Author Topic: Peter Schiff warns of bread lines and says UE will get far worse.  (Read 4322 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Peter Schiff warns of bread lines and says UE will get far worse.
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 11:18:18 AM »
recently i seem to be leaning more and more towards the right....

the far right might not like us brownies...but damn at least they dont try to shit on the ones that r making good money...or worked hard to get there...
carpe` vaginum!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 12:15:12 PM »
Sept 4 2009

A Record 35 Million on Food Stamps

Record breaking numbers received food stamps in June, the Department of Agriculture said on Thursday, with more than 35 million Americans receiving assistance. The numbers are 22 percent higher than in June 2008. The number of Americans receiving food stamps rose by more than 700,000 people compared to May. The USDA administers the food stamp program, which was renamed in October as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, through its Food and Nutrition Service. The program helps to cover grocery costs for poor Americans.

Good post.  It would look even worse than the great depression if 35 million people were in lines across the nation in need for food. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2009, 01:16:35 PM »
Good post.  It would look even worse than the great depression if 35 million people were in lines across the nation in need for food. 

that would be 11% of the population.

What % of the population were in bread lines, back in the day?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2009, 01:19:12 PM »
that would be 11% of the population.

What % of the population were in bread lines, back in the day?

How the hell do I know? 

The other difference is that more people back then grew food in gardens and on farms.  Now they just scream in the streets with SEIU & ACORN signs and demand free stuff.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 12:19:17 PM »
I hope this man gets in the Senate.  He has more understanding of basic economics than the 535 fools in the congress and Senate combined. 

Looks like Peter was right again. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 01:48:48 PM »
Sept 4 2009

A Record 35 Million on Food Stamps

Record breaking numbers received food stamps in June, the Department of Agriculture said on Thursday, with more than 35 million Americans receiving assistance. The numbers are 22 percent higher than in June 2008. The number of Americans receiving food stamps rose by more than 700,000 people compared to May. The USDA administers the food stamp program, which was renamed in October as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, through its Food and Nutrition Service. The program helps to cover grocery costs for poor Americans.

We had a girl here who was getting 700 a month in food stamps.Are you kidding me?Thats a freaking joke.Most families who work dont buy that much groceries.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 02:06:34 PM »
I hope this man gets in the Senate.  He has more understanding of basic economics than the 535 fools in the congress and Senate combined. 

Funny how the unemployment rate is so misrepresented.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2010, 02:41:17 PM »
Schiff is spot on but Team kneepad wnot listen. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 09:33:03 PM »
 ::)

One way to have the masses accept whatever future you throw at them is to paint one that is twice as bleak as the half-bleak one they're about to get.  If I threaten over and over again to murder you, and instead I only break your arm... what a relief!   8)

As long as AJ and others keep screaming "Martial Law!", and the "jack-booted thugs" never actually show up on the streets... then everyone can relax, right?  We can't be under authoritarianism, because it doesn't look like the picture we've been painting in our minds.

It's the same as the Big Brother ploy - keep everyone the lookout for that one big dictator, and as long as those Saddam-sized posters never appear, there must not be any dictator.  Instead, it's dictatorship by committee.  Much, much better.   :?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
crickets

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 09:33:41 PM »
strange. same time on two diff days

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »
 ::)

One way to have the masses accept whatever future you throw at them is to paint one that is twice as bleak as the half-bleak one they're about to get.  If I threaten over and over again to murder you, and instead I only break your arm... what a relief!   8)

As long as AJ and others keep screaming "Martial Law!", and the "jack-booted thugs" never actually show up on the streets... then everyone can relax, right?  We can't be under authoritarianism, because it doesn't look like the picture we've been painting in our minds.

It's the same as the Big Brother ploy - keep everyone the lookout for that one big dictator, and as long as those Saddam-sized posters never appear, there must not be any dictator.  Instead, it's dictatorship by committee.  Much, much better.   :?

strange you would post this now.  I was just thinking about this the other day.  I got to wondering why people don't seem to give a rats ass at the undeniable progression heading us into an orwellian police state.  then I started thinking about a lot of the movies I like.  They always show the worst case senerio in a futuristic fashion.  Some like V for Vendetta attempt to do a good job of showing a progression that the viewer can connect to, but most of the time the image so beyond what see today that I've started to wonder if those movies don't just actually end up making people feel good about where the country is today rather than have them question where we are. :-\  And I'm not sure Alex is doing this on purpose, but the result I agree may be the same.  People like Alex may just enable the masses to look at where we are and feel good.

But there is a valid point in warning/depicting where the current progression of events is heading. 

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 09:55:36 PM »
Just make sure you're not behind Goudy in the bread line...  :P

that guy was funny  ;D
TEAM LAURA LEE!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 02:18:38 AM »
recently i seem to be leaning more and more towards the right....

the far right might not like us brownies...but damn at least they dont try to shit on the ones that r making good money...or worked hard to get there...

It's a pretty disturbing realization isn't it? Or is it that since the neo con cockroaches have gone,
...or at least crawled back into the crevices, ...it seems alot safer to come out?  ???
w

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 09:43:13 PM »
But there is a valid point in warning/depicting where the current progression of events is heading. 

yes definitely!

for the amount of time schiff has been on the scene and where he is doing his interviews [fucking RussiaToday, come on!!] it's fishy as fuck. k we get it, the sky is falling blah blah blah. I'm not trying to be an ass here. after so much time and suffering we should be experiencing by now this guy shoulda got a fucking medal for his observations. instead what do we get? more distractions. more of the same, don't blame it on his opposition, keynesians [sp] or w/e dem/rep /./ hes part of the system and making a pretty penny as the town crier/
he's a paid dupe.