Author Topic: REMEMBER THAT GUY?? WOULD HE HAVE WON THE OLYMPIA 09??  (Read 2542 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
REMEMBER THAT GUY?? WOULD HE HAVE WON THE OLYMPIA 09??
« on: October 03, 2009, 02:53:19 PM »
 :-[

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: REMEMBER THAT GUY?? WOULD HE HAVE WON THE OLYMPIA 09??
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:54:26 PM »
:-[

Ms Olympia called she wants her calves back  :-X

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 02:57:13 PM »
Ms Olympia called she wants her calves back  :-X

:-X  OMFG, true story.  :-X :-X :-X

PS - people are too harsh on pros always expecting them to make unrealistic improvements "If only Wolf could come in 20 pounds heavier with slightly better conditioning, a thicker lower back, and bigger calves."  ::)

His calves are a genetic weak point and will not get much bigger.  His lower back could presumably get thicker but probably at a cost of a wider waist.  I think he should have basically just repeated his previous showings and he would have done very well.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 03:00:45 PM »
WOW.

Milos did a good job

Tell me about it.  The only person I felt may have deservedly beat Dennis in 2007 was Victor Martinez and it could have gone either way.  Dexter beating Dennis would have been acceptable in my mind but Ronnie and Jay?  :-X :-X  Please...he was third at worst that year and I don't think anyone would have lodged any complaints had he won the whole show.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
How can you get so much worse in 2 years of training, dieting and steroid abusing?? ???

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 03:03:53 PM »

PS - people are too harsh on pros always expecting them to make unrealistic improvements "If only Wolf could come in 20 pounds heavier with slightly better conditioning, a thicker lower back, and bigger calves."  ::)

His calves are a genetic weak point and will not get much bigger.  His lower back could presumably get thicker but probably at a cost of a wider waist.  I think he should have basically just repeated his previous showings and he would have done very well.
Or maybe he's all drugs, like Phil Heath. He blew up just as quick, and one does that, they tend not to develop certain things, like oh, calves and back! Something about Wolf I can't put my finger on, just something odd about him.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 03:04:17 PM »

Unrealistic improvements? better conditioning? that's unrealistic? having proportionate calves?  ??? shoot we should forgive him it's not his fault  ::) same guys crying about Dorian's biceps and waist  ::)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 03:24:19 PM »
Unrealistic improvements? better conditioning? that's unrealistic? having proportionate calves?  ??? shoot we should forgive him it's not his fault  ::) same guys crying about Dorian's biceps and waist  ::)

Every competitor has weak points and calves aren't exactly something I would harp on with anyone.  Sure if you're going to talk about complete head to toe, but even that isn't always enough (look at Phil Heath) in every case.  Really all Dennis needs to do is work on his lower back and overall back thickness, bring his legs up a little and he would have been good.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 03:27:57 PM »
man he looks friggin great in that first picture. needs to come in shape and he can be in the top 5 olympia spot
follow the arrows

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 03:31:25 PM »
Every competitor has weak points and calves aren't exactly something I would harp on with anyone.  Sure if you're going to talk about complete head to toe, but even that isn't always enough (look at Phil Heath) in every case.  Really all Dennis needs to do is work on his lower back and overall back thickness, bring his legs up a little and he would have been good.

Weak calves cannot be hidden they can be seen from every single angle in every pose. You're right about everyone having weakpoints some more than others

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 03:33:02 PM »
Weak calves cannot be hidden they can be seen from every single angle in every pose. You're right about everyone having weakpoints some more than others

Are you highlighting calves all the time cause they are one of the few parts which were not a weak point from Dorian??

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 03:34:56 PM »
Are you highlighting calves all the time cause they are one of the few parts which were not a weak point from Dorian??

Dorian at his best almost has no weak points , biceps not really weak but not spectacular . and NO read any of Arnold's books he'll teach you the importance of having a good pair of calves

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 03:50:36 PM »
WOW.

Milos did a good job

Yup too bad Wolf went with Chad who has no credentials at all, when Milos is very smart, intelligent, former IFBB pro and multi successful, and has a little Nasser flowing in him since Nasser banged his wife before he did.

jt
TEAM Nasser

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 03:55:09 PM »
Yup too bad Wolf went with Chad who has no credentials at all, when Milos is very smart, intelligent, former IFBB pro and multi successful, and has a little Nasser flowing in him since Nasser banged his wife before he did.

jt

So it's Nassers credit that Milos prepared Wolf so well for the 2007 season.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 04:24:47 PM »
So it's Nassers credit that Milos prepared Wolf so well for the 2007 season.

well i wasn't thinking that, but you could say sooo....
TEAM Nasser

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »
How can you get so much worse in 2 years of training, dieting and steroid abusing?? ???

He didn't. He just didn't peak properly for the show the last couple of years.

And no, he wouldn't have beaten Jay in that shape. He wouldn't have beaten 2006 Jay in that shape either. He does need to step onstage at 290 - 300 lb in his 2007 condition (or better) to be a contender for the title. And that is a gain he is easily capable of in 2 years or so.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 04:56:57 PM »
people are too harsh on pros always expecting them to make unrealistic improvements "If only Wolf could come in 20 pounds heavier with slightly better conditioning, a thicker lower back, and bigger calves."  ::)

There's nothing unrealistic about it. Look at guys like Jay and Dorian and Ronnie. Think about how big they were and how mature their physique was when they first started competing in the pro shows and how much bigger and better they were at their peaks. It's because of the improvements that they kept climbing up the pro ranks and stayed there.

Are you saying Gunther would've been able to defeat Ronnie in the 2002 SOS if he was the same Gunther who competed in the 1996 Arnold Classic where he didn't place in the top 10? Or that Ronnie would have won the 99 or 2003 Olympia if he was in his 1994 Mr Olympia shape?

Humans (on drugs or otherwise) can keep growing bigger and stronger up until they are around 45. Dennis Wolf can improve a lot of his weak points and come in at 300 lb shredded. It's not impossible.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »
Wolf has really improved his chest over the years- just an observation (no homo)
follow the arrows

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 05:37:48 PM »
pros today dont try to minimize weak points.  they shoudl take a cue from arnold and get more serious about the parts that dont look good.

That's true , Wolf's calves just look stupid compared to his quads it's night & day

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 05:38:39 PM »
Whats that lump above his belly button? ???

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 05:40:34 PM »
Whats that lump above his belly button? ???
tumor

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 05:42:53 PM »
Nice......

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 07:02:30 PM »
Milos > Chad
It's Hip to be Square!

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »
future queer bait