Author Topic: Obama's Nobel Peace Prize is an "Embarassing Joke"  (Read 9635 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Obama's Nobel Peace Prize is an "Embarassing Joke"
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2009, 09:57:22 AM »
Actually, I am still waiting for you clowns to admit I was spot on about the effects of the Stimulus and C4C that you libs shilled for. 

I'll help you out. 

FAILURE!

what does that have to do with foreign policy?

shouldn't you be out hoarding gold right now?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2009, 09:58:47 AM »
when did he make those speeches straw?

face it hoss this is nothing other then a "your not bush award"

even if you believe the shit youre saying youre admitting this is simply a political ploy

Obama hasnt done much to give credence to straw plain and simple the good will we supposedly have abroad is probably his high point as president as of now. That doesnt equate to a noble peace prize bro open your eyes and see this for what it is.

You say 333, me and others will shit on him for everything but you overlook the fact that you will praise him for everything...

you honestly don't remember his speeches in the middle east and arab world immediately

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2009, 10:00:59 AM »
you honestly don't remember his speeches in the middle east and arab world immediately

I remember this, but not much else.  No wonder the world loves him.  He brings us down to their level. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
I remember this, but not much else.  No wonder the world loves him.  He brings us down to their level. 

I thought you liked cheering for America's failures and pretending that success = failure

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
I thought you liked cheering for America's failures and pretending that success = failure

For America to succeed, Obama must fail.  If Obama's policies succeed, the nation fails. 

Obama is not the country, he is an elected politician who thankfully will be a one term mistake at best.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2009, 10:27:59 AM »

oh no straw i completely remember but were those made within the first 2 weeks of his presidency as that was the cut off for nominations?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2009, 11:33:54 AM »
For America to succeed, Obama must fail.  If Obama's policies succeed, the nation fails. 

Obama is not the country, he is an elected politician who thankfully will be a one term mistake at best.   

talk about drinking the cool aid

you're a certified idiot

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »
oh no straw i completely remember but were those made within the first 2 weeks of his presidency as that was the cut off for nominations?

I doubt you watched either video (especially the longer one) where the people making this decision explained their rationale.

Why don't you give it a rest and save your energy so that you can critize the next success or failure that Obama has

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »
talk about drinking the cool aid

you're a certified idiot

Stimulus is a failed mess.
The Bailouts are a failed mess.
C4C is a failed mess.
UE is going well over 10% and will stay there.  Count on it.
Cap & Tax will export millions of mfg jobs and raise energy costs.
The deficit is the highest ever and going higher because of the bailouts and expansion of govt.
"Health Care Reform" is nothing more than a middle class tax increase.

So GFY with your bullshit and bask in the glory of your failed messiah who goes around the world trashing this nation while it burns.       

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2009, 05:24:35 PM »
Stimulus is a failed mess.
The Bailouts are a failed mess.
C4C is a failed mess.
UE is going well over 10% and will stay there.  Count on it.
Cap & Tax will export millions of mfg jobs and raise energy costs.
The deficit is the highest ever and going higher because of the bailouts and expansion of govt.
"Health Care Reform" is nothing more than a middle class tax increase.
So GFY with your bullshit and bask in the glory of your failed messiah who goes around the world trashing this nation while it burns.       

yeah -no doubt we're doomed and it's all Obama's fault

you better hurry up and find a new country to live in and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out

Hopefully you can still get Rush and Glen Beck where ever you wind up going

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2009, 05:50:29 PM »

you better hurry up and find a new country to live in and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out

As long as i can bring Palin with me too its all good right Straw????

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »

Watch and learn. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2009, 06:07:07 PM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2009, 06:08:14 PM »
great we have to listen to a guy talking in his bedroom

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2009, 06:09:15 PM »

This guy has been posting these videos for a long time and they are extremely informative with facts and figures of the economy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2009, 06:18:57 PM »

Fine watch this guy -

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2009, 08:44:48 PM »
As long as i can bring Palin with me too its all good right Straw????

unless you're talking about kidnapping her I assume you're just talking about your jack off fantasies

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2009, 04:45:33 AM »
unless you're talking about kidnapping her I assume you're just talking about your jack off fantasies

You Betcha Straw. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2009, 05:13:00 AM »
Sunday, October 11, 2009
EDITORIAL: A Nobel for nothing

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The news Friday that President Obama was awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize was met with widespread incredulity and skepticism. "For what?" was the most uttered phrase of the day. The almost universal sense of disbelief was reinforced when word spread that the deadline for nominations had been Feb. 1, less than two weeks after Mr. Obama entered office. By rights, the nomination should have been diagnosed as a symptom of an extreme case of Obamamania and quietly discarded.

