Author Topic: Chick's Olympia Thread  (Read 32925 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Chick's Olympia Thread
« Reply #250 on: October 02, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »
Whats funny is that the current list of prohormones are the ones that replaced the OLD ones...all they do is make the scientists go back to the lab and invent a new batch with a different name that doesnt fit into the old criteria...

I'm still trying to figure out what the downfall is....no one is knocking over banks or old Lady's, or ending up in rehab, or taking out their families, or going broke, etc...but, as I stated earlier..smoking, alcohol, obesity, gambling, etc are all legal and accepted...and encouraged.

Welfare fraud, unemployment, deadbeat dads, crime, taxes, healthcare, pedo's, rec drug dealers,  corrupt politicians/ cops...things the govt SHOULD be focusing their (OUR) money and attention on...

What do they choose to pursue? Steroids and prostitution...two victimless "crimes"
Could agree with you more Bob.

I dont understand it at all, it doesnt make sense.

I just hope this isnt indicative of the direction that supplement companies will be forced to go in, will it stop with prohormones or pretty soon who knows maybe all that will be on the market will be whey and creatine......Just look at the whole hydroxycut fiasco, what was it, 2 ppl that had reported liver issues and they pulled it off the market.

If these supplement companies arent going to be making money then how will bb'ing make money?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: October 02, 2009, 05:22:29 PM »
Whats funny is that the current list of prohormones are the ones that replaced the OLD ones...all they do is make the scientists go back to the lab and invent a new batch with a different name that doesnt fit into the old criteria...

I'm still trying to figure out what the downfall is....no one is knocking over banks or old Lady's, or ending up in rehab, or taking out their families, or going broke, etc...but, as I stated earlier..smoking, alcohol, obesity, gambling, etc are all legal and accepted...and encouraged.

Welfare fraud, unemployment, deadbeat dads, crime, taxes, healthcare, pedo's, rec drug dealers,  corrupt politicians/ cops...things the govt SHOULD be focusing their (OUR) money and attention on...

What do they choose to pursue? Steroids and prostitution...two victimless "crimes"

The feds look like complete bucktoothed retards on this "bust". I actually believe they think   "Halo- anabolic activator " is a STEROID *hey, the name has anablic in it soooooo it must be some roids hehehehe.
It times like this with the feds, that make me realize we will NEVER get any sensible, intelligent dialogue on steroid use in sports from the Government.

This recent Olympia however, made me feel GREAT about pro bodybuilding again. In my book, a well run contest with great physiques on stage is what matters. At the end of the day, the drugs are a NON issue for me as a fan.
FYI, ya did good up there as MC Bob. Too bad the female commentators were not nearly as good.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #252 on: October 02, 2009, 05:27:46 PM »
The feds look like complete bucktoothed retards on this "bust". I actually believe they think   "Halo- anabolic activator " is a STEROID *hey, the name has anablic in it soooooo it must be some roids hehehehe.
It times like this with the feds, that make me realize we will NEVER get any sensible, intelligent dialogue on steroid use in sports from the Government.

This recent Olympia however, made me feel GREAT about pro bodybuilding again. In my book, a well run contest with great physiques on stage is what matters. At the end of the day, the drugs are a NON issue for me as a fan.
FYI, ya did good up there as MC Bob. Too bad the female commentators were not nearly as good.

Thanks Howie...too bad you couldnt make it, even with the two comp VIP tickets...dont worry bro, I'll hook you up again in the future.

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #253 on: October 02, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »
Appreciate the thread Chick - Many thanks.

Can you answer what happened to the trend change from last year though? I thought the IFBB had decided to steer away from the massive unsymmetrical, ugly, highly drugged physiques - hence Dex last year and the aesthetic guys placing higher all last year. Why the U-Turn??  

Cheers

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #254 on: October 02, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »
bob,there was a accident backstage after the presconfrence between Gustavo and Silvio or thats not true?

