Author Topic: Will Obama be able to close the deal and bring the Olympics to Chicago?  (Read 9952 times)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: Will Obama be able to close the deal and bring the Olympics to Chicago?
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2009, 01:41:31 PM »
Actually, rather than make fun of the President, I just get endless pleasure from the fact that Okrah found out she does NOT rule the world. 
~

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2009, 01:42:47 PM »
Grant, Chi-town or Rio, the choice wasn't hard. The well known port city that had beautiful beaches, beautiful women and a well known sex tourism trade, vs well, Chicago is not really known for anything. No man, no even a living Michael Jackson could have convinced the IOC. Not even the Pope, especially since Brazil is the worlds largest Catholic country, and there is big Jesus staring down a the city.

But Chi has Pizzeria UNO!

The most sick thing and what appears that people don't seem or want to understand about this is that people will gloat and ridicule Obama as if this is all occurring in a vacuum. When he loses, WE ALL LOSE. We don't need terrorism ruin this country. We are our own worst enemy.

I digress. Congrats to Brasilia! The Olympics will be AMAZING there!

Almost always, yes.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2009, 01:43:46 PM »
Over on State St? Like... State/Lake? State/Grand?

Is Marina Towers where that dentist was running a sex slave operation at a few years back?

-Block!

That's the one!

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2009, 01:50:16 PM »
Yes.  if obama would have won the olympics, they were already complaining about the massive cost to local economies from hosting the games.

Since he lost, they're gonna shit on him for that.

You knew they were gonna complain either way.  it's their job.

Rob, I am not seeing any media evidence that they would have busted on Obama for getting Chicago elected?  What are you guys talking about?  This would have been a victory for Obama!  That's why he went to pitch it in the first place?

Everyone (even the Repubs and Limbaugh) all know that the Games would have stimulated this economy and created jobs?  There is not one example in the history of the Olympic games that did not profit that city 4 times over?  Have you even seen the figures from the 1984 Games in LA?  Or the profits China made in the last games?

The theories you come up with Rob .... just don't make sense.  You speculate with no evidence.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »
who gives a shit about the olympics anyway. move thread

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2009, 02:44:20 PM »
Why would president of the USA get involved in campaigning for a sport event?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2009, 02:52:58 PM »
To answer the retards question....no.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2009, 02:58:19 PM »
   ;D
Gracie Rules

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2009, 03:16:41 PM »
But Chi has Pizzeria UNO!

ate there past Sunday afternoon.  There were like 3 people there (which is nice, cuz the seating capacity's around 5).
Deep Tissue Massage

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2009, 03:18:19 PM »
Rob, I am not seeing any media evidence that they would have busted on Obama for getting Chicago elected?  What are you guys talking about?  This would have been a victory for Obama!  That's why he went to pitch it in the first place?

Everyone (even the Repubs and Limbaugh) all know that the Games would have stimulated this economy and created jobs?  There is not one example in the history of the Olympic games that did not profit that city 4 times over?  Have you even seen the figures from the 1984 Games in LA?  Or the profits China made in the last games?

The theories you come up with Rob .... just don't make sense.  You speculate with no evidence.

O'Reilly, Beck, Rush, etc all were saying that Obama's push for Chicago was all agenda based. He would "repay" his debt through the big building contracts needed for the host and $$ for the bigwigz in Chicago who were critical to his political rise.
I saw it/heard it loud n clear and FYI I'm no left winged dem either. I am unbiased.

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2009, 03:50:38 PM »
Obama should worry about being president not about cops breaking down doors, Manger West or the fuckin Olympics

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2009, 04:01:36 PM »
blockhead stinks of right wing repub
Good guess... with a little bit of Libertarian in me.

- Block!
?

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2009, 04:04:14 PM »
O'Reilly, Beck, Rush, etc all were saying that Obama's push for Chicago was all agenda based. He would "repay" his debt through the big building contracts needed for the host and $$ for the bigwigz in Chicago who were critical to his political rise.

Regardless, who cares if Obama had a hidden agenda? I actually don't doubt it either!  But no one can deny (Beck, Rush, you, etc) that Chicago only stood to benefit through new massive employment, new development and ultimately a BIG profit over these games!

