Author Topic: Chick's Olympia Thread  (Read 33088 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: CHICK'S OLYMPIA THREAD
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2009, 08:16:17 AM »
How exactly? Has this guy moved the sport forward for just one inch in the past 12 months?

What were your expectations of him?

rayrod

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2009, 08:16:41 AM »
First off great job mc'ing chick.  My question is do you agree with pj being held on Friday and the posing round being held on Saturday.  

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2009, 08:20:28 AM »
Thank you.

Ideallly? No

But business is what ti's all about at the end of the day, and was the reason we moved the PJ to Friday night...more revenue allows us to do things like increase prize money...

I'm sure if we asked the athletes if they would give up the increase in purse to have the PJ on Sat morning...we would have a unamimous answer.

They are pro's...they adapt. (most of us came from the NPC where we did that for years, anyway)

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2009, 08:27:59 AM »

Chick, have you seen the thread about announcing the second place winner first??

You think Branch's amazing accomplishment was a bit downplayed by NOT being acknowledged, well at least Jay lifted his hand to congratulate him.  But don't you think they should go back to the old method of announcing the top two?
just not good enough

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2009, 08:35:46 AM »
Do you have the judging scores.

Did Jay win the symmetry round?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2009, 08:38:12 AM »
Bob, what's your opinion on the whole Stan Efferding/Johnnie Jackson/Ben White lift-off?
You were onstage with the mic when Stan jumped up there, and looked to stop Stan from just jumping on the bench and making a fool out of the other two guys.
Why was Stan barred from competing, when there was plenty enough time to have him added to the event? Was it "politics" or in order to create hype for next year?

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2009, 08:39:47 AM »

Chick, have you seen the thread about announcing the second place winner first??

You think Branch's amazing accomplishment was a bit downplayed by NOT being acknowledged, well at least Jay lifted his hand to congratulate him.  But don't you think they should go back to the old method of announcing the top two?
Thanks Brutal for reminding him, I was thinking the same thing.  Guys 3-6 got to do their curtain call.  #2 guy - especially a surprise like Branch I felt should have been acknowledged, but got lost when Jay was announced. They announce 2nd place at the Arnold, and I don't think it destroys the moment.

kingNOLI

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2009, 08:40:51 AM »
Jay won every round!!!

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »
You pay to enter the expo, almost everything is included with that...except the choice seating for the shows.

The answer to why we dont hold the 202 and womens in the Orleans showroom is simple....we have an expo going on, and want the people to attend, making it more conveinient for everyone...it's tough enough with the split between the venue/arena/ LVCC

Making a business decision to not have enough seating for everyone interested in watching the show really stinks.  It's hard enough to attract fans to a women's show, and when there are finally enough fans to make a good sized crowd of spectators, they are offered standing room only and encouraged to keep moving along and visit the expo booths.

Bob, is there room to hold the expo in the Orleans arena?  Put the booths around the arena corridor and have the stage available for shows.  That eliminates travel to the LVCC and makes everything happen in one place with seating and vendor booths.   

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »
Back from Vegas...any RELEVANT questions of the Olympia can be asked here, I'll do my best to answer....anything else will get deleted.

Chick, you did a good Job MCing. who gave you the wrong list of the top six?..... ;)

spinnis

« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2009, 09:32:43 AM »

Lol.

The focus will ALWAYS be on the Nr 1.

If they say Nr 2  before the first place, people with still cheer to the one that got first place Right away, even when the second one is reciving his award.

So this way it alot better.

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2009, 09:55:39 AM »
Did you write this "save face for Phil Heath" script, or did Allan Donnely?

Food poisoning...got some bad fish, or chicken...was basically in the bathroom for the better part of thursday night/ friday morning. It's amazing he still looked as good as he did for the PJ

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2009, 10:17:58 AM »
Nice work MCing chick. And yes, you looked big up there!

1 - how hot is it up there on stage for the guys that compete? Do they have aircon, or are the lights etc such that it is real hot.

2 - was it hot for you up there, wearing that suit etc?

3 - I heard Kai left the stage a few times, and then came back out again. What was that all about? Was he just ducking out for a quick piss, or what?

4 - After pre-judging I picked the top 4 exactly as you did although in order of Jay, Branch, Kai, Dex). Branch clearly came in great condition. But do you think this is as far as he can go? If I was him, I would be tempted to call it quits, and go out on a great note with that memorable performance.

5 - Regarding synthol (or suspicions of it) in some competitors, does it get marked down? Or if its subtly done and in proportion, does the overall look count. Eg, imagine if Branch had just pumped his biceps up a little, giving him a better front and back double biceps pose (in my opinion his bis were his weak point).

6 - Kai had the size, but obviously wasn't quite in the ripped condition he needed to be. Could a sauna and or other methods after the prejudging have helped, or was it too late?

7 - Do you think Dennis really gave his prep his best? To me it seems as though he really didn't care to much about winning this one.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Chick's Olympia Thread
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2009, 10:28:38 AM »
I know i have given jay his share of critisizim...but he looked dope as shit from the pics...like i was impressed...branch...wel l to me his body is ugly as shit..but still massivey buff

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2009, 10:30:08 AM »
Did you write this "save face for Phil Heath" script, or did Allan Donnely?

Neither - Thursday night, Phil got sick, a doctor actually came out - nothing to do with Allan or anyone else.