I noticed at the prejudging that, when they were doing a rear double biceps pose, they bumped arms and Gustavo said something to Silvio and pushed his arm a little. Silvio said something back and one of the expediters said something to both of them and that was it. Didn't look like they liked one another.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2009, 05:30:52 PM »
Thanks Howie...too bad you couldnt make it, even with the two comp VIP tickets...dont worry bro, I'll hook you up again in the future.

Serious question Bob......

what happened to my 2 comped VIP passes?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2009, 05:32:05 PM »
Appreciate the thread Chick - Many thanks.

Can you answer what happened to the trend change from last year though? I thought the IFBB had decided to steer away from the massive unsymmetrical, ugly, highly drugged physiques - hence Dex last year and the aesthetic guys placing higher all last year. Why the U-Turn??  

Cheers

There is no "trend change"....I'm not sure where this noyion came from...Dexter was on, and Jay was off last year...simple as that.

They (judges) dont look for any specific "look"...they are looking for the best combination.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2009, 05:32:47 PM »
I noticed at the prejudging that, when they were doing a rear double biceps pose, they bumped arms and Gustavo said something to Silvio and pushed his arm a little. Silvio said something back and one of the expediters said something to both of them and that was it. Didn't look like they liked one another.

Latin Bravado

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »
Serious question Bob......

what happened to my 2 comped VIP passes?

They sold to someone who paid for them

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2009, 05:38:17 PM »
There is no "trend change"....I'm not sure where this noyion came from...Dexter was on, and Jay was off last year...simple as that.

They (judges) dont look for any specific "look"...they are looking for the best combination.
Noyion?!

Thought it was pretty well publicised last year ... No worries though. I must have heard from the wrong sources.

My opinion is that this year they voted the 2 ugliest physiques tops - NO artistry or muscle sculpture at all. Sad but true.
The idea of the Olympia originally, was to celebrate THE most perfectly developed man ...... Not any more.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »
Latin Bravado

Exactly!
Great job by both you and Dan this year Chick! You guys keep getting better each year.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2009, 05:51:17 PM »

Yah, people always say that. They want more the Zane/Paris look. I do too. But when I see a beast like Jay or Ronnie then it's a different story. When Jay first walked out I was like "Oh, shit." When he stood next to Dexter I was like "Oh, double shit."

I've come to terms with the fact that bodybuilding is not a beauty contest. It's about seeing larger than life monsters that make your jaw drop and say, "Oh shit."
Personally, I wouldn't want to look like that and obviously I have nothing to worry about in that department but to see what the human body can do. To see what Jay, who everybody wrote off including me, accomplished that night is legendary and will be spoken of in hushed and awed tones for generations to come.

This charismatically challenged, middle class, white boy from Sterling, Mass really showed what kind of stuff he is made of. This monotone voiced machine really brought some excitement and inspiration to bodybuilding.

Who would have thought?

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2009, 06:01:35 PM »
chick,

what are your thoughts on ruhl's showing?

from the webcast, he dwarfed everybody.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »
chick,

Yeah, Ruhl always gets screwed. Not only is he a beast he's so wildly popular with the fans and a real crowd pleaser. How he placed so low is a mystery to me. What's the dealio?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2009, 06:10:12 PM »
chick,

I personally thought he was pretty damn good...not the pretty physique by any means, but the best he's been in some time

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2009, 02:28:16 AM »
Bob you did really great job out there and no one could have done better job than you!  ;)

I would like to know your opinions about Phil Heath showings at both Pre-judging & the Final.

Do you think he was like a different human being in just 24 hours..?

For me if Phil looked at PJ the way he did at the final, he could have placed 2nd easily for sure. 
Corvette Lover

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2009, 03:43:50 AM »
Chick, as always, your hair was luxurious and majestic. The irrational jealousy it inspires is almost understandable.

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2009, 04:25:24 AM »
Chick, as always, your hair was luxurious and majestic. The irrational jealousy it inspires is almost understandable.

Chick's hair is flawless, but his wardrobe scares me.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2009, 05:21:13 AM »
lol, i wouldnt ever want a pair of those is if they were free.

sure you wouldn't

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »
Despite your grand opinions on what the government should do, your employer should have enough common sense to comply with the feds.

