Author Topic: Brittish Grand Pix 1999 (awesome lighning one)  (Read 7198 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Brittish Grand Pix 1999 (awesome lighning one)
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 05:38:13 PM »
  I've said it before that all the guys at that contest look a million times better than they did at any other contest, exclusively because of the lighting. But not, according to Hulkster, it's only the physique. So I wonder how all bodybuilders peaked perfectly for that contest and then missed their peak for others. Dorian 95' would have looked like a cartoon superhero unhder those lights.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

That type of lighting favor's darker skinned guys although Levrone looked pretty good under it and he's lighter than those guys , he actually commented on the lighting affecting his physique vs theirs , I wonder how Dorian would have looked

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »
Dorian 95' would have looked like a cartoon superhero unhder those lights

LOL

the best lighting in the world cannot take smooth detail-less muscle and make it look good. sorry.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »
^

hahahaa

the lighting would have highlighted the lack of cuts, smoothness and absence of freaky vascularity.

dorian would have looked worse.
Flower Boy Ran Away

suckmymuscle

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
LOL

the best lighting in the world cannot take smooth detail-less muscle and make it look good. sorry.

You are an idiot. I wish someone would post how Ronnie looked backstage at the 99' Olympia to shut your mouth. Like two completely different bodybuilders.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 05:49:37 PM »
meltdown because of harsh truth.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 05:50:57 PM »
I wish someone would post how Ronnie looked backstage at the 99' Olympia to shut your mouth

he looked like he was from another planet, just like onstage :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 05:59:44 PM »
crazy side chest from the top 3
Flower Boy Ran Away

Stavios

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 09:28:49 PM »
Milos was huge for this show too

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 02:25:19 AM »
Milos was huge for this show too
Hate to say but the madman looks fantastic there.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 03:00:22 AM »
nope. the full effect didn't begin until his supposed "best ever" (SIC) shape at the 2001 AC.. :-X
I agree. Many cite this 01 Arnold, but yes, Coleman's look was very over rated in that show.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 03:42:15 AM »
I agree. Many cite this 01 Arnold, but yes, Coleman's look was very over rated in that show.

exactly. this is something that nuthuggers like ND cannot grasp. ::)

they go with the flow rather than go with what reality proves to be the truth.

best ever at the AC? hell no.

the year 99 was much better: much less of a gut too
Flower Boy Ran Away

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 06:11:19 AM »
dorian couldnt hold ronnies shoe laces
L

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 11:40:12 AM »
^

hahahaa

the lighting would have highlighted the lack of cuts, smoothness and absence of freaky vascularity.

dorian would have looked worse.

Further proof of your stupidity. 

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »

Only thing Hulkster is good for is endlessly posting the same bunch of pics from the 99 Olympia and showing us all how little he knows / understands of competitive bodybuilding.

Hulkster, your posts about Dorian Yates, esp. in this thread, put you in the same intellectual league as Matt T, no offense ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 12:06:59 PM »
Only thing Hulkster is good for is endlessly posting the same bunch of pics from the 99 Olympia and showing us all how little he knows / understands of competitive bodybuilding.

Hulkster, your posts about Dorian Yates, esp. in this thread, put you in the same intellectual league as Matt T, no offense ;D
nah, hes comparing dorian to ronnie. when you do that, dorian gets crushed. only racists think otherwise.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 12:12:24 PM »
nah, hes comparing dorian to ronnie. when you do that, dorian gets crushed. only racists think otherwise.

I'm talking about his posts about Dorian

If Dorian in the clip above is smooth, detail-less and lacks cuts, then I wish I could be that smooth, detail-less and lack cuts.

If you want to see a bodybuilder of that description, see Jay in the 07 Mr Olympia.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 12:14:10 PM »

f##kin frankstein's monster's cousin...just muscle put together.  what did he have on the weiders for him to be a 6 time mro.  4 and he should have been out the door.
Oh...Monica!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 12:30:22 PM »

hahahahhahahahaha overrated , enough said

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 12:32:37 PM »

You think Ronnie is a racist?  ??? anyone who thinks that Dorian couldn't beat Coleman at his best is either ignorant on how contests are judged or racist . you pick which one you are  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 12:33:58 PM »
exactly. this is something that nuthuggers like ND cannot grasp. ::)

they go with the flow rather than go with what reality proves to be the truth.

best ever at the AC? hell no.

the year 99 was much better: much less of a gut too

wow another guy who agrees with you lmao that makes three now?

