Getbig Female Info Boards > Open Talk for Girl Discussion
Do the right thing!
(1/4) > >>
BayGBM:
Should I out my daughter?

Q: My daughter, in her late 20s, has a same-sex partner. Most of our very large, very Catholic family knows this except my husband’s parents.They have a summer home, and their rule is that nonmarried children and their opposite-sex partners may not share a bedroom. My daughter and her partner often claim a small room for two, and her grandparents regard the girls, who live together, as good friends. My younger daughter thinks it unfair that she and her boyfriend must sleep in separate rooms. We have a family reunion coming up. Should I say something to my in-laws about my older daughter? NAME WITHHELD

A: It is not you but your daughter who may decide if she is to come out to her grandparents. If there were some sort of emergency that compelled this revelation — a complicated science-fiction scenario in which thwarting an alien invasion demanded the intervention of some sort of heroic interstellar lesbian and your daughter were reluctant to step up, well, then perhaps you could announce, “She is gay enough to battle the slime creatures and save the planet.” But you may not pre-empt so consequential and intimate a decision merely out of deference to a house rule.

Instead you should tell your daughter to adhere to that rule or find another place to stay. If her grandparents want to live a certain way in their own house, maintaining a sort of moral Colonial Williamsburg, then so be it. Your daughter should not exploit their obliviousness to cadge a free room.
Eyeball Chambers:
Out her, she shouldn't deceive her grandparents.  :-\
tonymctones:
who cares the real question is why are gay dudes allowed in male locker rooms but im not allowed in female locker rooms?  >:( ;D ;)

drkaje:

--- Quote from: tonymctones on September 24, 2009, 07:19:02 PM ---who cares the real question is why are gay dudes allowed in male locker rooms but im not allowed in female locker rooms?  >:( ;D ;)

--- End quote ---

It's discrimination!!!
benchmstr:

--- Quote from: tonymctones on September 24, 2009, 07:19:02 PM ---who cares the real question is why are gay dudes allowed in male locker rooms but im not allowed in female locker rooms?  >:( ;D ;)

--- End quote ---
valid point, i am writing my congressman!!!!

bench
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version