If you knew what you were talking about (which you clearly do not)...the employees have nothing to do with it. It's even subjective that BB.com has anything to do with it....what it has to do with is the governments insistance to get their hands on and regulate a industry that brings in billions of dollars a year and the pharmacuitical industrys tie in...

Were talking about Pro-hormones, and the gray area in which they occupy, not a supp, not a steroid...BB.com doesnt manufacture supps...individual companies do, which we stock and sell.

Instead of wasting millions of taxpayer dollars on this witch hunt of the supplement market...the goverment sits back and does NOTHING about alcohol/ tobacco which are LEGAL and account for more deaths per year than any other single factor, ar any of them combined...

Bottom line is, thereis big $$$$$$$$ in keeping people sick and the business of dying/ death...no money for the govt in keeping people healthy and alive.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »
Hey Bob, I sent my Olympia review to BB.com to upload but I think they are too busy to post it.  See if you can pull some strings for me and have it put up.  ;D

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/mrolympiareport2009.html
Bodybuilding Pro.com

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2009, 12:30:15 AM »
Could Iris be the first crossover competitor, and do both the Women's Mrs. O and the men's 202?
yea it was actually a serious question, i think she could be top 5 in the under 202 show, shes was drier and had better symmetry than any of the men in that class.

davy1010

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2009, 05:07:18 AM »
yea it was actually a serious question, i think she could be top 5 in the under 202 show, shes was drier and had better symmetry than any of the men in that class.

She doesn't stand a chance in the 202 class, Daryl Gee finished last and he destroys her in shape, mass and symmetry. If you compare her to Kevin English it's just plane ridiculous

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #273 on: October 05, 2009, 05:41:03 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(

January 2nd, 2005
Dear IFBB Pro Men,

First I want to say, “Happy New Year” to each and everyone of you and may all your dreams and goals come true in the coming year!

As you all know, I had to get 98 Signatures (Majority Vote) of the Registered Athletes in 2003 to become the Athlete Representative for 2004 to 2006. That being said, there are 3 Official Meetings per/ yr. where the Issues, Concerns, Problems and Changes can be dealt with. I have personally spoken with those of you who had serious problems and concerns, as they related directly or indirectly with matters of:

Prize Money, Judges, Pay Per View, Promoters Failure to Pay, Contest Entry Deadlines, Score Sheets and other issues that needed the attention of the the federation or issues that needed a response by the federation.

Well, some Athletes responded with feedback for me to place on the table with the federation, while others didn’t respond to any issues or complaints that related to them.

This year, most of you were expecting a response from me following the Mr. Olympia regarding the final “Issues & Concerns” that were to be placed before the other Officials and the federation Vice President. I forwarded the detailed items to Jim Manion, the IFBB Vice President 8 weeks prior to the Olympia Weekend and we were to go over them at the Mr. Olympia Meeting prior to the contest with other Representives and Officials. I received an Email from an IFBB Official Representative that had the “Formal Representative Meeting” starting at 9pm Wendsday evening after the Athletes Meeting.

However, when I showed up for the Men’s Meeting starting at 7:30pm, I was told the Official & Representative Meeting began at 4:30pm and was over. I was also told I should have received and Email stating the “Change of Time” on my computer. Sadly, I never did receive an email and or a phone call stating the change.

I was told I would receive the “Minutes” regarding the meeting, however I have yet to hear or see anything that happend or was addressed regarding the issues you guys wanted me to address?

It is for this reason, I feel the position of “Athlete Representative” for me does not carry equal balance for you the Athletes in regard to the federation and promoters.

Therefore, I removing myself from the position of “Athlete Representative” effective immediatly. I feel I am not able to effectively have the issues that need immediate attention addressed by the federation to aide and assist you in your professional careers.

I wish you all continued success and best wishes!

Respectfully,

Shawn Ray

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: October 05, 2009, 09:10:28 AM »
Milos,

Why dont you apply to co-represent the athletes? Take some of the load off Bob's shoulders, and 2 heads are better than one!