Author Topic: the 202 class  (Read 3190 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: the 202 class
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »
Because "midgets" can usually beat a taller competitor. Still see you haven't quite caught on to this "sport" (oh brother)

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 08:19:30 PM »
The line up was very impressive and what should bodybuilders should look like. BUt that's not what everyone wants these days. Those bastards were pretty big for 202. The guy that placed 3rd looked great. English looked good but I didn't think he should have got 1st. It should have been Henry or the guy who placed 3rd, just can't remeber his name. Dugdale looked good also.
I agree that the guy who was third - E Correa (sp) should have won.

I dont think however if they keep rewarding guys like English with the wins that the 202 class will ever succeed. If they do, all you will see is basically midgets who are short and stocky. This would defeat the purpose of havin the class anyway?

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 02:58:10 AM »
Because "midgets" can usually beat a taller competitor. Still see you haven't quite caught on to this "sport" (oh brother)
haha  joeloco QFT

and doesnt kevin english run the gym for Big Steve?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 06:58:40 AM »
David Henry should have won. 

I think Kevin english (I'm not sure of his name) was too BIG for David Henry.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 07:29:06 AM »
JUST about every guy was in good to great shape,arntz,mcquay,dixon,flex lewis,correa,dugdale,really good showing all.

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 08:13:01 AM »
I also agree that Eduardo Correa should have won. He had the perfect package of size, symmetry, condition, overall balance. He is probably one of the most marketable bodybuilders seen in a long time. But since this was his first Olympia (he just turned pro a few months ago) and based on IFBB Pro realities, it is not always the best guys who wins. He is not from the US, does not train in the gym of one of the judges, does not have a sponsor who sponsors that show, etc.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 11:55:42 AM »
1. it isnt a sport

2. bodybuilding is about the illusion of strength and power to a large degree - noone wants a 5'4 mr olympia.

3. hope this helps

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »
I also agree that Eduardo Correa should have won. He had the perfect package of size, symmetry, condition, overall balance. He is probably one of the most marketable bodybuilders seen in a long time. But since this was his first Olympia (he just turned pro a few months ago) and based on IFBB Pro realities, it is not always the best guys who wins. He is not from the US, does not train in the gym of one of the judges, does not have a sponsor who sponsors that show, etc.

sour grapes=you