past his own weaknesses and relied to much on his genetics to save him that Sergio? The Sergio who blamed everyone else for his shortcomings?

The same Sergio who entered a non-IFBB contest and was still beat by Bill Pearl ? who bitched an moaned ? or how he complained the Weider's were still holding him down in his return to the IFBB in 84/85? it fits right into the scheme of delusion and conspiracy

I'll take his no BS assessment any day over disparate Weider shills and various getbig knuckleheads who are heavily brainwashed by whomever Weider decided to foist on the public at any particular time. ;) To believe that politics haven't been a huge factor in various years is truly stupid - politics were a big enough factor that most of the best BBs of the late 70s and early 80s either left the IFBB or retired

if you believe contests are fixed than every contest Sergio won was fixed as well , you can't have it both ways ..the Weider's handpicked Sergio to win for whatever reason and when they didn't need him anymore they fixed it so Arnold beat him , spare me

]Fox was far less flawed, far more balanced and had more muscle on his frame. Even at less than ideal conditioning in '83 he was clearly better than Haney for sure and slightly better than Samir, as seen on video.

Less flawed? you keep saying this but never offer up any explanation on how or why , how was he less flawed than Haney? he has a long torso , high lats , short legs , you say Haney's arms are undersized for his torso , Fox's are over-sized in relation to his , he has heavyweights arms and lightweights back and I'm glad you touched on the subject of conditioning because that was one of his main problems he rarely came in sharp and when he did he lost all his size , he was most certainly not better than Haney in 83 and no way , shape of form even close to Samir NO ONE was that year NO ONE , the fact you think he was is in line with your bias & delusion

personality? are you insane? Yates had NO personality to speak of , he was always quiet and ran back to England after he won , he didn't have a sparkling personality like Arnold , he wasn't outgoing and charismatic , he was shy and reserved . and you're so full of shit a former Mr Olympia told you that your stories are getting more fanciful all the time .

Fox may have had an easy go against shit competition in the WABBA but when he faced real competition he folded , you want to believe your heros were better than what they were and the man was holding them down it fits right into your personality more power to you but the rest of us know they just couldn't tie everything together when they needed to NO conspiracy needed