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2009, 10:31:31 AM »
Bob, So how was attendance this year? up or down? and what is in the works to combat the decline in the popularity of the sport? You guys don't even have the Olympia on TV anymore,

On the plus side you did do a good job MCing the event ad Kudos for that.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2009, 10:34:49 AM »
Nice work MCing chick. And yes, you looked big up there!

1 - how hot is it up there on stage for the guys that compete? Do they have aircon, or are the lights etc such that it is real hot.

2 - was it hot for you up there, wearing that suit etc?

3 - I heard Kai left the stage a few times, and then came back out again. What was that all about? Was he just ducking out for a quick piss, or what?

4 - After pre-judging I picked the top 4 exactly as you did although in order of Jay, Branch, Kai, Dex). Branch clearly came in great condition. But do you think this is as far as he can go? If I was him, I would be tempted to call it quits, and go out on a great note with that memorable performance.

5 - Regarding synthol (or suspicions of it) in some competitors, does it get marked down? Or if its subtly done and in proportion, does the overall look count. Eg, imagine if Branch had just pumped his biceps up a little, giving him a better front and back double biceps pose (in my opinion his bis were his weak point).

6 - Kai had the size, but obviously wasn't quite in the ripped condition he needed to be. Could a sauna and or other methods after the prejudging have helped, or was it too late?

7 - Do you think Dennis really gave his prep his best? To me it seems as though he really didn't care to much about winning this one.

It's extremely hot...especially for me as I have a suit on....imagine 50 halogen bulds pointing at you

Various guys will come and go off the stage after their callout to get a drink, towel off, fix color that is running, etc..

No....If you can finish 2nd, you can win...Branch will be around for a while

Anything weird looking will get you marked down...shoulders shouldnt have right angles to them, calves shouldn't have points, etc...if someone is using Synthol (or anything else) and you cant notice...than you cant notice and its irrelevant

Most "strategic" moves after prejudging are usually a disaster...Kai was in great conditioning, just not 10%....pretty damn good for firt Olympia appearance I would say

I assume you're talking about Wolf....it didnt take a rocket scientist to know that Dennis was way off form, thus the reason for his less than excited attitude....remember, he just took the whole year to prepare....I wouldnt exactly be jumping for joy either, especially when you ahve the genetics/ size/ shape to do better

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2009, 10:36:36 AM »
Bob, So how was attendance this year? up or down? and what is in the works to combat the decline in the popularity of the sport? You guys don't even have the Olympia on TV anymore,

On the plus side you did do a good job MCing the event ad Kudos for that.

Thanks for the props...

We set our own attendance record this year, as soon as I have an exact count of ticket sales, I'll post them up...

Expo was crazy busy, press conference was filled up as usual, and friday night was the best weve had so far...

Hellenic

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2009, 10:37:07 AM »
Great job at the show Chick!

Why don't the competitors from 16th place onwards receive a score just like everyone else?
Is there an official explanation to the number "80" they receive for the first 2 rounds?
Also, why arent they included in the posing round? Shouldn't they get an opportunity to
improve their placing on Saturday night?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2009, 10:38:21 AM »

Neither - Thursday night, Phil got sick, a doctor actually came out - nothing to do with Allan or anyone else.

No, no, no Ron...we scripted this 6 months ago...the tough part was having the paramedics come out, when there was no real need. ::)

Amazing some of these guys posting can generate enough brain power to type

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2009, 10:40:38 AM »

Why Moe is protected by judges ?
$

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2009, 10:44:54 AM »
Great job at the show Chick!

Why don't the competitors from 16th place onwards receive a score just like everyone else?
Is there an official explanation to the number "80" they receive for the first 2 rounds?
Also, why arent they included in the posing round? Shouldn't they get an opportunity to
improve their placing on Saturday night?

Because only the top 15 are considered to be "placed" at the Olympia, or in the money..after that, it really doesnt matter

As for having an opportunity to better the placing...from what? 20-18th?  The money is the same, and this is the pro's

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »
Bob, how close are you with Wolf?  As the athletes rep have you thought about contacting him and seeing if there's anything you can help him with or is that something where you'd wait for him to contact you?  He seriously needs to reevaluate his gameplan.  Staying over in Germany and using Chad's vodoo for his contest prep hasn't worked for 2 years now.  It would be shame for him to waste all that potential he has.  It would be good for the sport to see him competing at this best.  Wolf and Heath both at their best would be a great thing for the sport as whole.  Heath has had Jay to sort of mentor him and it's clearly worked.  Maybe Dennis needs someone like that to guide him.   Have you thought about talking to him or maybe just offering him some of your veteran's advice?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2009, 11:16:45 AM »
Wolf...because of HIS conditioning, not the judging.

Melvin/ Silvio...because of the judging

god i never got the hype behind silvio, really needs to drop down the the 202 class, he isn't big enough and any more mass his stomach will grow just give it up silvio!  And Melvin, retire already we are tired of seeing your physic.

jt
TEAM Nasser

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2009, 11:17:38 AM »
Because only the top 15 are considered to be "placed" at the Olympia, or in the money..after that, it really doesnt matter

As for having an opportunity to better the placing...from what? 20-18th?  The money is the same, and this is the pro's

Hey chic, great job announcing, this was one of the best olympias in years IMO.  Is there a way that the file can be streamed in something other than .wmv next year?  Not all of us are windows users, and it sucked not being able to watch the webcast.