This would have been a huge moral victory for Obama.   But he failed.  Why did he fail?  Answer me that?

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2009, 04:05:20 PM »
$900K trip to Denmark for 4th place finish.

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2009, 04:11:09 PM »

Yeah, crazy when you think about it!  Obama and his wife have really gone crazy with their political entourage .... it's reallly embarassing.

Can you imagine the respect Obama (and his wife) would have gained if they had CUT down on their political staff, chiefs, personal trainers, make-up-and-hair people, etc during this recession?  Instead they increased their entourage to an all time high?

Hey dov... why do you think Obama crashed and burned in his bid for Chicago?

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2009, 04:13:09 PM »
Regardless, who cares if Obama had a hidden agenda? I actually don't doubt it either!  But no one can deny (Beck, Rush, you, etc) that Chicago only stood to benefit through new massive employment, new development and ultimately a BIG profit over these games!

This would have been a huge moral victory for Obama.   But he failed.  Why did he fail?  Answer me that?
Left wing nutjobs say it had nothing to do with Obama, but everything to do with Bush...a little "payback" for a lot of the worlds discontent with the previous admin...
I just don't think the right wing nutjobs would've been pleased either way. BTW, Putin, Blair, and other leaders have previously stumpped for their country's bids as well.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2009, 04:15:29 PM »
Yeah, crazy when you think about it!  Obama and his wife have really gone crazy with their political entourage .... it's reallly embarassing.

Can you imagine the respect Obama (and his wife) would have gained if they had CUT down on their political staff, chiefs, personal trainers, make-up-and-hair people, etc during this recession?  Instead they increased their entourage to an all time high?

Agreed...most great leaders lead by example

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »

he already has my respect.  anyway...his entourage is a lot cheaper and safer than bush's entourage searching for WMD when we already knew they were in Russia and China.  Next? 
Oh...Monica!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »
he already has my respect.  anyway...his entourage is a lot cheaper and safer than bush's entourage searching for WMD when we already knew they were in Russia and China.  Next? 

x2 and he didn't want all those choppers they had ordered, he is very conservative with money, best president ever...EVER.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2009, 05:36:14 PM »

Dude, your waaay off on that figure....it was $1mil for each jet in fuel alone. But he shouldn't worry about that.........we're paying for it >:(

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »
x2 and he didn't want all those choppers they had ordered, he is very conservative with money, best president ever...EVER.

jt

Yeah......Obama's doing a great job.........just like I predicted ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »
Yeah......Obama's doing a great job.........just like I predicted ::)
LOL. You'd be hard-pressed to predict a sunrise, Coach.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2009, 06:06:13 PM »
Dude, your waaay off on that figure....it was $1mil for each jet in fuel alone. But he shouldn't worry about that.........we're paying for it >:(

are you some how suggesting George W was better???? LOLOLOLOL dude spent more money than any other president EVER, so you have no case repubs, Obama is so conservative spender compared to Bush.  Remember that one flight into baghdad airport in somewhat middle of the war Bush had, just for a quick hi to the troops, how much did we foot the bill on that secret military mission.  Or how bout Bushs fighter flight onto the air craft carrier to announce the war was one and have some huge party, how much did it cost tax payers for that?????  Just shut your mouth get in line repub, cause you are a dying pathetic breed no ones cares about anymore.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2009, 06:20:32 PM »
its funny chicago just got rejected for the olympics with the lowest vote
epic obama trying to controll everything
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2009, 06:39:58 PM »
are you some how suggesting George W was better???? LOLOLOLOL dude spent more money than any other president EVER, so you have no case repubs, Obama is so conservative spender compared to Bush.  Remember that one flight into baghdad airport in somewhat middle of the war Bush had, just for a quick hi to the troops, how much did we foot the bill on that secret military mission.  Or how bout Bushs fighter flight onto the air craft carrier to announce the war was one and have some huge party, how much did it cost tax payers for that?????  Just shut your mouth get in line repub, cause you are a dying pathetic breed no ones cares about anymore.

jt

Hahaha.......Ok, if I may suggest? Pull yourself out of this conversation before you get owned bigtime....either that or try to keep up, your embarrassing yourself!