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 12:38:22 PM »
You think Ronnie is a racist?  ??? anyone who thinks that Dorian couldn't beat Coleman at his best is either ignorant on how contests are judged or racist . you pick which one you are  ;)

I think we should call you an "IFBB Fundamentalist" You are really no different then someone with a lot of religious zeal constantly using circular logic to try and validate their faith. Rather then just going by common sense, (most people would agree that at their respective primes Dorian isnt in the same league as Ronnie), you like to use all sorts of contrived argumants healrding the infallible IFBB judging, standards, and practices.  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2009, 12:47:44 PM »
I think we should call you an "IFBB Fundamentalist" You are really no different then someone with a lot of religious zeal constantly using circular logic to try and validate their faith. Rather then just going by common sense, (most people would agree that at their respective primes Dorian isnt in the same league as Ronnie), you like to use all sorts of contrived argumants healrding the infallible IFBB judging, standards, and practices.  ::)

And I think I'll point out while you're claiming I'm using flawed logic in trying to prove Dorian could beat Ronnie you , yourself is using flawed logic the old appeal to numbers . most people would agree that Dorian isn't in the same league  ::)

NO circular logic needed Dorian is a man who faced Ronnie on eight separate occasions and defeated all eight time , you're delusional to claim Dorian couldn't beat Ronnie in fact Dorian would be the odds on favorite if a hypothetical showing ever took place and FYI contests aren't judged by ' common sense '

Ronnie himself felt Dorian could beat him I guess his opinion matters less than the masses  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2009, 12:51:19 PM »

Great post ! as usual spot-on about how stupid Hulkster can be

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »
I think we should call you an "IFBB Fundamentalist" You are really no different then someone with a lot of religious zeal constantly using circular logic to try and validate their faith. Rather then just going by common sense, (most people would agree that at their respective primes Dorian isnt in the same league as Ronnie), you like to use all sorts of contrived argumants healrding the infallible IFBB judging, standards, and practices.  ::)

Actually, he understands judging criteria better than nearly everyone else here and always backs up his assertions with logical arguments. And the IFBB's judging criteria is very fair and sensible, cause otherwise, we'd have guys like Shawn and Flex placing higher than guys like Dorian and Ronnie, simply because the former have the aesthetic, "pretty" look that the latter don't.

I saw you argue in the other thread that Shawn ought to have placed higher than Dorian in the 95 Olympia. That would kill bodybuilding, cause it means that the guys with naturally inferior shapes would always lose out to those who have a more pleasing look. But bodybuilding is about more criteria than shape alone - it's about who has the most strengths and conditioning, over who looks most appealing from an aesthetic point of view.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2009, 12:59:36 PM »
And I think I'll point out while you're claiming I'm using flawed logic in trying to prove Dorian could beat Ronnie you , yourself is using flawed logic the old appeal to numbers . most people would agree that Dorian isn't in the same league  ::)

NO circular logic needed Dorian is a man who faced Ronnie on eight separate occasions and defeated all eight time , you're delusional to claim Dorian couldn't beat Ronnie in fact Dorian would be the odds on favorite if a hypothetical showing ever took place and FYI contests aren't judged by ' common sense '

Ronnie himself felt Dorian could beat him I guess his opinion matters less than the masses  ;D

While my statement holds, (from a pragmatic standpoint), that most sensible people, would not put Dorian in the same league as a prime Ronnie, I will concede that it wouldn't have much merit in a serious philosophical discussion.

That being said...this does not absolve you of what is practically a religious devotion to the IFBB despite how seemingly absurd any of their decisions may seem. Why it is so difficult to point out the flaws, and incongurincies of what the IFBB has executed over the years, (in contrast to the aesthetic paradigm they supposedly uphold themselves to), is beyond me.

To put this in more simple terms... An Olympia caliber physique shouldn't be sporting a huge gut. Period. Dorian was a poor standard-barer for this reason, and quite arguably did more to damage bodybuilding by ushering in his style, then any other reason. Thats not to say that there isn't a lot to respect about Dorian...(there is...no question), but he did not fit the criteria of an aesthetic physique...and if you don't fit that criteria...then you shouldn't be Mr. Olympia...