Certainly there have been less deserved awards of the Nobel Peace Prize, such as the 1994 award to Palestinian terrorist Yasser Arafat, or the 2007 nod to former Vice President Al Gore for his big, scary science-fiction movie. However, Mr. Obama stands out as history's only recipient who even the Nobel Committee admitted won more for what he hopes to do than anything substantive he actually has done.

Mr. Obama stands on the shoulders of giants. Other presidents who have won the award - Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter - received recognition for concluding major peace agreements. Comparison to major human rights champions such as South Africa's Nelson Mandela, Burma's Aung San Suu Kyi and India's Mother Teresa diminish Mr. Obama even further. A record 205 nominees were considered for the 2009 prize, among them Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai, who has risked more, suffered more and done more for peace than Mr. Obama, and the Cluster Munitions Coalition, which was nominated for persuading nearly 100 countries to sign a multilateral treaty banning cluster bombs. We await a similar success from our president.

This award was so disproportionate to Mr. Obama's achievements that it weakens him; it casts a glaring spotlight on his utter lack of accomplishments. The timing is awkward, coming on the heels of Mr. Obama's embarrassing failure to bring home Chicago's 2016 Olympics bid and coinciding with tense debate over the escalation of the war effort in Afghanistan. The White House lamely spun the award as a "call to action," but this message ironically reinforces the sense that Mr. Obama has been largely inactive in office.

The president should decline the award in favor of a more deserving recipient. That would show leadership and strength of character. It also would demonstrate faith in himself and his presidency that some day he actually will do something worthy of the award. There is more to making history than simply voting present.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2009, 08:16:32 AM »

Issam al-Khazraji, a day laborer in Baghdad, said: "He doesn't deserve this prize. All these problems -- Iraq, Afghanistan -- have not been solved...The man of 'change' hasn't changed anything yet."

Liaqat Baluch, a senior leader of the Jamaat-e-Islami, a conservative religious party in Pakistan, called the award an embarrassing "joke."

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told Reuters: "The Nobel prize for peace? Obama should have won 'the Nobel Prize for escalating violence and killing civilians'."

these are the quotes you choose to highlight?

haha brutal credibility

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
I doubt you watched either video (especially the longer one) where the people making this decision explained their rationale.

Why don't you give it a rest and save your energy so that you can critize the next success or failure that Obama has
huh? you didnt address one point or answer one question i asked

is this your way of saying i was right and that those speeches were made after his first 2 weeks and therefor had nothing to do with his nomination?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »
I haven't read through this whole thread so not sure if this has been brought up but it's definitely worth noting.

Mother Teresa, it took 29 years for her to be given a Nobel Peace Prize...something she cared nothing for either way, but she spent a lifetime of poverty and self-less service taking care of starving children. Obama, 9 months as president, done nothing...not saying he won't, even though I have strong doubts....but he's yet to do anything worth while.

Should any president be given this award? In my opinion, no. It doesn't really fit with the notion of the prize. Even so, regardless of what you think about certain presidents, I can think of several who would deserve it far more than Obama...i.e. Ronald Reagan. Love him or hate him, make any claim you want, he was the sitting president during the fall of communism in the USSR. That alone warrents him the award for Obama who has done nothing more than win a presidential election.

It's nice to know this award is now based on "What people say for the future." If that's all it takes, I hope the panel is listening to me know...in the future I will bring the world peace and prosperity the world over. It will be a utopia, heaven on earth...free HBO for everyone. Now, give me my check!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2009, 07:52:04 AM »
They've also been slammed for their omissions. Mahatma Gandhi, the iconic leader of the Indian independence movement and a symbol of nonviolence, never won the Nobel, though he was nominated five times.

Unbelievable!    >:(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2011, 06:39:35 AM »
Yes, righty thinking is so much better. Better to lie to people and take us into a trumped up war resulting in the needless death of several thousand troops and nearly bankrupting the country in the process.  :(

As if Obama has done anything better in three years?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2011, 07:48:09 AM »
So, by the way Obama has conducted himself since "earning" his Peace Prize, I assume they're handing them out now? If so, I'd like one for my wall.